Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Wasn't there a 93.3 or something at one point? I think my speed dials used to go
93.3 97.3 103.5 105.9 and 106.7....

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Wait, did Channel 93.3 (KTCL) go away now!?

But yeah, that was almost exactly my car radio setup in my teenage years. I also listened to a ton of 96.5 The Peak.

Ahhhh, forgot about the Peak!

Yeah, I haven't lived in Denver for somewhere around 12 years. KTCL might still be a thing.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Denver radio got kinda rough for me right before I moved away in 2010 (coming up on ten years...wow). Jack FM died, The Peak was changed to a Spanish music channel, leaving me with The Fox, KBPI, and 93.3, and the latter two were playing a lot of stuff I just didn't like because I was, well, old. The stations here in Lincoln aren't much better. Subscribed to Sirius XM a couple years back and haven't looked back since. I listen to NHL Radio mostly. :laugh:

Reactions: 5280

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Wait, did Channel 93.3 (KTCL) go away now!?

But yeah, that was almost exactly my car radio setup in my teenage years. I also listened to a ton of 96.5 The Peak.

The Peak was the best music station Denver's ever seen. I still have their 2 disc set from their in-studio performances. Legendary.

KTCL is still around - much more mainstream than they were though back in the day.

Reactions: Pokecheque

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
BSN is the best currently. Dater is very hit/miss, but AJ and Jesse are usually spot on as long as they dont add out about something non-hockey related.

Denver Post and Mile high Sticking are both pretty bad imo.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Man, I used to listen to KBPI all the time as a kid. Not for years though, the risk that I may hear Breaking Benjamin is too great.

If I listen to FM radio now, it's 103.1. Stand-up comedy clips 24/7, never gets old.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I remember in the interim between KBPI leaving 105.9 and Alice (uggggggghhh) taking over, they played nothing but movie clips. Apparently there really are radio stations out there that play audio clips from classic films and apparently they're pretty popular. Or at least they were back in the day, this was years before YouTube (or even the Internet) became a thing.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
LOL woooow.. That is ridiculous. I thought they were just going to have an option to subscribe and not see/hear ads but nope. They're in no way at a level where they can actually expect people to pay for this, they're not ESPN or The Athletic, they're a very very niche market and this will only drive people away imo. Do this in like 2, 3 years if things are looking really good, but not now.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Sucks to not get Evan's player grades, but lets face it the only thing of any value at BSN are their twitter feeds and podcasts.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Sucks to not get Evan's player grades, but lets face it the only thing of any value at BSN are their twitter feeds and podcasts.

Daters game day coverage was good at times. I always found it interesting that he'd put it in at the tail end of some other story though. It was pretty clear that some details just were not valued.

I'm hoping for an Athletic Denver soon too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad