GDT: Colorado Avalanche @ Ottawa Senators

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
We play a game where every time Jost touches the puck we all take a steaming stinky deuce.

The butterfly effect makes it more likely our combined poops will contribute more to the Avs than Jost will contribute.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Who cares about tkatchuk we coulda had Quinn freaking Hughes AND Cale makar
I prefer Tkachuk over Hughes, to be honest. Obviously Q. Hughes is super talented, but Tkachuk brings an element in his game that Hughes doesn't and that has been missing from the Avs for a long time. Kadri kind of has that element, but he doesn't have the size or muscle to back it up like Tkachuk does.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Sens are a fun team this year. I legit hope they win first overall with either of their first round picks. Their fans deserve it.
I hope they do just so Toronto/TB/Boston will have some competition, and stop taking in easy points

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
We play a game where every time Jost touches the puck we all take a steaming stinky deuce.

The butterfly effect makes it more likely our combined poops will contribute more to the Avs than Jost will contribute.
Once a year he puts up a hat trick, what are you talking about?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Gru's ready

EQG4V9bXUAECoNs

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Some may debate these, but whatever (sorry, too lazy to look up their actual Twitter handles, but you should be able to find them pretty easily):

AJ Haefele, Nathan Rudolph, Evan Rawal (aka "The Mars Volchenkov" on here), are the DNVR crew. Drew Creasman is their Rockies beat writer and has become a new Avs fan this season. It's fun to get his perspective as well.

Aarif Dean and Ryan Boulding work for Mile High Sports.

Ryan S. Clark is probably the best writer out there covering the Avs. He works for The Athletic.

Mike Chambers still covers the Avs on behalf of the Denver Post. I forget who else does.

Rick Sadowski, I believe, has covered the Avs for the 2nd-longest amount of time, behind Adrian Dater. It's a shame he's been reduced to NHL.com spots and Hockeybuzz stuff since the Rocky Mountain News, I wish someone would find him a regular gig. He seemed heartbroken when the Rocky Mountain News was possibly coming back a few years ago and whatever initial plans to do so were quickly scuttled.

And we absolutely HATE Chambers

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
And we absolutely HATE Chambers

Yeah I really don't like Chambers, but I still follow him on Twitter.

I feel a bit conflicted about Frei and Dater. I'll just leave it at that, I don't wish to turn this thread into something else.

The rest of them though IMO are fantastic sources of information without question. There are a few good Avs fans out there worth a follow as well.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Avs needed **** teams like Buffalo and Sens to get it going. No such thing as losing tonight, even a close game isn't acceptable. We need to repeat what we've done with the Sabres. Get some confidence back.

I dunno what this is supposed to mean?

They've won 4 of the last 5, and gotten points in 6 of the last 7 including, and have scored 4 or more goals in all 6 of those wins.

Just because they lost one game after an 11 day break doesn't mean they lost all confidence. They're playing great lately.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm way more concerned about this game than the Sabres. Buffalo was already bad, and was absolutely devastated with injury/illness to boot. Ottawa on the other hand, is still a bad team in the midst of a rebuild but have played relatively well considering.

Put it this way--if they had somehow lost the Buffalo game I'd have been beyond furious. Dropping one tonight will be upsetting to be sure, but it ain't the end of the world.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
This Sens team works really, really hard. Lacking some high-end talent, but they bring the hard hats every night. Don't expect a Sabres-like rollover from the Senators.

5-3 Avs after we wake up in the 3rd period.

Reactions: McMetal

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Some may debate these, but whatever (sorry, too lazy to look up their actual Twitter handles, but you should be able to find them pretty easily):

AJ Haefele, Nathan Rudolph, Evan Rawal (aka "The Mars Volchenkov" on here), are the DNVR crew. Drew Creasman is their Rockies beat writer and has become a new Avs fan this season. It's fun to get his perspective as well.

Aarif Dean and Ryan Boulding work for Mile High Sports.

Ryan S. Clark is probably the best writer out there covering the Avs. He works for The Athletic.

Mike Chambers still covers the Avs on behalf of the Denver Post. I forget who else does.

Rick Sadowski, I believe, has covered the Avs for the 2nd-longest amount of time, behind Adrian Dater. It's a shame he's been reduced to NHL.com spots and Hockeybuzz stuff since the Rocky Mountain News, I wish someone would find him a regular gig. He seemed heartbroken when the Rocky Mountain News was possibly coming back a few years ago and whatever initial plans to do so were quickly scuttled.

Chris Miceli runs the "Locked On Avalanche" podcast (and he has an account on here as well). Tigervixxxen is here from time to time, she and the Burgundy Rainbow/Burgundy Radio crew do some great work delving into prospects and other areas you might not normally see elsewhere.

And of course, there are Terry Frei and Adrian Dater, who both lost their gigs at Post under rather ignominious circumstances. I still follow both, others can do what they will.

Jay Vean and his compatriot Tapeleg run the Avs fan podcast and created the whole #AvsTwitterPsychic hashtag which became a focal point of controversy lately.

Cheryl (Beachiesnowgirl is her Twitter handle) used to do stuff for Mile High Hockey.

Mile High Hockey is the SB Nation Avs site, it kinda fell off in recent years due to a huge fallout that resulted in a lot of contributors leaving and starting Burgundy Rainbow. But it's still around, and the Scott MacDonald guy who does content for them now seems like an a'ight guy.

Mile High Sticking is another site, I personally unfollowed them because I didn't care for their content. Again, do what you will.

He very well may be the best writer covering the Avs right now (and I mean that), but his Twitter game is f***ing WEAK as hell. It's almost annoying to follow him.

Reactions: Balthazar

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Honestly I don't know why you and other people get so worked up over his tweets. They don't bother me in the slightest.

Not that I "get worked up", rather it's a statement of opinion: he cycles through the same outdated jokes/cliches, under the guise of trying to be hip and funny, neither of which he is accomplishing.

It has no impact on his ability and skills as a writer, and I even said as much.

Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Not that I "get worked up", rather it's a statement of opinion: he cycles through the same outdated jokes/cliches, under the guise of trying to be hip and funny, neither of which he is accomplishing.
I wonder for how much longer he's going to post that cringy Mackinnon copy and paste when he scores a goal.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Honestly I don't know why you and other people get so worked up over his tweets. They don't bother me in the slightest.
Probably because we didn't lack having Avs writers posting immature content on Twitter? He sounds like a man in his late 30's trying to make friends with 15yo kids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad