Post-Game Talk: Colorado Avalanche vs. Minnesota Wild l SERIES Discussion l Avs Lose Series 4-3

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Dater said Cooke tried to call Barrie but he didn't answer. Good on the kid. **** Cooke. How the **** does he get to play again in the playoffs. He did his job perfectly. Took out the guy, his team advances, he gets to play again.

IndustryLeech

Jan 23, 2013
Fort Collins, CO
qVnsU26.gif

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Calling the player you injured has become an expected practice to limit the number of games you're suspended for. Doesn't really mean anything anymore.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Well...the beginning of the 2nd day since the loss and it still hurts/stings...so I suspect that my feeling of this series loss will stick with me somewhat through the entire off-season, only to be slightly mitigated one way or another with what roster changes we make. O'Reilly signing (I think it's a slam dunk he does, and long term), hopefully Stastny staying and the big one--HOW are we addressing the Defense?

A lot of my feelings for next year are going to depend on who the Avs plan on icing as their Top-6 defensemen. Surely we've GOT to see some changes on that front? We can't just expect Varlamov to continue to be in "God Mode" for another season can we? He was definitely the biggest part of us getting to 52 wins this season, but he broke the Franchise record for goaltender wins and helped us tie the Franchise Record for team wins in a season...can't expect an exact repeat of that season again.
the last time I felt this bad about the Avs was the night we lost both Foote and Forsberg within a few hours of each other. Just that fan-pain that will take a long while to get over.

Anyone read our "eulogy" over at Puck Daddy? Usually they are pretty entertaining and I was looking forward to the read...I thought it was pretty weak.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
the last time I felt this bad about the Avs was the night we lost both Foote and Forsberg within a few hours of each other. Just that fan-pain that will take a long while to get over.

Anyone read our "eulogy" over at Puck Daddy? Usually they are pretty entertaining and I was looking forward to the read...I thought it was pretty weak.

I got a good laugh out of it because of how brutal it was. Just like that article that obsessive Red Wing fan wrote on "How to Hate the Avs". That eulogy was almost as bad as the Varly isn't that good and trade Stastny+ROR for Jagr articles.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Caused by a slash from the fan favourite Matt Cooke in the game 3, per local media, might i say.

So the guy with the worst rap sheet in the NHL has his coach put him on a checking line to match up against the Avs star players.

Result = Slash that injures Landy's hand, attempted elbow to MacKinnon's head, and a torn MCL for Barrie.

Just disgusting that he's still allowed to play in this league, let alone the playoffs this year. I'm starting to get a pathological liar vibe from him too reading some of his comments about playing.

"I've got to go back to the work I put in to this point, video-wise, game-wise, mentally-wise, to put myself in a position for success," Cooke told reporters on Wednesday. "Although this one situation happened, I still believe and know that I'm in a good spot as far as the way I approach the game to go out and play a physical style without being riskful.

"Obviously there's the one situation that's going to be in my head that it happened, but I'm a firm believer in the work that I've put in to change the style, to change my approach to the game, to allow me to go out and have success."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/story/?id=451528&hubname=nhl-wild

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
So the guy with the worst rap sheet in the NHL has his coach put him on a checking line to match up against the Avs star players.

Result = Slash that injures Landy's hand, attempted elbow to MacKinnon's head, and a torn MCL for Barrie.

Just disgusting that he's still allowed to play in this league, let alone the playoffs this year. I'm starting to get a pathological liar vibe from him too reading some of his comments about playing.

"I've got to go back to the work I put in to this point, video-wise, game-wise, mentally-wise, to put myself in a position for success," Cooke told reporters on Wednesday. "Although this one situation happened, I still believe and know that I'm in a good spot as far as the way I approach the game to go out and play a physical style without being riskful.

"Obviously there's the one situation that's going to be in my head that it happened, but I'm a firm believer in the work that I've put in to change the style, to change my approach to the game, to allow me to go out and have success."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/story/?id=451528&hubname=nhl-wild

One situation? :laugh:

He can only thank that tool from Detroit that he isn't the #1 d-bag in the league.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
How is it hard work to change your style from being an idiot to not being an idiot? Hasn't done a very good job of it.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
Caused by a slash from the fan favourite Matt Cooke in the game 3, per local media, might i say.

before or after he kneed barrie? (also before or after he attempted to knee EJ and elbow MacKinnon's face?)

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Right now I am having a "love/hate" relationship with Twitter:

I love it because it's may favorite Social Media site

I hate it because it gives idiots a voice...and today someone struck a nerve with the dumb thing they said...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad