Proposal: Colorado & Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Just cause someone recognize that EK is awesome, doesn't mean they have to be irrational. Dude's a great player, even if he's not quite as great as this poster seems to think he is.

This isn't about Karlsson specifically. Same goes for McDavid, Crosby, Kane, Price.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I don't know what's worse, the OP or the senseless pissing contest about Karlsson and the entire Avalanche roster.

What's next, my dad can beat up your dad?

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Colorado would definitely be worse if they gave all that up for Karlsson; that isn't what's being discussed.

You can't just add 4 quality players to Ottawa's roster and remove 1 superstar in an expansion year. It just doesn't make sense.

You keep pointing to the expansion year as a reason it doesn't make sense, but I'm not sure why that matters. Every team is going to lose 1 (one) player to the expansion draft. Karlsson + whoever you lose isn't worth more than an entire roster. You give up 2 players, and end up with former top 6 players in your bottom 6.

I don't understand how you can possibly think this lineup is worse than what the Sens currently have with Karlsson, even if we remove one of the 3rd liners or 2nd pairing D?

Turris-MacKinnon-Duchene
Landeskog-Zibby-Stone
Hoffman-Soderberg-Ryan
Some combination of Rantanen/Pageau/Lazar/Greer/Grigorenko/Iginla/Colborne/whoever?

EJ-Phaneuf
Ceci-Barrie
Some combination of Chabot/Zadorov/Bigras/Gelinas/Beauchemin/etc.

Varly
Anderson
Pickard/Hammond

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
You keep pointing to the expansion year as a reason it doesn't make sense, but I'm not sure why that matters. Every team is going to lose 1 (one) player to the expansion draft. Karlsson + whoever you lose isn't worth more than an entire roster. You give up 2 players, and end up with former top 6 players in your bottom 6.

I don't understand how you can possibly think this lineup is worse than what the Sens currently have with Karlsson, even if we remove one of the 3rd liners or 2nd pairing D?

Turris-MacKinnon-Duchene
Landeskog-Zibby-Stone
Hoffman-Soderberg-Ryan
Some combination of Rantanen/Pageau/Lazar/Greer/Grigorenko/Iginla/Colborne/whoever?

EJ-Phaneuf
Ceci-Barrie
Some combination of Chabot/Zadorov/Bigras/Gelinas/Beauchemin/etc.

Varly
Anderson
Pickard/Hammond

How are we affording this team? Are Hoffman and Barrie playing for free? Is Anderson volunteering? And who did we lose in the draft in this scenario of yours? Methot? No way he gets taken before Ceci/Phaneuf.

Anyways I'm not changing my mind I can guarantee you that, so I don't want to waste your time.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
How are we affording this team? Are Hoffman and Barrie playing for free? Is Anderson volunteering? And who did we lose in the draft in this scenario of yours? Methot? No way he gets taken before Ceci/Phaneuf.

Anyways I'm not changing my mind I can guarantee you that, so I don't want to waste your time.

Right, the salary cap and the Sens being a budget team are the issue here, not that Colorado gives up their entire team in exchange for 1 player they'd be forced to expose in the expansion draft.

And who cares who gets picked in the expansion draft with that kind of depth?

And of course you won't change your mind, you think Karlsson is a God.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Right, the salary cap and the Sens being a budget team are the issue here, not that Colorado gives up their entire team in exchange for 1 player they'd be forced to expose in the expansion draft.

And who cares who gets picked in the expansion draft with that kind of depth?

And of course you won't change your mind, you think Karlsson is a God.

1) why is Colorado forced to expose Kaelsson to the draft in this scenario?

2) what "depth" are you referring to? EJ, Phaneuf, Barrie, Methot, Borowiecki, Chabot is hardly a great blueline. I think it's probably bottom 10 in the league in fact, but certainly in the bottom half.

3) it's not that I think Karlsson is a God. I wouldn't trade McDavid or Kane for the Avalanche either; probably wouldn't do Crosby either.

It's nothing against the Avalanche, they are a deep team without any elite talent, and all of their good players are making $5-6M which makes it impossible to fit for a lot of teams cap wise, and certainly for a budget team like the Sens.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
1) why is Colorado forced to expose Kaelsson to the draft in this scenario?

2) what "depth" are you referring to? EJ, Phaneuf, Barrie, Methot, Borowiecki, Chabot is hardly a great blueline. I think it's probably bottom 10 in the league in fact, but certainly in the bottom half.

3) it's not that I think Karlsson is a God. I wouldn't trade McDavid or Kane for the Avalanche either; probably wouldn't do Crosby either.

It's nothing against the Avalanche, they are a deep team without any elite talent, and all of their good players are making $5-6M which makes it impossible to fit for a lot of teams cap wise, and certainly for a budget team like the Sens.

Because every team is forced to expose at least one defenseman with at least 70 games played over the previous two seasons. I guess they could sign whatever UFAs are still available, play them all season and expose them, but who would want to sign with a team that just traded their entire roster?

Where are Beauchemin, Tyutin, Bigras, Zadorov, Gelinas, etc in your D depth?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
How did this thread end up about Karlsson?

Well it's not anymore.

Also, don't spill these disputes into other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad