Rumor: Columbus shopping David Savard

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
And I’m just saying the kind of players Toronto would have to move out if we were to make another move wouldn’t be that hard to move.
We have 4 very expensive forwards but outside of that we don’t really have bad contracts. We have tons of flexibility.
4 f players 40.4m
add 3 d-men 15.6m
2 g's 6.5m
9 m 62.1m poof
13 players get 19.4m.
No the leafs do not have flexibility.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Would be a hefty +. I would think Dubas would be working on werenski if he was talking nylander not savard.

Leafs would love savard. Leafs would probably offer johnsson + picks or prospects. I cannot see jackets looking to discuss werenski so i dont think nylander is a starting point
Yeah if ZW is going we are trying to get Marner, oh well.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Columbus shopping David Savard doesn't make any sense unless Alex Pietrangelo is going to Columbus.

Columbus landing Pietrangelo and sending Savard+Foudy+ for Gaudreau would be the dream, but it's a bit of a reach.

Reactions: CoachWithNoTeam

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
With Klefbom might needing surgery and UFAs not wanting 1-year deals... would the Blue Jackets take a 4th or 5th for Savard if they sign Hall or Pietro?

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
4 f players 40.4m
add 3 d-men 15.6m
2 g's 6.5m
9 m 62.1m poof
13 players get 19.4m.
No the leafs do not have flexibility.
We could trade Andersen. And acquire a cheaper goaltender. We could move Holl and bring up Liljegren. We could trade trade Dermot and bring up Sandin. We could trade Johnson or Kerfoot.
We definitely over paid our top 4 forwards. But we have options.

I’m not saying they will or should do any of those thing in particular. But we aren’t as locked in to our current situation as you think

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Columbus shopping David Savard doesn't make any sense unless Alex Pietrangelo is going to Columbus.

Columbus landing Pietrangelo and sending Savard+Foudy+ for Gaudreau would be the dream, but it's a bit of a reach.

Pietrangelo agrees to sign with Columbus to play in the second pair ? I doubt it

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Where are the Leafs going to find a cheaper goalie (sub $5M) that's on par or better than Andersen. Pipe dream IMO.
Andersen hasn’t exactly been lights out in the playoffs when have needed him to be. And I’m not even saying we are going to do it. Just that it is an option.

But if you want me to pick a name I would think Crawford could be had cheaply right now and be used as a tandem with Campbell.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
You don't strike me as the creative sort.
I know ....
I get the Leafs cap situation really isn’t that good. But have people not been watching what GMs have done in the cap era?
If a team really want to add a guy who is paid 4.5m they can find a way.

Like having him traded to another team first and having them retain salary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad