GDT: Colorado Avalanche vs Saint Louis Blues. November 1st, 2023 @7:30PM MT. AI Filled Cyber Edition

Yes? No?

• Total voters

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Avs were clearly the better team tonight, out chancing the Blues 28-18 including 14-6 high danger.

Loved what I saw from Tufte. Please keep him in the lineup because he seems motivated, plays physicsl, wins his battles and overall impressed.

Cale Makar continues to look like 80% of his usual self. I hope he doesn't have a lingering injury all season.

Man that 4th line really suffers with MacDermid on it. They didn't get caved in but you can tell they're just trying to survive with him out there. He adds nothing.

Finally Colton with an actual goal.

Loved Prosvetov however the f**k you spell it. Keep it up and Frankie go bye bye.

Oh f**k you Girard. I picked him to score in fantasy tonight and he f***ing goes bar and out on the open net you stupid garden gnome f**k (I thought he played really well tonight).

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Avs were clearly the better team tonight, out chancing the Blues 28-18 including 14-6 high danger.

Loved what I saw from Tufte. Please keep him in the lineup because he seems motivated, plays physicsl, wins his battles and overall impressed.

Cale Makar continues to look like 80% of his usual self. I hope he doesn't have a lingering injury all season.

Man that 4th line really suffers with MacDermid on it. They didn't get caved in but you can tell they're just trying to survive with him out there. He adds nothing.

Finally Colton with an actual goal.

Loved Prosvetov however the f**k you spell it. Keep it up and Frankie go bye bye.

Oh f**k you Girard. I picked him to score in fantasy tonight and he f***ing goes bar and out on the open net you stupid garden gnome f**k (I thought he played really well tonight).

That was the best MacDermid game I have ever seen

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
As the Colorado Avalanche's journey to the Stanley Cup in 2024 continued, another subplot unfolded within the team. Star defenseman Cale Makar found himself grappling with a growing sense of inadequacy and jealousy toward Quinn Hughes, his rival on the ice. The shadow of Hughes' talent and youth seemed to loom over him, intensifying Makar's internal struggle.

In his search for answers and inspiration, Makar turned to Eric Brewer, a former NHL player known for his rugged handsomeness and charisma. He saw Brewer as a mentor figure who could help him overcome his struggles and find his true potential.

Brewer, aware of Makar's vulnerability, welcomed the young defenseman into his circle. He played the role of a mentor but had ulterior motives. Brewer subtly stoked Makar's jealousy of Hughes, convincing him that he needed to surpass his rival at all costs.

Makar became ensnared in a web of deceit and false idolatry. He had to confront his own inner demons and recognize that his path to success couldn't be built on jealousy and rivalry. It was a battle for his own identity and self-worth.

Eero, driven by his obsession, attempts to infiltrate the Avalanche's inner circle to gather more evidence of Brewer's malevolent influence. In doing so, he inadvertently crosses paths with Makar and becomes aware of his mentorship with Brewer.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
That was the best MacDermid game I have ever seen
I thought he was fine, too, but I also know that is not going to continue happening. He is not fast enough for those two, so inevitably Bednar will go down to 11 forwards but then Olofsson can't play up so it'll be 10, etc.

St. Louis blows, but I shudder to think of MacDermid this Saturday against Vegas.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Tufte is only one year older then Nuke was when the Avs signed him.... You never know. Certainly some similarities to the way they play, especially on a night like tonight where Tufte showed what he's capable of when he's constantly moving his feet on both ends of the puck.

IMO he's easily worth keeping in the lineup over Drouin right now simply because of that possible upside.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
As the Colorado Avalanche's journey to the Stanley Cup in 2024 continued, another subplot unfolded within the team. Star defenseman Cale Makar found himself grappling with a growing sense of inadequacy and jealousy toward Quinn Hughes, his rival on the ice. The shadow of Hughes' talent and youth seemed to loom over him, intensifying Makar's internal struggle.

In his search for answers and inspiration, Makar turned to Eric Brewer, a former NHL player known for his rugged handsomeness and charisma. He saw Brewer as a mentor figure who could help him overcome his struggles and find his true potential.

Brewer, aware of Makar's vulnerability, welcomed the young defenseman into his circle. He played the role of a mentor but had ulterior motives. Brewer subtly stoked Makar's jealousy of Hughes, convincing him that he needed to surpass his rival at all costs.

Makar became ensnared in a web of deceit and false idolatry. He had to confront his own inner demons and recognize that his path to success couldn't be built on jealousy and rivalry. It was a battle for his own identity and self-worth.

Eero, driven by his obsession, attempts to infiltrate the Avalanche's inner circle to gather more evidence of Brewer's malevolent influence. In doing so, he inadvertently crosses paths with Makar and becomes aware of his mentorship with Brewer.
Wow! Pot IS legal in Colorado afterall......!! lol

Heyduke

Oct 31, 2019
Really liked everything about this game. Sitting Drouin and Tatar was overdue and it was great to see Tufte play well. Prosvetov looked solid. Colton and Wood looked good and contributed. Avs kept St. Louis at bay for most the game and ended strong.

Too bad Girard couldn't sink the open net. Would be great to get both Sammy and Bo going.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Gutsy performance that showed the Avs pride tonight.

Two guys playing banged up in Byram who took that hard shot last game, and Lehky who went real hard into the post this game, come up with big goals in the 3rd to help the Avs win.

Prosvetov like others mentioned had a real solid night. Felt real confident watching him make saves. Good positioning and rebound control. Love that we finally have a big goalie too, we usually have smaller goalies. If he can keep playing like that we'll have a good #2 and possibly more if keeps improving and they have to let George go. Jussi just seems to have a way with some of these guys, especially the Russian goalies.

Tufte needs to stay in the lineup. Felt like he was developing some nice chemistry with RJ and Nuke too. He adds a good motor with size that can win corner battles to that line. Frees up RJ to sit back and wait for the puck to come to him and make plays. Everytime I watch him he makes plays that make me think he's got an underrated hockey IQ too.

I thought the leadership needed to step up after last game, because it felt like something was off with the team. Very happy to hear about their players meeting and the response tonight. Biz made a great point too about how the new guys were probably thinking it usually takes 8 losses in a row to have a players meeting like that. That's what will draw them into the fire. Especially RJ I've felt will really benefit from this. He's not used to that kind of team culture.

Keep it going. Hoping for big games from George and Makar against Vegas. Gonna need them to be difference makers. Maybe Bo can keep building his game and be an X factor again too.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
1698927242141.png

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
Good win. I feel like Mack is struggling a lot this year so far. He is way too much mindlessly skating hard and shooting puck on the net. When he decided to slow down and look for some dish he was doing best plays.

Reactions: missionAvs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad