hopefully Aulie gets scratched soon

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Powerplay came through for the Oilers

1st line was good again
2nd line was just okay

hopefully Aulie gets scratched soon

I thought Aulie was okay actually. Not great, but decent.

I would still love to see what the team can do with Nikitin and Hall back, both to push out Aulie and to push down Purcell. I wouldn't mind seeing Purcell play on his proper wing again, and playing with Lander so Lander finally has a skill option to work with instead of two grinders

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Well they fought back again. Nail scored. Ebs scored. PP is on fire right now for the first time in like 2 years.

It's something.

Go find some D Mac T.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Wasn't that line pretty good pre-Eakins?

Really only Nuge's rookie year when the whole line was being sheltered a bit IMO, since that line has had to face top competition hasn't looked the same, also think will make it much harder for teams to match up against us, do you put your top pairig out against Nuge/Ebs/Pouliot or Hall/Roy/Yak? One of those line will be facing 2 competition every night and both should be capable of putting up goo offensive numbers.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I sure hope that's where they play Hall, however I could easily see them playing him with RNH and Eberle again :help:

Pouliot does well with RNH and Eberle, + RNH and Eberle can drive one line. Hall can drive the 2nd line with Roy and Yak. Make it harder for other teams to shut down two offensive lines rather than one, being the kid line.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Got to like what they're doing with that power play. I thought that was the best aspect.

Who would have thought move your best passer from the center of the ice were he is doing nothing to the half wall and they start producing... Wierd.

Think Lander has been a big addition to the 1st PP as well, good having 2 centers for draws and he is solid in front of the net.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Nah we got Nikitin, we good.

Still, liking the fight this team has shown under Nelson. We haven't that sort thing since....what Renney? Krueger?

They'd fold like a cheap tent under Krueger too. Not for a long time.

Jmask83

Oct 3, 2009
8 goals scored in 2 nights. That should be enough to get you at least 2 points we end up with 1. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out why. What a waste of talent.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Even so, this way we have 2 very good lines.

This is very true, and the best teams do spread it out the talent. I like Pouliot there too.

I suppose it doesn't matter though. Hall may start on the depth chart in a certain spot but that goes out the window as soon as the puck drops.

For me the main thing is that our top six will be complete. For next season I have little desire to see any change whatsoever to a top six of Ebs-RNH-Yakupov-Hall-Pouliot-Roy in whatever combo works.

We can work that out in the final games of the season.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Even so, this way we have 2 very good lines.

Exactly, one line will get the easier match-ups and should thrive more often than not.

Pouliot does well with RNH and Eberle, + RNH and Eberle can drive one line. Hall can drive the 2nd line with Roy and Yak. Make it harder for other teams to shut down two offensive lines rather than one, being the kid line.

Exactly. I also think that Hall isn't a good fit for RNH and to a lesser extent Eberle.

Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
Hall-Roy-Yakupov
Draisaitl-Lander-Purcell

Unless of course we have one last horse shoe to use up from Tambo's time here and we draft top 2!

This is very true, and the best teams do spread it out the talent. I like Pouliot there too.

I suppose it doesn't matter though. Hall may start on the depth chart in a certain spot but that goes out the window as soon as the puck drops.

For me the main thing is that our top six will be complete. For next season I have little desire to see any change whatsoever to a top six of Ebs-RNH-Yakupov-Hall-Pouliot-Roy in whatever combo works.

We can work that out in the final games of the season.

I'd hate to see the Hall-RNH-Eberle line reunited and see them struggle, ease Hall back in on the Roy line and see how it goes.

Jmask83

Oct 3, 2009
By the way anyone notice Fayne out there? I hardly ever notice this guy. Maybe that's good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad