GDT: Colorado Avalanche vs Columbus Blue Jackets 7pm MT

CantTouchThis

Feb 16, 2012
Town in Country
Honestly I hate cheering against the Avs but we need Jones or one of the top 3 soooo bad

Seriously, catch myself cheering for Duchene, or landy, etc to get a goal sometimes. I have to remind myself I want to lose... It blows.

CGY meanwhile, loses by a goal with no loser point. Showing how the Tank is done. Good thing we only have 5 games left.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
The way things are going we will beat Edmonton, get atleast 2 points out of the 2 STL games, we will beat Phoenix and get a point in Minnesota.
44 points will equate probably to the 6th overall pick.
And Edmonton is behind us in the lottery.

Maybe it is time to start blaming Sherman for bringing in Giguere? :sarcasm:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I have a feeling that Avs players are starting to turn on SoB.

1) He definitely is the one who talked about Vegas and probably bragged about it to Giguere.

2) Plus he makes game decision mistakes.

I don't think he has played bad at all overall this season, but enough is enough. Zanon looked pissed after that goal and might get into a few words with him.

O'Reilly and Landeskog have said many times that they love having him on the team.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
1 is better than 2. Good game from the Avs though.

We got a couple special dmen in Elliott and Barrie. That little fake and wrister by Elliott was sexy. They'll make mistakes here and there but be patient with them cuz they're for real.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Dang, the Avs really deserved to win that one. Jiggy should challenged the shot a bit more, Zanon had the passing lane blocked pretty well. But whatcha gonna do?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Dang, the Avs really deserved to win that one. Jiggy should challenged the shot a bit more, Zanon had the passing lane blocked pretty well. But whatcha gonna do?

Duchene got back and took the other player. I think Zanon should have stepped up and challenged the shooter.

JACKETfan

Real Blue Jacketfan
Mar 18, 2006
Tampa
Congrats to the Avs for not rolling over. With the exception of Saint Bobvrosky, you out-played our entire team.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
The way things are going we will beat Edmonton, get atleast 2 points out of the 2 STL games, we will beat Phoenix and get a point in Minnesota.
44 points will equate probably to the 6th overall pick.
And Edmonton is behind us in the lottery.

Maybe it is time to start blaming Sherman for bringing in Giguere? :sarcasm:
The Avs are still 29th in the league, with more games played than everyone except Nashville. There's only 5 games left in the season. It would take a pretty crazy run to finish anything out of the bottom 5.

Calgary and Nashville playing each other next week will be nice. So will Tampa and Carolina going at it on Sunday.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Do you seriously want me to list all the first pairing D-men who never turned into franchise players? I'm not saying it's impossible, i'm just saying it's probably more likely he doesn't become a franchise D-man.

What about Coburn? Jack Johnson? Jay Bouwmeester? I can keep going all night long buddy.

What are you talking about, those are solid good defensemen, hahaha! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

All I am saying is to have some effin patience and wait until he as a full 5 seasons in an Avs uniform before calling him the next Bouwmeester, because I guarantee you Chara and Pronger were being called the the 90s versions of Berard.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
1 is better than 2. Good game from the Avs though.

We got a couple special dmen in Elliott and Barrie. That little fake and wrister by Elliott was sexy. They'll make mistakes here and there but be patient with them cuz they're for real.

This. We need another solid top 4 D in the pipeline, preferably on the left side, and the defense is in good shape with a couple years of development. Jones would be freaking awesome, but he isn't 100% needed.

____- EJ
Hejda (Siemens when he is ready)- Barrie
Wilson-Elliott

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The Avs are still 29th in the league, with more games played than everyone except Nashville. There's only 5 games left in the season. It would take a pretty crazy run to finish anything out of the bottom 5.

Oilers, Blues, @Blues, @Coyotes, and Wild.

If we're playing well, we can definitely win a couple of those games.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

Calgary and Nashville playing each other next week will be nice. So will Tampa and Carolina going at it on Sunday.

The Avs have by far the easiest schedule to close out the season.
And we are red hot for some stupid reason (thanks Giggy) right now.

The Devils are 5 points ahead and have lost 10 !!! straight.
Nashville is only 3 points ahead and they have lost every single tiny bit of scoring prowess either to a trade (Erat) or to an injury (Wilson, Hornqvist...). There is no way they stay ahead of us. They also have more games played than we do.
TBL are only 2 points ahead.
Calgary is a better AHL team right now, Florida is already 3 points behind and Carolina are 2-8-0 in their last 10 and they really blow beyond belief without Ward and with Faulk injured.

I just don't see how we pick anybetter than 5th.

IceyDice

Sep 16, 2012
What are you talking about, those are solid good defensemen, hahaha! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

All I am saying is to have some effin patience and wait until he as a full 5 seasons in an Avs uniform before calling him the next Bouwmeester, because I guarantee you Chara and Pronger were being called the the 90s versions of Berard.

Yeah, solid D-men who topped out as solid d-men. Again, you fall back on the Chara and Pronger analogies. They are the exception, not the rule. I'm not saying it's impossible for EJ to improve, but he's regressed since he got here and expecting him to follow the path of two anomalies isn't the most likely outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The Avs have by far the easiest schedule to close out the season.
And we are red hot for some stupid reason (thanks Giggy) right now.

The Devils are 5 points ahead and have lost 10 !!! straight.
Nashville is only 3 points ahead and they have lost every single tiny bit of scoring prowess either to a trade (Erat) or to an injury (Wilson, Hornqvist...). There is no way they stay ahead of us. They also have more games played than we do.
TBL are only 2 points ahead.
Calgary is a better AHL team right now, Florida is already 3 points behind and Carolina are 2-8-0 in their last 10 and they really blow beyond belief without Ward and with Faulk injured.

I just don't see how we pick anybetter than 5th.

You're being way to pessimistic about it. We only have 5 games left. We realistically at worst/best go 3-1-1 in those 5 games. That's an additional 7 points.

NJD Only need to go 1-4-1 in those final 6 and they're ahead of us.

NSH could go 2-2 or even 1-1-2 and still be ahead of us.

TBL is .500 in there last 10. 2 Pts ahead and a game in hand. a 3-3 record for them, and they finish ahead of us.

Carolina has sucked, but they are still a point ahead of us, with 2 games in hand.

The Avs would have to go on a very, very good run down the stretch, and these teams would all have to really play some atrocious hockey in order for us to beat them.

Were still in great position for a Top 4 pick. Top 3 is becoming a little sketchy(Though still very much possible, even #1 is still possible) but a Top 4 we should get. And Barkov will be a great addition to our offense.

As for the game. Barrie and Elliott are going to be great players for us. Hejda deserves a tonne of credit for what he has done to those 2 and there levels of play. He himself has been fantastic defensively for us this year.

Very underrated, I would say he has played like a #3 for us this year, rather then the #4/5 he was playing like last year. Awesome turn around for the guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad