Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Here is my view on the pros and cons of tanking:

Pros:

- Sacco likely gets fired
- A Top 5 pick will bring in an NHL impact player. Jones especially solves all our problems.
- We wont have to move one of our C's then to solve a problem.
- Its only a 48 game season(only 24 now), a lot easier to handle losing then 82 games.
- makes our core even stronger(better then EDM with another Top 5 pick IMO).
- Our 2nd basically becomes a late 1st, we can get another solid prospect with that pick.

Cons:

- We miss playoffs again.
- Could "potentially" build a losing culture among our players(if you believe in that crap)

Honestly, as others have said even if we make playoffs right now, we would likely get smoked in the first round. Tanking gives us another big time core player to add to the team. Making us all that much more dominant down the road when this core hits its prime.

I am for the tank. A Top 5 pick would do wonders for us, doesn't matter who it is.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It'll be a three point game tonight, we will get two points but give MIN a point so that we don't gain any meaningful ground in the NW.

No tank, no playoffs

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
I wonder if that means Olver will be sent down?

No need. They have a 23 man roster. Barrie was sent down to make room for Hejduk coming off IR. If I was a betting man, I'd say this is the Avs line-up for tonight, based on earlier Dater tweets.

Landeskog - Stastny - Hejduk
McGinn - Duchene - Pareanteau
Mitchell - O'Reilly - Jones
McLeod - Kobasew - Bordeleau

Wilson - Johnson
Hunwick - Zanon
Hejda - O'Brien

Scratch: Olver, Palushaj, O'Byrne
IR: Downie

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I think after this game we can safely say we will be heading towards this:

WaterTank.jpg

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Palushaj has 6 points (2 goals and 4 assists) in 12 games this season.
Jones has 7 points (3 goals and 4 assists) in 23 games this season.

Palushaj is a plus 4, Jones a -10.

Palushaj has equilibrium problem (easy to fix in the offseason)
Jones has drinking problem and hes not an ambi-turner ....he cant turn left (not easy to fix)

Why is Jones still playing hockey on my team?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Palushaj has 6 points (2 goals and 4 assists) in 12 games this season.
Jones has 7 points (3 goals and 4 assists) in 23 games this season.

Palushaj is a plus 4, Jones a -10.

Palushaj has equilibrium problem (easy to fix in the offseason)
Jones has drinking problem and hes not an ambi-turner ....he cant turn left (not easy to fix)

Why is Jones still playing hockey on my team?

4,000,000 reasons :cry: :banghead:

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Just a reminder to all:

Accusing a player of having a drinking problem could be considered infraction-worthy to some people in power on these boards (slanderous...).

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Just a reminder to all:

Accusing a player of having a drinking problem could be considered infraction-worthy to some people in power on these boards (slanderous...).

LOL really? Even if it's an inside/fan joke, on our own board?

Curious... Does Jones qualify to be dubbed 'tin-man' yet? We need a adequate nickname if that's the case...

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
LOL really? Even if it's an inside/fan joke, on our own board?

Curious... Does Jones qualify to be dubbed 'tin-man' yet? We need a adequate nickname if that's the case...

WE know it's an inside joke, so I doubt any of our mods would infract over it. But visiting Super-Mods could see it otherwise, since they're not really in on the joke. And it is slanderous.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
15-7-1 (31P/23GP) is not even remotely realistic...

Is that what the Avs need to make the playoffs?

If so, may I just say..No Way In Hell that happens when they can't win more than two games in a row all season long.

Tank is the best option

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Pretty much but at least we don't have to see O'Byrne play tonight. Trade him for a bag of pucks or put him on waivers now. Just get him far away from the Avs.

It really sucks how far O'Byrne has fallen, before the season started I wanted him resigned...

There really aren't that many RH-D defensive defender options out there in UFA or otherwise...

Is that what the Avs need to make the playoffs?

If so, may I just say..No Way In Hell that happens when they can't win more than two games in a row all season long.

Tank is the best option

Yeah... The playoff line is around 55 points this year, and we currently have 24 points with 23 games left on the season.

AvsFanJosh

Aug 27, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
Pretty much but at least we don't have to see O'Byrne play tonight. Trade him for a bag of pucks or put him on waivers now. Just get him far away from the Avs.

I play tons of NHL 13, and O'Byrne is probably the worst defender in the game, hes so slow and gives break aways every rush

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Definition of DRUNKEN

: unsteady or lurching as if from alcoholic intoxication

If used in a descriptive manner, I don't see how it is slanderous. The man has balance issues when playing hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad