Post-Game Talk: Colorado vs Buffalo: Re-Entering Earth's Atmosphere

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Buffalo are in ok shape. They have a lot of talent on the way. They could probably need a franchise player type prospect, but they have excellent depth for the future.

Which is why I like them bringing Sacco in, he's a tanking master, and that team needs one or two great tanks to fill out their young talent pool.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
It looks like Roy wants to leave the lines alone for awhile to try to build chemistry, which I don't mind, I just hope Holden and Barrie get to play here pretty soon. If not, then I'd rather see them go down to LEM to get some playing time.

That said...I see an extremely strong game happening tonight, 5-1 Avs.

Goals: Duchene 2, RoR, MacK, PAP

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
Last game AVS played in Buffalo was 2 seasons ago in that crazy come-from-behind game. Landeskog rushed the puck up the ice and McGinn scored with something like 0.6 seconds left. I think final score was 6-5 in a shootout. Crazy game.

As for tonight, I'm very intrigued to see what the response will be tonight. Personally, I think they pickup right where they left off and get back into the win column. This ain't Sucko's Avalanche team...

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Why would we need to change lines? Tanguay-Stastny-Landy worked great last time, same with ROR-Duchene-Downie and McGinn-MacKinnon-Parenteau had their moments as well. I don't see any reason to change lines. Only Downie has been bit down couple last games, but I would give him chance to bounce back.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Getting Jiggy with it.

My bold prediction, We trade for Erhoff mid game. We then get permission from NHL to dress him for 3rd period. He scores 3 goals to tie the game (after scoring 2 for Buffalo in the 1st) and goes on to score the game winner in OT. 6 goal game, for two teams. Named 3rd star. Porter named 1st and Sacco 2nd.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Zadorov confirmed in line-up for Buffalo (first action of the year).. Ristolainen sent to Rochester.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
If you don't mind me asking, why was Risto sent to Rochester?

Waiver exempt .... this allows Buffalo to get a look at Zadorov before he's sent back to juniors. He should be back up... he's shown he can hang in NHL

AvsFanJosh

Aug 27, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
Excited for the game! I really hope we respond properly to our first loss. But like everyone else has explained, it would be great to destroy Sacco.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Mid game Sacco will look over to Roy and think to himself...

"Pff this idiot sent his #1 d-man to the minors... and they fired me?"

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Going to miss most or all of this game, but this is an important one. Against a team they should beat, these are games they've lost in the past. They need a good effort and a win.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
If Avs win the next two games I will be convinced this year is for real.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Mid game Sacco will look over to Roy and think to himself...

"Pff this idiot sent his #1 d-man to the minors... and they fired me?"

I'm pretty sure Sacco's scouting report will look like this...

"Ok guys, so here's all you need to know about the Avs. Hunwick is their top defender, be careful for his pinches from the point and don't test him in the crease he'll beat you. Zanon will be blocking all of their shots and be out there 20 minutes a game, just bear down and shoot through him. Make sure you shut down Mitchell, he's their best forward at ES, PP and PK."

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
I'm pretty sure Sacco's scouting report will look like this...

"Ok guys, so here's all you need to know about the Avs. Hunwick is their top defender, be careful for his pinches from the point and don't test him in the crease he'll beat you. Zanon will be blocking all of their shots and be out there 20 minutes a game, just bear down and shoot through him. Make sure you shut down Mitchell, he's their best forward at ES, PP and PK."

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad