Friedman: Colorado shopping Zadorov

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I don't see how the Avs trade Zadorov for a first round draft pick (and a likely a late first round pick). Perhaps that is where his value is at, maybe it is lower, I really don't know.

But it is difficult to see the logic for Colorado to make that kind of deal, at least from an organizational standpoint.
lol if we do trade for him we would have a pure Russian RHD(once Hainsey is gone) Zads/Zaits/Ozi lol

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
uggg he is an RFA, i thought he was under contract for 2 more yrs. Well that changes things.
Sorry Zads interview over, calling Radko Gudas into the room.

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Career high TOI on a non-playoff team is inflated. You think Hayes plays 19+ minutes on the Avs?

PA Paranteau syndrome. 20 goals on a bad team. No contenders lining up at the trade deadline for him because he wouldnt get near the ice team, and therefore never get close to that level of performance.

Hayes reminds me of Antropov. Big but doesnt play like it. #1 centre on a non playoff team. On a contender he would likely be a third line guy who could be used on the second line in a pinch.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I don't see how the Avs trade Zadorov for a first round draft pick (and a likely a late first round pick) as the principal piece. Perhaps that is where his value is at, maybe it is lower, I really don't know.

But it is difficult to see the logic for Colorado to make that kind of deal, at least from an organizational standpoint.
I don't see the logic in the Avs trading him at all....

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Understandable, not sure who has a 2c available...but Zadorov would be a nice piece to add.

I suspect it would be $$$.

Zadorov has tremendous upside.

Unfortunately, prone to making poor decisions which unfairly results in benching or game scratches. He is big and still young, $$$ might be the issue if he’s moved.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I suspect it would be $$$.

Zadorov has tremendous upside.

Unfortunately, prone to making poor decisions which unfairly results in benching or game scratches. He is big and still young, $$$ might be the issue if he’s moved.
Ah, without looking, are the Avs tight against the cap?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
So is Ron Hainsey. Zadorov is young, big and physical....someone can shift to the right side.
Maybe but using that logic, I would think one of Gardiner or Dermott would have done that already if that was the route coaching was going to take given how grotesque the Leafs right side is.
Does Zadorov have a history of playing on the right side? If so then maybe it would make sense

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Maybe but using that logic, I would think one of Gardiner or Dermott would have done that already if that was the route coaching was going to take given how grotesque the Leafs right side is.
Does Zadorov have a history of playing on the right side? If so then maybe it would make sense
Gardiner has been played with Rielly....

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
This i agree with. Tough to comment without hearing numbers.

AVs are barely above the minimum and the owner is married into the Walmart Billionaire Family. I believe he might be the NHL richest individual owner.

They carefully pay players their worth, they don’t overpay or extend special privileges ie Front Load. I suspect it would be money and it would be a shame he’s traded.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Avs management have zero issue with dishing out the money if you're worth it, but they've always taken a hard stance when it comes to young players and contracts.

See: Drury, ROR, Barrie, etc.

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
What are Colorado’s needs? Depth center?

How about Andrew Shaw (plays C, RW, is quite effective in the dot and adds grit to a team’s middle 6)?

Shaw + Lernout + 2nd in 2019

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad