Proposal: Colorado & Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
You'd need to add Stone to make this a reasonable proposal to Colorado. That's how far you are value wise.

Really bad proposal sir.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
That's a weird way to type Karlsson.

Karlsson's name does not belong in a thread that only involves the Avalanche and Senators.

The OP is horrible, but Karlsson is worth more than legitimately the entire Avalanche roster because of the upcoming expansion draft.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Karlsson's name does not belong in a thread that only involves the Avalanche and Senators.

The OP is horrible, but Karlsson is worth more than legitimately the entire Avalanche roster because of the upcoming expansion draft.

And we wouldn't want you to potentially lose Bobby Ryan in the expansion draft because you were forced to protect MacKinnon, Duchene, Landeskog, EJ and Varlamov. Glad we've got it figured out, you keep your elite team, we'll keep our bunch of scrubs.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Yeah, the entire roster...

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
And we wouldn't want you to potentially lose Bobby Ryan in the expansion draft because you were forced to protect MacKinnon, Duchene, Landeskog, EJ and Varlamov. Glad we've got it figured out, you keep your elite team, we'll keep our bunch of scrubs.

So ok:

MacKinnon, Stone, Duchene, Landeskog, Hoffman, Turris, Zibanejad

Johnson, Ceci, Phaneuf

Varlamov

Or

Turris, Stone, Hoffman, Macarthur, Zibanejad, Ryan, Pageau

Karlsson, Ceci, Phaneuf

Anderson

Do you really think the top one makes for a better team? I don't.

Last edited:

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
So ok:

Johnson, Ceci, Phaneuf

Varlamov

Or

Karlsson, Ceci, Phaneuf

Anderson

Do you think Karlsson is so much better than EJ that it completely negates the significant upgrade from Ryan, MacArthur and Pageau to MacKinnon, Duchene and Landeskog, not to mention the upgrade from Anderson to Varlamov? Not to mention the rest of the Avs roster, because they are worthless compared to Karlsson and the single unprotected player the Sensor would lose in this scenario.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
It'd have to be like downgrade + prospect for COL to consider.

Like:
Landeskog
Barrie

for

Ryan
Ceci
White
1st

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Do you think Karlsson is so much better than EJ that it completely negates the significant upgrade from Ryan, MacArthur and Pageau to MacKinnon, Duchene and Landeskog, not to mention the upgrade from Anderson to Varlamov? Not to mention the rest of the Avs roster, because they are worthless compared to Karlsson and the single unprotected player the Sensor would lose in this scenario.

I do: yes.

I also think Anderson and Varlamov are very comparable goaltenders so only gave that piece a flicker of a thought.

Karlsson is the best defenseman in the league. There's a massive gap between him and EJ, to say nothing of the the extra $4M in salary we would take on as part of the deal overall.

Regardless, we're off topic. The OP is ridiculous.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I do: yes.

I also think Anderson and Varlamov are very comparable goaltenders so only gave that piece a flicker of a thought.

Karlsson is the best defenseman in the league. There's a massive gap between him and EJ, to say nothing of the the extra $4M in salary we would take on as part of the deal overall.

Regardless, we're off topic. The OP is ridiculous.

Not nearly as rediculous as claiming Karlsson is worth more than the entire Avs roster. But, I'm not a Karlsson fanboy, so maybe I'm missing something.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Your own bias?

There isn't a single player in the league that is worth more than the entire roster of another team. Not McDavid, not OV, not Crosby, not Karlsson, no one. There is too much parity in the league. I'd trade the 3 best players on the Avs for any other teams entire roster in a heartbeat. OK, maybe not Detroit, but any other team.

But, sure, blame my bias for not believing Karlsson is that valuable.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
So ok:

Johnson, Ceci, Phaneuf

Varlamov

Or

Karlsson, Ceci, Phaneuf

Anderson

So you're saying

The difference between Karlsson and Johnson is greater than the difference between

Mackinnon, Duchene, Landeskog, and Varlamov to Turris, Hoffman, Pagneau, and Anderson

You may want to go to the doctor to get that concussion checked out.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Karlsson is priceless. As are Crosby and McDavid. You don't trade something that franchises can go decades without.

Sens are more likely to makes those upgrades than ever get another Karlsson.

Last edited:

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Karlsson is priceless. As are Crosby and McDavid. You don't trade something that franchises can go decades without.

I completely agree that the Sens would be crazy to trade Karlsson. He's more valuable than any realistic return. But that doesn't make him worth more than an entire roster.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Sure Karlsson has put up good stats and stuff over the course of his career, but as a team, the Sens haven"t really threated to win it all since he came into the league (3 miss playoffs, 3 - 1st round exits and 1 2nd round exit). Sure the Avs havent done much better. but the depth of Mack/Duchene/Landeskog/EJ/Varly would be better for team results rather than just Karlsson IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad