Post-Game Talk: Columbus Downs Edmonton in a Shootout 5-4

WayneGreatzky

Nov 26, 2014
Edmonton
TDj1kLa.jpg

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
A lot of teams expect an easy win and when they get a lead they relax enabling the Oilers to come back. When the other teams senese a loss they put the pressure on and usually the Oilers wilt. That's been the story so often lately.

Oilers really aren't that competative despite the close score but at this point we all just hope for an entertaining game and it was.

Arctic Fox

Nov 17, 2007
A lot of teams expect an easy win and when they get a lead they relax enabling the Oilers to come back. When the other teams senese a loss they put the pressure on and usually the Oilers wilt. That's been the story so often lately.

Oilers really aren't that competative despite the close score but at this point we all just hope for an entertaining game and it was.

Goaltending with 0.900 record would be helpful. Not to say that our defense shows up for games either. Some games look like we are back to Krueger's era of run and gun.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
8 points in 4 games for RNH.

Working up the top 30 list for centers.

Suddenly his "critics" are a little quieter.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I'm trying to stream theteam1260 post game show, but keep getting this message. "We're sorry, this On-demand content is temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a few minutes"

Anyone else running into this?

TheBrew

Mar 9, 2003
I'm trying to stream theteam1260 post game show, but keep getting this message. "We're sorry, this On-demand content is temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a few minutes"

Anyone else running into this?
Just press the play Button on the player and it should work.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Doesn't equate to enough wins though.

No, but it's still an improvement that had to happen. Even without an uninjured Hall, the team is scoring. The improved PP gets the scoring to where it should be for a team with this level of talent.

Now we just need the GM to wake up and realize that the D needs improvement badly. G too probably, though it's tough to judge a G playing behind a D like this.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
No, but it's still an improvement that had to happen. Even without an uninjured Hall, the team is scoring. The improved PP gets the scoring to where it should be for a team with this level of talent.

Now we just need the GM to wake up and realize that the D needs improvement badly. G too probably, though it's tough to judge a G playing behind a D like this.

Like night and day from the Eakins PPs. Sigh... I don't know how we were that bad :shakehead

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Just shows how awful Eakins really was. Yet the TSN "experts" had the audacity to pity and defend him. Especially that joke in Dreger.

TO loves the guy. They will defend him until he gets another job and blows that. Otherwise they would have to admit they were wrong. Which the TO media never does.

If he does blow another HC job in the NHL, TO will never mention him again, and pretend they never really loved him.

Like night and day from the Eakins PPs. Sigh... I don't know how we were that bad :shakehead

Right? The team actually moves around and forces the defending team to change position instead of staying in a box and intercepting every cross ice pass.

Also, Lander has been a god send on the PP. A person in front that can screen, annoy and knock in rebounds has been lacking for a long time. Good for Nelson for bringing Lander's AHL game to the NHL.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
TO loves the guy. They will defend him until he gets another job and blows that. Otherwise they would have to admit they were wrong. Which the TO media never does.

If he does blow another HC job in the NHL, TO will never mention him again, and pretend they never really loved him.

Is anyone even mentioning him now? I don't think anyone in Toronto cares about Eakins anymore to be honest.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Side note. Interesting that Eberle is the 3rd highest point getter since early Feb. I knew he was playing well, but that is a high level even for him. Maybe that 70p+ season wasn't a one off.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
TSN and Dreger in particular have jumped to his defense a number of times.

Dreger did like the day after he was fired. I haven't really heard anything since. Might be I just haven't had my ear close enough to the ground :dunno:

And honestly... is the team really any better without Eakins? I'll full admit Eakins was terrible. Nelson is definitely a better fit for this team.

But even with having fixed the PP and having players like Eberle/Nuge/Yak scoring at or around a PPG lataely we've got one win in our last 10 games?

This team is just ****ing awful. That clearly was not even close to being all on Dallas Eakins. In the grand scheme of things it seems like it is a relatively minor part of it.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Dreger did like the day after he was fired. I haven't really heard anything since. Might be I just haven't had my ear close enough to the ground :dunno:

Actually, neither have I. I have mostly tuned out the hockey media because of some of their recent stances like Yak is a lazy un-coachable bust flight risk and Eakins was a good coach. I thought I saw something more recent than that from Dreger about Eakins, but perhaps I am mistaken.

I guess I should **** without actual facts to back me up. :laugh:

And yes the team is awful with this D. But they are definitely better than under Eakins. They still lose, but at least they are in most games. They weren't under Eakins. Every player played like crap under him. At least some are playing well for Nelson.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria

And honestly... is the team really any better without Eakins? I'll full admit Eakins was terrible. Nelson is definitely a better fit for this team.

But even with having fixed the PP and having players like Eberle/Nuge/Yak scoring at or around a PPG lataely we've got one win in our last 10 games?

This team is just ****ing awful. That clearly was not even close to being all on Dallas Eakins. In the grand scheme of things it seems like it is a relatively minor part of it.

If you can't see a difference then I question whether you're watching.

We may still lose but we don't get hemmed in for entire periods with only <5 shots on net anymore, Oilers actually capable of hemming other teams in, this is watchable hockey and I'll take it over an Eakins game any day.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006

It's still a bad team, but most of them try now. Fans can handle a bad team somewhat; they can't handle lack of effort. The best move now would be to fire Lowe and MacT and bring in someone who knows what they're doing. The team needs a couple bold moves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad