Proposal: Colorado - Philadelphia

inxs

Jun 13, 2011
Colorado have only one line who produce well. Add a better wing to help Landeskog.

What do you think about :

Colin Wilson (last year contract) 4m
Tyson Jost
(add 2nd round if Simmonds sign with colorado) or 1st (colorado) if Avalanche make playoff.

vs

Wayne Simmonds (last year contract)

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Colorado have only one line who produce well. Add a better wing to help Landeskog.

Tyson Jost
(add 2nd round if Simmonds sign with colorado) or 1st (colorado) if Avalanche make playoff.

vs

Too much from Colorado for a pending UFA rental (Colorado would be unlikely to sign Simmonds IMO).

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I can't see Sakic chasing a rental. If he's watching the games he should know Avs aren't there yet.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Colorado not having depth scoring is a myth. They have 6 forwards who are producing at .5 points per game or higher (min. 20 games played) this season. That's more than, or equal to most teams in the league. Only 5 or 6 teams have more than 6 forwards scoring at or above .5 points per game.

BackhandToedrag

Oct 25, 2016

Tyson Jost

vs

In what way would this help landeskog? He plays on a line that one line with Rantanen and Mack

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
COL probably says no.

Btw... your conditional pick doesn’t make sense.

1st + 2nd if he resigns AND they make the playoffs? That’s a pretty heavy conditional pick.

Very good for Philly

Reactions: BernieParent

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Colorado not having depth scoring is a myth. They have 6 forwards who are producing at .5 points per game or higher (min. 20 games played) this season. That's more than, or equal to most teams in the league. Only 5 or 6 teams have more than 6 forwards scoring at or above .5 points per game.
0-12-4 when the top line does not create 2 goals or more in a game. Our bottom 9 is trash.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Sound just as much of a defense and goaltending problem as it is a scoring problem.
Excluding the god line, we do not have a single top 6 forward. 3rd and 4th line players + AHL guys. How can you even say that is not a problem?

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Excluding the god line, we do not have a single top 6 forward. 3rd and 4th line players + AHL guys. How can you even say that is not a problem?
Well they have 6 forwards scoring above a .5 ppg pace. That puts them at least near league average.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Tyson Jost

vs

No.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Well they have 6 forwards scoring above a .5 ppg pace. That puts them at least near league average.
Statistically they are somewhat respectable but when you look at the games the bottom 9 hardly creates anything. Our 4th line is made out of okay AHL players and the 2nd line is worse than the 3rd line some teams roll with.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Statistically they are somewhat respectable but when you look at the games the bottom 9 hardly creates anything. Our 4th line is made out of okay AHL players and the 2nd line is worse than the 3rd line some teams roll with.
Sure, but a 4th line isn't going to have much of an impact on the game as say fixing the defense or goaltending.

Reactions: klozge

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Sure, but a 4th line isn't going to have much of an impact on the game as say fixing the defense or goaltending.
Agree, but now you are changing the subject. You claimed that the the depth forwards are good enough and I just can't agree with that.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado

The biggest problem I see is that my fellow Avalanche fans are maddeningly impatient, and expect the team to be a completely finished product less than 2 years after we were a 48 point team. Yes, there is still work to do, but that doesn't mean we should even consider moving a package of younger assets for a 30 year old pending UFA. That's what created the problems we had from the 2004-05 lockout until last year.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Agree, but now you are changing the subject. You claimed that the the depth forwards are good enough and I just can't agree with that.
Not really, I don't think depth scoring is the problem. The depth scoring is already average. Adding more depth scoring and not fixing the defense or goal tending isn't going to get the team anywhere.

Reactions: klozge

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I have absolutely no interest in the Avs paying anything of any significance for Simmonds

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Hell, just send Jost, to be honest.

Original deal is bad for Colorado ( and admittedly, so is just Jost).
Agreed, Simmonds could fetch Col’s 1st and another prospect (not Jost) at best, but we’d take it.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
The biggest problem I see is that my fellow Avalanche fans are maddeningly impatient, and expect the team to be a completely finished product less than 2 years after we were a 48 point team. Yes, there is still work to do, but that doesn't mean we should even consider moving a package of younger assets for a 30 year old pending UFA. That's what created the problems we had from the 2004-05 lockout until last year.
Yeah some are getting really trigger happy on our boards. I wouldn't make any moves for rentals or veterans, just stay the course and make improvements in the summer. If anything we should be selling, as long as the losing continues, but the issue there is that there is almost nothing to sell.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

Tyson Jost

vs

How about hell no?

howkie

Dec 13, 2014

Tyson Jost

vs

Simmonds does not drive a line, so what help does he do then?

Byzantium

Jun 17, 2017
1st round picks are worth more this year because they are exempt from the expansion draft. Not sure Simmonds would even fetch one unless it's from a team like Tampa or Winnipeg, absolutely not from Colorado. Wouldn't even do Jost for Simmonds straight up. There is a greater chance Jost becomes a capable top 9 forward for a long time than Simmonds having any sort of impact these remaining games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad