GDT: Colorado Avalanche vs St. Louis Blouse | 7PM MT | Stupid low-effort GDT

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Yeah there's not much to be scared of in the Blues lineup right now.

Krug ----- Faulk
Scanella - Dunn (day-to-day)
Walman - Bortuzzo
Mikkola - Santini
Avarage at best and multiple guys with questionable defense. The Blues went from a grinding defensive nightmare team to being 10th worst in GA.

Reactions: Richard88

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Seems odd to me that it's O'Brien and not Sherwood based on the way Sherwood has played all year, but I guess they want the physicality. Whatever, doesn't matter much.

Reactions: Zandar

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Double post, so here's a red panda...

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Seems odd to me that it's O'Brien and not Sherwood based on the way Sherwood has played all year, but I guess they want the physicality. Whatever, doesn't matter much.
They clearly just want someone on the ice who can keep opposing teams honest for a few games now down the stretch so we don't suffer as many injuries. But yeah, on merit Sherwood probably deserved to play. Kaut and Bowers should also get games, but the Avs seem to be slow cooking them both for some reason.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I don't think anyone would be surprised if Byram is out for another two weeks. Concussions are tricky, I don't see them rushing him back.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Let’s give JJ another shot. Yeah he looked bad to start and was terrible in the shootout but he did come up with some good saves too (more than we can say for Miska). Let’s see how he does now that he got some of the nerves out. If he sucks tonight then have at it but he deserves another shot.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Avs first regulation loss for several reasons:

Johansson is a sieve but its Sakics fault

Avs scored 9 goals last game which probably means they only score 2-3 tonight

STL has been bad the last while but they always get up to play the Avs (except game 2)

Avs havent lost in regulation in a long time. All things come to an end.

5-2 Blues. Hoffman scores 2.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I don't think anyone would be surprised if Byram is out for another two weeks. Concussions are tricky, I don't see them rushing him back.
Has it been confirmed to be a concussion? The guy finished that game. Seems irresponsible thinking back at it now. Kolesar got nothing on that play either.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Has it been confirmed to be a concussion? The guy finished that game. Seems irresponsible thinking back at it now. Kolesar got nothing on that play either.

It's a weird one. He finished the game and skated the next morning at optional skate. He's been pretty much skating almost every day since the injury too. I'm betting they're just being super careful with him and giving him plenty of time. You don't want to f*** around with a top draft pick by rushing him back too early. Especially if the team is currently on a roll, despite Renouf and Graves' best efforts.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
And people actually thought the Blues would be ok losing Alex Pietrangelo.

That defence is a mess. If the top line actually shows up tonight they are going to run wild on Krug-Faulk. Unless the Blues stick Bortuzzo out there to cross check every single forward on our team into oblivion only for maybe one penalty to get called on him, with Bortuzzo looking at the ref as if someone just accused him of denying the Holocaust.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad