GDT: Colorado Avalanche @ Ottawa Senators

Lastwind

Jan 20, 2020
Ottawa, ON
The Avs return to Ottawa after a year away from the National Capital.

ab36f987ab06802793daebeb8fd8436a.jpg

The last matchup in Ottawa resulted in a 5-2 loss for the Avs. (And Duchene getting 3 points).

With the mess of a team that is the Sens (understatement of the year) under their current ownership, the Avs need to come in with the same energy we saw last game and dominate.

After last year’s game:

"We can't be coaching effort; it's almost February," Colorado coach Jared Bednar said. "The effort's not there at the start of the game for whatever reason. There's nothing else to it, you can't look past that. That's a prerequisite to everything else."

Time to see if the boys are growing.

avalanche-senators.jpg

Projected lines:

:avs
Landy-Mac-Rants
Nichushkin-Kadri-Bura
Nieto-Jost-Donskoi
Calvert-Bellemare-Compher

#4D-Makar
Girard-EJ
Cole-Z

Gru (confirmed)
Francouz

:sens
Tkachuk-JPG-Brown
Namest-Tierney-Duclair
Ennis-Anisimov-Batherson
Chlapik-White-Sabourin

Chabot-Hainsey
Borow-Demelo
Reilly-Zaitsev

Hogberg (Likely)
Anderson
I will try to update line changes if they happen.

Keep an eye out for 4 young men near the glass, half in burgundy and the other half in red like the dumpster fire they are.

Cheers :cheers:

Last edited:

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Pageau hattrick in a 6-3 win before he gets traded here.

Someome give me a quick rundown:

What are some good Avs twitter follows? Who are this boards whipping boys?

Reactions: ETTHAKING67

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Pageau hattrick in a 6-3 win before he gets traded here.

Someome give me a quick rundown:

What are some good Avs twitter follows? Who are this boards whipping boys?

Some may debate these, but whatever (sorry, too lazy to look up their actual Twitter handles, but you should be able to find them pretty easily):

AJ Haefele, Nathan Rudolph, Evan Rawal (aka "The Mars Volchenkov" on here), are the DNVR crew. Drew Creasman is their Rockies beat writer and has become a new Avs fan this season. It's fun to get his perspective as well.

Aarif Dean and Ryan Boulding work for Mile High Sports.

Ryan S. Clark is probably the best writer out there covering the Avs. He works for The Athletic.

Mike Chambers still covers the Avs on behalf of the Denver Post. I forget who else does.

Rick Sadowski, I believe, has covered the Avs for the 2nd-longest amount of time, behind Adrian Dater. It's a shame he's been reduced to NHL.com spots and Hockeybuzz stuff since the Rocky Mountain News, I wish someone would find him a regular gig. He seemed heartbroken when the Rocky Mountain News was possibly coming back a few years ago and whatever initial plans to do so were quickly scuttled.

Chris Miceli runs the "Locked On Avalanche" podcast (and he has an account on here as well). Tigervixxxen is here from time to time, she and the Burgundy Rainbow/Burgundy Radio crew do some great work delving into prospects and other areas you might not normally see elsewhere.

And of course, there are Terry Frei and Adrian Dater, who both lost their gigs at Post under rather ignominious circumstances. I still follow both, others can do what they will.

Jay Vean and his compatriot Tapeleg run the Avs fan podcast and created the whole #AvsTwitterPsychic hashtag which became a focal point of controversy lately.

Cheryl (Beachiesnowgirl is her Twitter handle) used to do stuff for Mile High Hockey.

Mile High Hockey is the SB Nation Avs site, it kinda fell off in recent years due to a huge fallout that resulted in a lot of contributors leaving and starting Burgundy Rainbow. But it's still around, and the Scott MacDonald guy who does content for them now seems like an a'ight guy.

Mile High Sticking is another site, I personally unfollowed them because I didn't care for their content. Again, do what you will.

Last edited:

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Some may debate these, but whatever (sorry, too lazy to look up their actual Twitter handles, but you should be able to find them pretty easily):

AJ Haefele, Nathan Rudolph, Evan Rawal (aka "The Mars Volchenkov" on here), are the DNVR crew. Drew Creasman is their Rockies beat writer and has become a new Avs fan this season. It's fun to get his perspective as well.

Ryan S. Clark is probably the best writer out there covering the Avs. He works for The Athletic.

Mike Chambers still covers the Avs on behalf of the Denver Post. I forget who else does.

Rick Sadowski is, I believe, has covered the Avs for the 2nd-longest amount of time, behind Adrian Dater. It's a shame he's been reduced to NHL.com spots and Hockeybuzz stuff since the Rocky Mountain News, I wish someone would find him a regular gig. He seemed heartbroken when the Rocky Mountain News was possibly coming back a few years ago and whatever initial plans to do so were quickly scuttled.

Chris Miceli runs the "Locked On Avalanche" podcast (and he has an account on here as well). Tigervixxxen is here from time to time, she and the Burgundy Rainbow/Burgundy Radio crew do some great work delving into prospects and other areas you might not normally see elsewhere.

And of course, there are Terry Frei and Adrian Dater, who both lost their gigs at Post under rather ignominious circumstances. I still follow both, others can do what they will.

Jay Vean and his compatriot Tapeleg run the Avs fan podcast and created the whole #AvsTwitterPsychic hashtag which became a focal point of controversy lately.

Cheryl (Beachiesnowgirl is her Twitter handle) used to do stuff for Mile High Hockey

Mile High Hockey is the SB Nation Avs site, it kinda fell off in recent years due to a huge fallout that resulted in a lot of contributors leaving and starting Burgundy Rainbow. But it's still around, and the Scott MacDonald guy who does content for them now seems like an a'ight guy.

Mile High Sticking is another site, I personally unfollowed them because I didn't care for their content. Again, do what you will.

Thanks a lot!

Between this and shitting on Jost every time he touches the ice I should be set for tonight.

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018

Rick Sadowski, I believe, has covered the Avs for the 2nd-longest amount of time, behind Adrian Dater. It's a shame he's been reduced to NHL.com spots and Hockeybuzz stuff since the Rocky Mountain News, I wish someone would find him a regular gig. He seemed heartbroken when the Rocky Mountain News was possibly coming back a few years ago and whatever initial plans to do so were quickly scuttled.

Cheryl (Beachiesnowgirl is her Twitter handle) used to do stuff for Mile High Hockey.

Don't forget the Leafs guy who masquerades as an Avs expert on twitter!

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Stoked to watch Tkachuk live against the Avs. I still dream about him being the player we got instead of Byram.

I too wanted Tkachuk instead of the 2019 first but I'm looking at the current state of the NHL and I'm real happy that we got a blue chip defenseman. It seems like every team is looking for top 4 defense and not many are looking for top 6 wing.

I'm glad we have Byram.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Sens seem to always play us well especially at home. Would not shock me if the Avs lose outright or eek out a win. Be nice to see Mackinnon feast and Makar to get some points aswell to get his confidence back a bit. Need Mikko to make some plays out there. His game seems to be coming back slowly. Landeskog might shut us all up tonight.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Sens seem to always play us well especially at home. Would not shock me if the Avs lose outright or eek out a win. Be nice to see Mackinnon feast and Makar to get some points aswell to get his confidence back a bit. Need Mikko to make some plays out there. His game seems to be coming back slowly. Landeskog might shut us all up tonight.

Avs needed shit teams like Buffalo and Sens to get it going. No such thing as losing tonight, even a close game isn't acceptable. We need to repeat what we've done with the Sabres. Get some confidence back.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Stoked to watch Tkachuk live against the Avs. I still dream about him being the player we got instead of Byram.

Hey, some of us like Landeskog. He might be playing above his head right now and should be bumped down a line, but putting him on the same level of hate as Jost is just mean.
Who cares about tkatchuk we coulda had Quinn freaking Hughes AND Cale makar

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Sens are a fun team this year. I legit hope they win first overall with either of their first round picks. Their fans deserve it.

Reactions: Lastwind

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad