GDT: Colorado Rockies vs Minnesota North Stars - 6PM MST

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Okay, I'll stop with the stupid picture positing. But honest question for you guys. What do you want more? A tank or playoffs?

I am torn on this. In one hand the goal is to win the cup. You can only do that by making the playoffs. You miss, you fail. On the other hand, if we do make the playoffs we'd be ripped through like tissue paper. Our offense and goaltending could steal a game or two but to win a series? I highly ****ing doubt it.

I am leaning towards the tank at this point. It won't solve our problem however. Our biggest problem is and always will be the management. Till that changes the **** with the avs will just be 'rinse and repeat'.

Tank. What the hell are we going to do in the playoffs with Sacco?!?
#4GAMESWEEP

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Agreed 100%. This team needs to decide what it wants to do and then take the necessary steps to do it. If Sacco is not the guy going forward, then the damned change needs to happen NOW. If we're opting to tank once again, then get rid of extraneous pieces and buckle up.

I think that's what's been killing me this season. It has seemed more like indecision coming from this organization than anything else.

I don't think they've been indecisive in the slightest. When you look at all the facts, it's pretty telling:

RoR holdout
Joe Sacco still coaching this team
Hunwick's icetime
RoB's icetime
sending Barrie down to LEM

But what are they supposed to do? Start trading players NOW before the deadline? I don't think that's wise, you're not likely going to get the best return. Plus, the message it sends to their 'average fans' who don't really care about the in-depth stuff but just want to see wins. But in a couple of weeks, if we're looking at needing to go on a 10 game win-streak to have any chance, it will be pretty obvious what needs to be done.

Besides, missing the playoffs again gives them an excuse to fire Sacco and hire a real coach AND get a high draft pick that in itself, is SO MUCH MORE VALUABLE than a 1st round playoff exit sweep.

We will get Seth Jones, you'll see.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010

I don't think we can find a way to be worse than Florida/Buffalo/Washington. Calgary/Tampa/Columbus/Edm/Philly/NYI are all bad teams as well. It's really hard to say where anyone will end up this year.

Only way I see us getting Jones is by winning the lottery.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
Tank. What the hell are we going to do in the playoffs with Sacco?!?
#4GAMESWEEP

tumblr_mao9o1T73g1qijus8o1_400.jpg

But but but ... we'll have a loosing culture bender. I mean all those years the of a loosing culture in the past have destroyed Habs, Nucks, Kings, Flyers and Hawks. Those teams will never make the playoffs. / sarcasm

I agree with you Bendi. I just love when some people here get upset at the word 'TANK'. We suck. Not everything this team puts out on ice is a golden ****.

:nod:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I know people constantly balk at plus/minus, but it's telling to me that Jones and Zanon are tied for worst on the team at -10.

According to Behind the Net's Corsi calculator, Zanon and O'Byrne have the worst Corsi #s on the active roster. The only guy to have a worse rating is David Van der Gulik (which is obviously a small sample size).

Bottom line, there is no reason whatsoever that either of these jokers should be seeing ice time, let along a roster spot, ahead of Tyson Barrie. Neither of them can secure the puck, and in Zanon's case, can't even win a battle for the puck in the first place.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
I know people constantly balk at plus/minus, but it's telling to me that Jones and Zanon are tied for worst on the team at -10.

According to Behind the Net's Corsi calculator, Zanon and O'Byrne have the worst Corsi #s on the active roster. The only guy to have a worse rating is David Van der Gulik (which is obviously a small sample size).

Bottom line, there is no reason whatsoever that either of these jokers should be seeing ice time, let along a roster spot, ahead of Tyson Barrie. Neither of them can secure the puck, and in Zanon's case, can't even win a battle for the puck in the first place.

I thought Zanon would be good but dang I now wish we would have gotten the guy we fake tweeted on signing. Couldn't do any worse.

avalanchuck

Jun 29, 2006
Denver, CO
For the Monty Python fans out there...

Tank! Tank! Tank! Tank!
Lovely tank! Wonderful tank!
Tank ta-a-a-a-a-ank tank ta-a-a-a-a-ank tank.
Lovely tank! Lovely tank! Lovely tank! Lovely tank!
Tank tank tank tank!

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Avs win 3-2, Zanon hat trick. After the game, beard detaches from Zanon and signs as a FA to Pittsburgh and is paired with Letang.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Went AVs all in an attempt to rebuild my kids Vcash college fund (TY Oilers :rant: ).

Avs win this one 3-1.
Wilson gets a goal and a fight
McLeod fight
Dutch and PAP 2pts each.

Avs lose next one, but with the win tonight, Sacco is safe another week.
:pullhair:

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I don't think we can find a way to be worse than Florida/Buffalo/Washington. Calgary/Tampa/Columbus/Edm/Philly/NYI are all bad teams as well. It's really hard to say where anyone will end up this year.

Only way I see us getting Jones is by winning the lottery.

So be it.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
7-1 Wild, they just came off a rare home loss in regulation so of course they're going to slaughter us, Parise with 3 goals, Koivu with 2 goals, Gilbert with 1 goal and Suter with 1 goal while Cody McLeod has the lone goal for Colorado, seems to always show up vs Minny lol

Oh and btw Jones and Zanon both manage to finish a whopping -6 for the night as Minny records only 1 PPG, which Jones and Zanon will also be on the ice for. At the end of the night, however, Zanon will have led the defence in ice time and Jones 3rd for forwards

Post game talk will see Sacco proclaim how the Avs played solid and just didn't get the bounces, and this team will find a way to bounce back. Thought Jones played a great game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad