Friedman: Colorado shopping Zadorov

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Montreal ?
what would the mountains team wants ?
You’re not going to get a realistic answer from fans. 95 % of Avs fans love Zadorov, and don’t see why the Avs would move him.

He is the hardest hitting defenceman in the NHL, has fought everyone who has asked him to fight, and looks like he could be a ~10 goal scorer from the backend.

Seriously hope Friedman is wrong on this.

He has played 26 minutes 2 of the last 3 games with Johnson injured.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
You’re not going to get a realistic answer from fans. 95 % of Avs fans love Zadorov, and don’t see why the Avs would move him.

He is the hardest hitting defenceman in the NHL, has fought everyone who has asked him to fight, and looks like he could be a ~10 goal scorer from the backend.

Seriously hope Friedman is wrong on this.

He has played 26 minutes 2 of the last 3 games with Johnson injured.

Yeah, keep this in mind other teams’ fans :laugh: Most Avs fans adore Z, so you won’t get highly rational answers. He is a very unique player on a fairly soft Avs group.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
He’s too inconsistent, but he’s still young. Lays out guys and plays tough/sticks up for his teammates, but his foot speed isn’t too great. He doesn’t move the puck quick enough.

Reactions: CB Joe and Blueston

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Why would they trade him?

Hes been way too inconsistent on this team for a long time now. He'll put together 10 game stretches that make you think he's on the verge of becoming a true top pairing beast. And then he follows it up with 10 games where you wish he was still AHL eligible.

I dont think it's a situation where we're going to 100% trade him and just take the best offer we can get. But I do think it's a situation where we're gonna look at a deal that makes a lot of sense to get us some secondary scoring help from a team that's high on Zads upside.

I can see Toronto having a lot of interest in Zads honestly as I think he could be a strong fit in that Top 4.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Has he been that disappointing?
The opposite. He’s actually been very impressive. I think he’s quite easily been their second best defenseman since his return from injury after Barrie. Defensively Z is in a league of his own compared to other avalanche defenseman.

I assume his contract ask and what Colorado are wanting to pay is separated by a major gap. That’s the only reason I could understand them listening to offers on him. His presence makes a major positive impact on the ice every night.

member 157595

There's no reason for Colorado to move him in the first place, but if he were right-handed I'd be extremely interested.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Toronto could use a Dman to replace Gardiner next season. Maybe he would be a good fit here with sheltered minutes on the 2nd/third pairing?

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Oh f*** no. Trade Big Z and I'll throw a fit. He's so important to our blue line which is already really bad. Without Z, we're completely and utterly dead in the water with no light at the end of the tunnel.

Reactions: MacBradley

member 157595

Hes been way too inconsistent on this team for a long time now. He'll put together 10 game stretches that make you think he's on the verge of becoming a true top pairing beast. And then he follows it up with 10 games where you wish he was still AHL eligible.

I dont think it's a situation where we're going to 100% trade him and just take the best offer we can get. But I do think it's a situation where we're gonna look at a deal that makes a lot of sense to get us some secondary scoring help from a team that's high on Zads upside.

I can see Toronto having a lot of interest in Zads honestly as I think he could be a strong fit in that Top 4.

He shoots left. Otherwise you'd be correct.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Has he been that disappointing?
Not even close, his play was under a microscope from the coaching staff earlier in the season, was scratched for a couple of games, and got pissed off about it. Sure he had mistakes in his game, but Girard was making the same type of mistakes yet he was able to redeem himself while Zadorov got benched.

Now with that said, I am not going to call him a perfect player though. His game can use more speed, his decision making needs to be improve in speed, and I want to see him be more confident offencively. However, if he just develops into a shutdown guy (which the Avs have been using him as such), he brings a very rare type of game in the league. He is one of the best hitters in the league and that scare factor is very much real plus I suggest that he can crunch numbers and minutes. When he was paired with Johnson, they created quite a force and shut down the top line. I love Girard, but he has been Avs golden boy and gets all good minutes with Johnson now and not because Zadorov has regressed.

Last edited:

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
It'd be a mistake to trade him, big defenseman take longer to figure the game out. He has Chara potential in him. Hard to find 6'6 Defenseman that can skate.

Reactions: MacBradley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad