Rumor: Columbus shopping David Savard

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
It feels to me like they are gearing up for Hall more than Pie, but who knows.

I feel like Hall is more of a need. Jones and Werenski are already great as a D core, Pie would be an amazing add, but perhaps not the priority at this point?

Reactions: tuozzi

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Well, Columbus builds from the backend. Even the forwards they have are defensively aware. They also have no forward over 6M. That will obviously change when PLD gets an extension. Torts and Jarmo seem to like having a balanced 2-3rd liners offense and top-notch backend. It kinda is like Vegas actually. No real stars. And for the record - I rather have a team structured like this, than what Maple Leafs have done. If you want to restructure the team, it is very easy to trade a 1D for 1st liners...
Vegas has stars. Mark Stone and Max Pacioretty.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
What happens if they don't get Hall/Pietro but like Hoffman and Barrie?

Man, Columbus is going to explode.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
It feels to me like they are gearing up for Hall more than Pie, but who knows.

I feel like Hall is more of a need. Jones and Werenski are already great as a D core, Pie would be an amazing add, but perhaps not the priority at this point?

Pietrangelo is definately going to Vegas. But if you guys also trade Savard, at some point you will need D. Is this a possibility you are going for Krug?

Also, what will Dubois's contract look like??

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Montreal should be all over that.

Chiarot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Savard

Talk about a bruusing D.

Worst part is they have around 4 millions left. Makes almost too much sense.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
All these moves, but still have their top 3 D intact, clear about 18M in salary, and have filled what was their biggest hole in their lineup (at the time) at 2C.

If Savard is shopped I think he would return a bona fide top 6 forward (maybe a highly paid one on a team looking to retool) and would be replaced somewhat via FA

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Toronto has to be involved if there's Savard trade talks. He should be near the top of Dubas' wish list.

I'd trade a 1st for him, assuming there's a reasonable chance he extends his contract. Or either of the D prospects, Sandin or Liljegren.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Columbus about pull a Wild and Sogn Pietrangelo and Hall, but it will actually work because they only have to get 7 year deals not 13 years.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
If dubas doesnt get him I'll be pissed.

Offer a 2nd+AJ and see if the jackets have interest. If that's not enough change AJ to a solid prospect (abramov/SDA/Kral). Work out a deal for AJ later even if it's at a loss in value.

Get savard and sign him to an extension right away. Come on dubas

Gotta agree with you on this. Savard is pretty much exactly what the Leafs need. A defensively responsible top 4 Dman that will not cost a fortune both in assets or cap.

Reactions: qqaz

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
If Leafs can't make Pietrangelo work, I'd love for them to go out and trade for Savard and sign someone like Weegar/Gudas. I think that would be a really solid defense going forward.

Rielly - Savard
Muzzin - Holl
Dermott - Weegar/Gudas
Sandin

Wonder what the Jackets are looking for?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Toronto has to be involved if there's Savard trade talks. He should be near the top of Dubas' wish list.

I'd trade a 1st for him, assuming there's a reasonable chance he extends his contract. Or either of the D prospects, Sandin or Liljegren.

Sandin can't be in a Toronto deal

Reactions: kevrondl

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

the 1rst ,,,,yes

no,,,, to those prospects

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad