Post-Game Talk: Colorado @ Montreal | October 18th, 5PM MT | We need Roy to play in net

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
It looks like Tanguay has rebounded from a crummy first four games - I guess he was shaking off the rust.

Briere, however, I'm concerned about. I don't mind him on the PP, but at ES he is so slow and can't keep the puck on his stick.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Who posted the scouts at the game last night? I found one from the Leafa game so I'll resurrect the thread if I can get the info.

Xonfire @Xonfire_ ·
7 NHL pro scouts were at the #Avs vs #Habs game last night. Interesting.

Xonfire
‏@Xonfire_
Penguins, Hurricanes, Islanders, Flames, Stars, Red Wings, and Oilers...

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Briere, however, I'm concerned about. I don't mind him on the PP, but at ES he is so slow and can't keep the puck on his stick.

Least amount of ice time yesterday and may have even been benched in the 3rd.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Least amount of ice time yesterday and may have even been benched in the 3rd.

The last few shifts they rotated Cody McLeod and Max Talbot in place of Briere. He has looked worse than he did last season.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Briere is exactly what a few of us expected he'd be.

Maybe we can stop with all the expecting all these players to "turn it around" under Roy. I can see it with guys who are fringe types of never got a real shot, but the experienced vets that are that long in the tooth are rarely going to have much of a rebirth under any coach.

Hopefully the Avs can get to the playoffs, and maybe there will be some payoff there, but otherwise the Avs just really traded a pick for some cap space next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad