GDT: Colorado Avalanche vs Columbus Blue Jackets 7pm MT

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago
I am a huge EJ fan, but even I have to admit he has been pretty average this season. That said "huge disappointment" and "robbed us" is pretty Pejorative Slured. I honestly don't know how anybody could rate this trade after 2 seasons (1 full season, ½ on Avs, and ½ Lockout), except you're judging it on HFboard terminology and looking at stats.

I liked Stewart, but the guy is streaky as hell and would still be one of our main trade pieces if he was on our team currently. I do agree that losing Shattenkirk sucked, though I would like to see what Elliott and Barrie have before judging the whole thing.

If I wasn't holding out hope for Siemens, I'd be on the highway robbery bandwagon too. I've lost all faith in Johnson ever putting it together. He's either a pretty dim bulb or thinks way too much.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Oh Hejda. Why did you have to make a good defensive play there.
that is not Avs style at all.
We got atleast one freaking point and just passed Calgary.
Screw you Avs. You are the worst team to root for. THE WORST.
You lose if I want you to win and you win if I want you to lose.
I hate you!

We haven't passed them yet. Even if we win tonight we'd still be 29th because we've played more games than they have.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Safeco should of pulled giggy when they tied it. When asked why, we either win or lose. No middle ground.

Giguere wouldn't leave the net.

I rewatched that play with Barrie multiple times, definitely a rookie mistake. Could've played the puck skating backwards, instead he turned around and barely missed the sweep.

Barrie with a poor play on that one.

Can't really say Barrie is slow though, having to win a foot race when you have no momentum is pretty hard.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm on board with the tank but was still hoping Landeskog would score another shorty to win it. Damn it.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Lando and Duchene with two huge chances. Playing are best hockey at the worst possible time.

anleva

Aug 2, 2005
I think Columbus is confused whether this is a tank year or a go for it year. Must be confusing for them too.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I know I'm just nitpicking everything Sacco does but why would you start the OT with Landeskog taking the faceoff? Why not use one of your centers and then change to get Landeskog on the ice if you want him out there so badly?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I hope they start Giguere a bit more next year. The team is way more focused when he plays and will carry over when Varly starts. Every 1/5 games would be perfect.

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago
By this logic, Chara is a bust.

There's a big difference between those two. Johnson doesn't have more growing into his body to do. His problem is almost all mental.

I get that no one wants to admit that we got gypped, but you have to have had serious doubts by this point...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad