Colton Orr

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Don't want him he's useless. MAYBE as the 13th forward.

I want Komarov up on the 4th line, he is a pest that can play, people keep forgetting about him but apparently alot of people hated facing him in the KHL because he always got in their faces.(Jarkko Ruutu with better hands i hear)

Brown-Steckel-Komarov
Orr

I want an enforcer that's like Brown only bigger who has OK hockey sense so that they can actually play a few minutes, I don't want a boxer who can hardly skate or even touch the puck.

Looney Toonies

May 30, 2012
Canada
I may have been dreaming but I thought that Carlyle and Burke both said that they will give Orr another chance in the NHL, There is no way possible that he could be any worse of an "Enforcer" than Rosehill was. Its pretty bad when guys like Chris Neil are trying to fight our rookies (Ashton) and Grabovski ends up fighting (and getting kicked out of the game). Orr injects life into the lineup and he's a really good clubhouse guy. Hopefully Carlyle gets him back into the line-up so our team doesn't take any cheap shots this year.
Orr for 13!
Edit: I see everyones talking about how he can't skate....Hopefully Barb can help him.

Bruise Bros 2426

Jul 17, 2011
It doesn't look like Rosehill will be back bext year. Doesn't Carlyle like a heavyweight in the lineup?

Friend of mine told me Carlyle and Burke said Orr will see time with the Leafs, which prompted me to ask here.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Did we play Brown and Orr on the same line at some point? Sounds tough on paper, can't remember it being good

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario
While his breed is dying off, we need him in our division. We'll get pushed around like the Habs if we dont have him or someone similar on our roster.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
if there was no fighting period in hockey most of those guys you listed would still be capable at playing at an NHL level Orr can't. all he's got is fighting.

Gonna have to disagree. A laaaaarge portion of that list wouldn't be NHL forwards without fighting.

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
Why is Brown always penciled in? He's probably more useless than Orr.

I like having a heavyweight. It's fun to watch when he's on the ice and he makes people keep their heads up.

Brown is a middleweight, he's fast as hell but he's a useless hockey player.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Brown - Steckel - Orr

When Orr got sent down, our team got pushed around and teams were picking on our best players knowing we had a soft team. The only guys standing up for our players were Phaneuf, Brown and Komisarek... and none of them come close to Orr in terms of fighting/toughness.

Sure he's not the best NHL player, but it's not like we are putting 4 enforcers out there. One on the 4th line is fine.

This. Although I think Orr needs to work on skating and other areas of his game. Having Orr and Brown is kind of redundant. If Orr is in the line up, I would prefer that we replace brown with a player like Crombeen who can actually play some decent hockey.

Orr-steckel-Crombeen -> Bruins get ready to pay for gooning

MyLeafsForever

Jul 8, 2010
Thunder Bay, Canada
Brown - Steckel - Orr

When Orr got sent down, our team got pushed around and teams were picking on our best players knowing we had a soft team. The only guys standing up for our players were Phaneuf, Brown and Komisarek... and none of them come close to Orr in terms of fighting/toughness.

Sure he's not the best NHL player, but it's not like we are putting 4 enforcers out there. One on the 4th line is fine.

Best idea for a forth line. and snipe is exactly right. whether you like his play or not, the fact remains that the leafs get pounded each and every night with no response. brown cannot do it by himself.

orr should play, or this long season we are about to embark upon is going to be that much longer without toughness.

orr was sent to the ahl because wilson didnt agree with burke on the toughness aspect. now with wilson gone, orr should have another chance. carlyle likes this type of player in the line up, and the leafs do not have another heavy weight to challenge orr. i expect he will at least get a good look at camp.

put a prospect in orr's spot and all you're going to see is a prospect beaten down all season long. it was friggin pathetic to see neil and the sens run roughshod over the leafs. and we had nothing to respond with.

hockeyfanz*

Orr is freaking useless and always has been . His 4 mins a night will never be missed . If Burke wants an enforcer he has to find a Thornton type who can at least play bottom line minutes .

Colton Orr is a terrible hockey player. Sure he's likable and doesn't back down from a scrap but we were a 25th place hockey team last year. Getting as many good hockey players in the lineup as possible should be the priority.

Orr is just another Brian Burke fail. I don't even understand how people can want this guy in the lineup. Its painful watching him skate. The movie "Goon" pretty much defines the skillset of Mr.Orr. I understand that what he does for a living is not easy and he does it well but one has to question if this one-dimensional type of pugilist has any place in todays game. Can a team like the Leafs afford to fill a roster spot with Colton Orr? I think not.

Get somebody who can play AND doesn't back down. If that fails then get someone who can at least play. Orr doesn't fit the bill, IMO.

hockeyfanz*

Why is Brown always penciled in? He's probably more useless than Orr.

I like having a heavyweight. It's fun to watch when he's on the ice and he makes people keep their heads up.

Brown is a middleweight, he's fast as hell but he's a useless hockey player.

Leaf fans apparantley have a love-in with useless hockey players. I get that fans like the work ethic and the tenacity of a Mike Brown...but yeah he is pretty useless. Its not enough to just have work ethic and tenacity...somewhere in the makeup of the player, there has to be skill....I don't see any with either Brown or Orr. I don't believe having both players in the lineup at the same time is advantageous to the Leafs. Makes the 4th line unusable in too many situations.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
All I can say is that I can't wait for Ashton/Ross/Biggs to be pushing their way onto this team. 1 may bust, but odds are we should get 2 decent NHLers out of that group, maybe all three.

Guys like Orr I can't stand, a goon on skates. We need guys with size/toughness that can actually contribute in other ways. They need to either be able to play the special teams, help our PK, be solid checkers against other teams top lines, or they need to be top 6 material with size like Clowe, Brown, etc, or some combination of these things.

A guy who only plays 5 minutes a game IS NOT intimidating. Having multiple physical forwards out there for 14-18 minutes a game IS, because they are constantly hitting, constantly stirring stuff up, constantly out there protecting their linemates, etc.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
I think he'll start the season as the 13th forward. He'll be dressed only when there's a "heavyweight" in the opposing line-up. I'm a personal fan but I do agree it's tougher for him compared to most fighters because of he is unable to play at this level. However, he is a top 3 fighter in the league , he can go up against anyone which causes huge momentum swings which can change a game.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Oh please. Orr is long past his 'Best by Date'!

One thing is for sure, I won't be the one to tell it to him face to face, as I like my nose and teeth where they are, thank you very much! LOL

Hawaiinleaf

Jan 4, 2011
Honolulu
Hey Hockeyfanz...

I suppose you feel fine watching Schenn get tuned in his first 2 years by other teams tougher players who were doing what they wanted with our "stellar" small talents

How about watching our team hide during the severe beatdown by Boston and Philly this year??

Chris Neal laying a beating on our skilled centre Gabo last year make you happy??? the Ottawa bench was all standing laughing, or did you not know that??? It was a joke about the Leafs last year

Any suggestions perhaps to change the style of play you appear to enjoy

BenchedGuy

Nov 26, 2009
Kitchener
If Mgmt is seriously considering Orr for a roster spot, we are in trouble again. If he had developed any offense when with the Marlies and could contribute then I could see it. The day of the purely only enforcer is going out of the NHL.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I think the trouble for Colton Orr is that he's going to find too many younger players try and challenge for a spot and it doesn't bode well for the guy because he's going to have to step up to the plate each time.

A guy like the Brolldozer is a legit option on the Leafs 4th line next season. He finishes hits and separates players from the puck and if the 4th line is only going to see under 10 minutes of ice time a game then why not??

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
Komarov will probably play before he does.

I think the best option's we have right now is to sign Winnik bring up Orr and have a bottom 6 of

Kulemin - McClement - Winnik
Brown - Steckle - Orr

Blayzer

Jul 3, 2011
Depending on the moves Burke makes, I think Orr could be the 13th/14th forward. Dress him as needed.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Sounds like Burke will give Orr every chance to regain his job. Admiration, trying to get his game back, sounds like he is not giving up on Colton. He wants Colton to get back up to speed after not being used last season.

Personally, I think Brown is expendable, he doesn't do much in intimidation, scoring, PK skills where is an overly valuable asset.

number72

Oct 9, 2011
Sounds like Burke will give Orr every chance to regain his job. Admiration, trying to get his game back, sounds like he is not giving up on Colton. He wants Colton to get back up to speed after not being used last season.

Personally, I think Brown is expendable, he doesn't do much in intimidation, scoring, PK skills where is an overly valuable asset.

I'm not sure the threat of Orr would stop Gionta from wandering aimlessly into the leafs crease.

Mansfield

possession obsession
Apr 4, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Brown isn't useless lol. He's a borderline nhler, but he can skate, hit, and fight, and that's all you need from a fourth liner. He doesn't need to score.

Orr....can't skate. Unless he improves greatly, he can't survive in today's NHL imo.

Crash Test Domi*

I already said all this stuff in the other Colton Orr/Toughness thread, and it still applies, so here goes.

Some of you guys are nuts. Orr a waste of a roster a spot? Wtf is everyone smoking?

The guy enforces like there was no tomorrow, he's one of the most destructive fighters in the NHL.

Last year he was sent down when he was semi-hurt. Recalling him would make him available to re-entry waivers. Rosehill can't enforce, Brown can't enforce.

We need an enforcer, yes the days of the heavyweights are almost over, but if you at least have a guy like that on the bench, it will make other teams think twice.

Burke should not have hired Wilson, he knew going in that Wilson likes euro style hockey, he was handcuffed. Hopefully now with Carlyle, Orr will have his roster spot back.

For anyone that says you don't need toughness to win, just look at Boston, LA, and to an extent this year, the Rangers and Devils.

Boston - Lucic, Thornton, McQuaid
NJ - Boulton, Janssen
LA - Westgarth, Clifford
NYR - Rupp, Prust, Bickel, Scott

Detroit hasn't had anything tough or even close to tough for a few years, and now they have Tootoo.

Even Montreal, the smurfs of the NHL realize you need some balls on your team, hence the re-signing Moen, White and signing Prust.

Rangers lose Prust and Scott, and promptly sign Asham and Haley.

Actually you can look at every team that made the playoffs, at least in the east, and every single one had AT LEAST 1 enforcer.

Heavyweights are becoming extinct, but there is still a huge need for enforcers, let's not fool ourselves.

Crash Test Domi*

and Part 2

Rosehill can't enforce, he can fight yes, but can't enforce. That's the difference between Orr and Rosie.

Rosehill is a good fighter for sure, but he won't make the other team think twice. He wont give the other Leafs a little bit bigger balls. Rosehill doesn't really retaliate. He was invisible against Boston except for one game. No cheapshots happen when a guy like Orr is on the ice, or even on the bench. I love Rosie and Orr, wish they would both dress against teams like Philly and Boston and and formerly Ottawa and now hopefully Buffalo with Scott there.

Enforcers are there to fight, that's it. Well that's what it was anyways. Brown can't really enforce, he doesn't make other teams think, "oh boy better not run the goalie, I'll have to deal with Brown".

Orr is the guy, plain and simple, and the fact that he hits, goes after goalies and star players, it's just awesome. Perfect enforcer.

With Colton Orr's ice time, and even just by being on the bench, he brings more than any 4th line winger we have.

Orr brings more in his minutes than anyone else who plays his minutes, Brown included. Brown is like a mini Orr, love him.

This is just a hockey fact. Deal with it. Please educate yourself, or maybe you like the new NHL as well as soccer or something? Too many of you new NHL fans, anti-fighting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFzG_TQAN9k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6NkRmxo3Hs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_kzlSK5wFk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExxN2MJM4Mo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXGKq7aPqmw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5qzqIQDuL0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd-OLwXxt4Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzecGFw2M_o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MDYqUTacAY

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad