Rumor: Columbus shopping David Savard

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If dubas doesnt get him I'll be pissed.

Offer a 2nd+AJ and see if the jackets have interest. If that's not enough change AJ to a solid prospect (abramov/SDA/Kral). Work out a deal for AJ later even if it's at a loss in value.

Get savard and sign him to an extension right away. Come on dubas

They way he's dumping salary you can probably get him for a 3rd

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Seriously what is Columbus doing? At this point if they don’t pull off a huge UFA later today what’s the status of their owner and his finances?

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
You would think they'd want another defenseman coming back in the trade, no?

I mean, even if they sign Pietrangelo, is the plan just to roll with Kukan/Gavrikov and Carlsson as 4-5-6? What if someone gets injured. Do they really like Peeke or something?

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Seriously what is Columbus doing? At this point if they don’t pull off a huge UFA later today what’s the status of their owner and his finances?
It’s either a crazy gamble or Jarmo has a verbal agreement with Hall or Pietrangelo. It had better be the latter

Reactions: qqaz and bl02

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
What are the odds Columbus is doing this just to dump money under strict orders from ownership? Not being a jerk, genuinely asking.

It does look like that, and I think many teams will have to do it, or we will have a LOCKOUT. Something has to give. The CAP grew exponentially and it was detached from reality. Now reality will have to sink in with empty arenas. Players will be paid proportional to what teams make. No more fantasy. Truth hurts.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa

I mean, even if they sign Pietrangelo, is the plan just to roll with Kukan/Gavrikov and Carlsson as 4-5-6? What if someone gets injured. Do they really like Peeke or something?

Yea... they kinda do...

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Harrington's still in the system, and Peeke has indeed been good early. Beyond that, though... IDKWTF.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area

Jones - Werenski
Pietrangelo- Gavrikov
Peeke - Kukan
Harrington

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Seriously Dubas better JUMP at this, because the way Columbus is dumping Salary Savard isn't costing a 1st or a top prospect he can be had on the cheap.

I'm not the biggest fan of Holl but if Holl MUST stay

Savard Rielly

Holl Muzzin

looks pretty good to me

I don't like Holl but he works with Muzzin

Reactions: leafsfan5

jacketsnation

Jul 25, 2017
We're not signing pietrangelo

Doubt they trade savard!

Hopefully signing hall same agent as Anderson and domi

Jannik Hansen

Apr 16, 2016
Can I get a Savard scouting report? He’s pretty good defensively and has some physicality right?

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Jones - Werenski
Pietrangelo- Gavrikov
Peeke - Kukan
Harrington
I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but money aside (and I think they'll probably end up pretty close anyway), I think

Jones - Werenski
Savard - Murray
Nutivaara - Gavrikov
Peeke - Kukan

Is probably a better defense corps.

The first one has a lot of eggs in one basket that can get derailed with a single injury.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Jones - Werenski
Pietrangelo- Gavrikov
Peeke - Kukan
Harrington

I hope you are right.. historically CBJ hasn't landed a big fish like Pietrangelo. Canadian following the money/contender probably has other options.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad