Sportsnet: Colton Orr officially retires

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
Did his job well and protected his teammates. A job not everyone could do.
The league changed, wish him a great retirement. Thought he was a great Leaf and could tell he was proud to wear the jersey.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I knew it. It's still Spring of 2015. This entire year has been a fever dream. No Lou. No Shanaplan. No Babcock. No great Marlies team.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Wish you the best for the future Colton.

You played your role on the Leafs well. You can always be proud of being part of the first post salary cap Leafs playoff team!

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Good Guy and played his role as an enforcer well, he never failed to answer the bell when he was called on, to protect his team mates and I wish him well in his retirement.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Orr was in a weight class all on his own during his first few years with the leafs. Lots of people ragged on him because he was a bum but I loved watching him fight. Best of luck and hopefully his bell wasn't rung to hard.

Mad Brills*

Best of luck.

I still think the parros fights (both of them sadly), but the last one especially hurt him.

Darkside Blue

There/They're/Their
Feb 17, 2014
Did his job well and protected his teammates. A job not everyone could do.
The league changed, wish him a great retirement. Thought he was a great Leaf and could tell he was proud to wear the jersey.

Well said, I couldn't agree more. Hope his health is good, and he'll always be remembered fondly for wearing the jersey with pride.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
End of an era.say good-bye to real hockey.
I just figured out who's name and number go on my new jersey.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
I saw back near Christmas, that he wasn't playing with anyone this season (NHL or AHL) and the report said he had already retired.., but I guess this is now "official"...

All the best with your future, Colton..! Make the best of it.. and don't look back with any regrets... It's just a change in hockey.. and not you...

Here's some memories to share... :)

Toronto Maple Leafs Enforcers: The Fight Train - 2013 Tribute

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Always seemed like a nice guy, thought he had retired last year.

Smart decision - hopefully he doesn't have any long term health repercussions due to his style of play.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I saw back near Christmas, that he wasn't playing with anyone this season (NHL or AHL) and the report said he had already retired.., but I guess this is now "official"...

All the best with your future, Colton..! Make the best of it.. and don't look back with any regrets... It's just a change in hockey.. and not you...

Here's some memories to share... :)

Toronto Maple Leafs Enforcers: The Fight Train - 2013 Tribute

Good Video Seer Orr and McClaren "The Bruise Bothers"

mclaren55

Apr 12, 2010
Toughest job to do in the N, knowing you have to bare knuckle box a guy possibly every night. The reason my jersey has Orr on it, 28. All the best Colton, you were one of the toughest SOB's in the game for a long long time. Hats off to you. :handclap:

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Watching Orr, McLaren and Fraser during their heyday year was really entertaining. Orr was a hell of a fighter. Wish him nothing but the best in retirement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad