Post-Game Talk: Colorado vs SENS Wed. 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Excited to go to this one. Duchene should have the new papa feels going on! I have never been more encouraged after a loss than I was against SJ. Three good games, and these guys are slowly getting it. Shots are down, and scoring chances are still strong. Brady will have to bury some of these, and he will.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
What is this schedule.

Thanks a lot CEO and President Melnyk.

[MOD]

Honestly though, this season has had the worst scheduling in team history. They crammed all the games in small clusters separated by overlong breaks. It sucks.

The NHL sets the Schedule, not the CEO and President.

All 31 teams submit a list of building availability dates, plus their preferred dates (days of the week) for games. Then the NHL feeds all this into their commodore 64, and there you have it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

All 31 teams submit a list of building availability dates, plus their preferred dates (days of the week) for games. Then the NHL feeds all this into their commodore 64, and there you have it.

Maybe send that link to your boss.

As recently as two weeks ago, Melnyk went on a Toronto radio station and blamed an unnamed staff member for the Senators schedule. (Leeder usually dealt with the NHL on scheduling matters).

“The early part of the season, we had a bizarre schedule that somebody dropped the ball on – not at the NHL, at our place, that didn’t notice we had a lot of games in November,” Melnyk said. “People get fatigued and there’s only so many games you can go to.”

The year that changed everything for the Ottawa Senators

Reactions: FolignoQuantumLeap

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Maybe send that link to your boss.

I've not had a boss for well over 12 years.

All that article shows is how little EM knew, at the time, how the NHL schedule is made.

For anyone who thinks that the Senators set their own schedule, is as uneducated as EM was at that time.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
I've not had a boss for well over 12 years.

All that article shows is how little EM knew, at the time, how the NHL schedule is made.

For anyone who thinks that the Senators set their own schedule, is as uneducated as EM was at that time.

The Sens can request certain things like more afternoon games, but you are right they don’t set the schedule.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Bruce setting the table for first Dzingel and now Duchene's departure... The no regret head line is a complete fn farce of a shill comment. Man we have Dorion that lathers everything with BS and his own personal blob of a reporter to coat it up even more.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

He should not have been taken out vs the Ducks imo.. Anyway will Boucher go with his fave 11-7 or will he take Boro or Lajoie out to play Wolanin. Soon to possibly have 9 healthy D something has got to give. I hope Wolanin continues to make his case. I prefer to see the mobility and puck moving capability in the lineup. Puck retrieval ; and moving the puck up on the stick of one of our forwards and being able to jump in effectively into the offense has been very welcome. We now have our Puck movers all on the left side now. Falk will likely get waived; Could they contemplate trading Boro? I'd have no issue with them moving Ceci and running with Demelo, Jaros and Harpur on the right side for this year.

I see Boro and/or Ceci possibly being moved by the TDL.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I think the TV Networks have a major say in the scheduling.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I see Boro and/or Ceci possibly being moved by the TDL.

Dorion better get busy making some moves... He has quite a few to entertain..between now and then.. The big boys will take some time to get negotiated..

So maybe out the door
Duchene
Stone
Dzingel
Smith
Boro
Ceci

Hard to imagine Dorion not running out of time on some of these

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Dorion better get busy making some moves... He has quite a few to entertain..between now and then.. The big boys will take some time to get negotiated..

So maybe out the door
Duchene
Stone
Dzingel
Smith
Boro
Ceci

I could add a few more to that list (Paajarvi, Pageau, Tierney).

Its easy to make trades. You just have to agree to getting hosed on each one! :)

Plus if your objective is to lower costs, you can trade away your best players who are UFAs for picks and prospects (aka magic beans), and a few over-the-hill vets to acquire leadership qualities in the dressing room and fill the holes you created by trading away your better players.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I could add a few more to that list (Paajarvi, Pageau, Tierney).

Its easy to make trades. You just have to agree to getting hosed on each one! :)

Plus if your objective is to lower costs, you can trade away your best players who are UFAs for picks and prospects (aka magic beans), and a few over-the-hill vets to acquire leadership qualities in the dressing room and fill the holes you created by trading away your better players.
I can't think of a better man than Dorion to dismantle anything good about this team

Reactions: DrEasy and Cosmix

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa

So maybe out the door
Duchene
Stone
Dzingel
Smith
Boro
Ceci

Boro? You don’t trade the heart of the franchise.

Reactions: Clayonator

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

So maybe out the door
Duchene
Stone
Dzingel
Smith
Boro
Ceci

Probably can add Anderson to that list

Reactions: Cosmix

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Definitely was a protégée of BM. Same revolving door, different year! :thumbd:
Terrible comparison.

Anyway, Colorado seems to have their groove back. Always fun to watch the Avalanche such incredible players with such a bright future.

Hopefully Stone has a good game so they decide to trade for him. They have lots of great pieces and an abundance of RD the sens biggest weakness.

Anyone have a lineup prediction? Something like this hopefully.

Tkachuk Tierney Stone
Dzingel Duchene Ryan
Boedker Pageau Balcers
Paul Smith Pjaarvi

Chabot Demelo
Wolanin Jaros
Lajoie Ceci

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
Wondering if Ceci can increase his value before the deadline, and we pawn him off on someone. Never the less, excited for this game.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Terrible comparison.

Anyway, Colorado seems to have their groove back. Always fun to watch the Avalanche such incredible players with such a bright future.

Hopefully Stone has a good game so they decide to trade for him. They have lots of great pieces and an abundance of RD the sens biggest weakness.

Anyone have a lineup prediction? Something like this hopefully.

Tkachuk Tierney Stone
Dzingel Duchene Ryan
Boedker Pageau Balcers
Paul Smith Pjaarvi

Chabot Demelo
Wolanin Jaros
Lajoie Ceci

We've been playing well lately, pretty much out-shooting everyone by 20 shots per game, but the goalies can't save a damn thing. Three goals against seems to be the norm, it's just a question how many on top of that will end up in the net.

Happy Chabot is back for you guys even though it would've been nice if he waited for a little bit more so that we don't have to face him. Gem of a player. Good luck and I hope we see an entertaining game.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
With Chrsistmas, then a vacation, then the west coast swing (late games) this will be the first game I've seen in about a month.

Looking forward to it, hopefully the Sens play well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad