GDT: Colorado vs Tampa Sunday 19th February 6 PM MST/8 PM EST || Where's Joe Colborne?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Someone needs to tell Bednar that we have secured the last place already, we don't need to make an effort to lose.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I just don't know. I don't know why Blake Comeau is consistently out there.

******* MacKinnon learn how to accept a pass

Mack has hands like feet. They're very quick, but not very soft. His blade often seems way too hot. I know his sponsee is CCM but I think he needs to start using another stick. I know I know they're pros and equipment brands shouldn't matter but the blades on most CCM twigs really are that much hotter than others. Might give him a slightly better shot but it sucks for handles. Someone give the kid a Bauer twig with a CCM paint over.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Someone needs to tell Bednar that we have secured the last place already, we don't need to make an effort to lose.

Once Rants and Dutch came off Landeskog and Mack should have come back on. I didnt see the lightning rolling lines in OT. Bednar is a dumb ****. Seriously Tyutin AND Como 3 on 3 in OT? Really?

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
Just watched highlights. At least they were worth watching.

I can't remember ever seeing Duchene winding up for a slap shot like that on the tying goal

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Mack has hands like feet. They're very quick, but not very soft. His blade often seems way too hot. I know his sponsee is CCM but I think he needs to start using another stick. I know I know they're pros and equipment brands shouldn't matter but the blades on most CCM twigs really are that much hotter than others. Might give him a slightly better shot but it sucks for handles. Someone give the kid a Bauer twig with a CCM paint over.

hahaha as I was reading this and when you brought up CCM I immediately said to myself he should be using Bauer or Warrior lol. I made the switch and never looked back. I have the same CCM Trigger that Mack and Duchene use but havent used it since I went to the new Bauer the one that Z uses.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Duchene had another good game. Felt like he killed it in the faceoff circle as well.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Once Rants and Dutch came off Landeskog and Mack should have come back on. I didnt see the lightning rolling lines in OT. Bednar is a dumb ****. Seriously Tyutin AND Como 3 on 3 in OT? Really?

Yeah, there is no reason to be rolling through the lines in OT. You go with those 4 forwards for the overtime.

If you really need to throw players out there because those 4 are gassed, you throw out Mitchell and Grigorenko because 3 on 3 is actually something they won't suck at, unlike Comeau.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Even with the loss, that will be a huge game for the team's confidence. If I'm not mistaken, that's the first time all season they've managed to score with the goalie pulled to tie. That will do a lot for the "I quit" defeatist mentality that keeps showing up after a bad goal goes in. Too much of the problem is the mental fragility of this squad. Now that they have proof positive that this group can come from behind to tie (if not win), hopefully they can find it in themselves to push a little harder when they're behind rather than just deflating.

I know some people are happy with just quitting on the season and losing out, but the better this team does down the stretch, the more they'll have to draw on next year when the games matter again.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Even with the loss, that will be a huge game for the team's confidence. If I'm not mistaken, that's the first time all season they've managed to score with the goalie pulled to tie. That will do a lot for the "I quit" defeatist mentality that keeps showing up after a bad goal goes in. Too much of the problem is the mental fragility of this squad. Now that they have proof positive that this group can come from behind to tie (if not win), hopefully they can find it in themselves to push a little harder when they're behind rather than just deflating.

I know some people are happy with just quitting on the season and losing out, but the better this team does down the stretch, the more they'll have to draw on next year when the games matter again.

If we try our absolute best, I see us winning maybe 4-5 more games from the 25 odd. 45 odd point pace.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

We are so far out at this point that winning games now wouldnt be the worse thing in the world. I dont think we are catching the coyotes.

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster
Duchene is so much better than MacKinnon.
They need to put Mack on the wing. With good playmakers round him and I could see him beating. If they don't make any changes and get Patrick. Put him on Patrick's wing. We might see a huge difference

Landy Patrick Mack
Greer duchene mikko.

Something like that

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Duchene is so much better than MacKinnon.

Mental stuff has a huge impact on athletes. Duchene is seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, playing well probably ups his chance of getting traded to a contender. Mack is looking at all those years of misery in front of him, probably hard to stay motivated this year.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
They need to put Mack on the wing. With good playmakers round him and I could see him beating. If they don't make any changes and get Patrick. Put him on Patrick's wing. We might see a huge difference

Landy Patrick Mack
Greer duchene mikko.

Something like that

Hopefully Jost instead of Greer, or even better, a big UFA splash.

I'd also leave Mack at center, and put Patrick on the wing (who already plays right wing at times)

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Mental stuff has a huge impact on athletes. Duchene is seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, playing well probably ups his chance of getting traded to a contender. Mack is looking at all those years of misery in front of him, probably hard to stay motivated this year.

I remember that Dutch was seeing a sports psychologist and I believe he does reading into the mental game.

From this day forward every player that currently plays, is currently a prospect, or about to be drafted or acquired by the Abs should be given mental trauma treatment immediately.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I'd say points per game as a top 2 producer on the team should dictate who that best player is. Duchene has Mackinnon covered then. Mackinnon at times looks like he just doesn't care.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm very confused by some of these Duchene > MacK comments. Seems very convenient. I mean, that was Duchene's first goal in 13 games, after all.

Haha, there are a few people who have been harping on MacK for a while now. People are seeing what I seen 10 games into this season, but I was just being mean.

MacKinnon is going to be infuriating until we make the playoffs consistently, because that's the only place he himself is consistent. If he wasn't a game changer in those situations, I'd say he has no business being our future as the #1C.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I'd say points per game as a top 2 producer on the team should dictate who that best player is. Duchene has Mackinnon covered then. Mackinnon at times looks like he just doesn't care.

The team has to go on an unreal run just to get to 29th (if Arizona keeps up their pace).

I don't blame MacKinnon. Duchene is auditioning for other teams right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad