News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part VI

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I would assume the players would have to agree to do it and wouldn't just be forced into.

If Mack agreed to do it I think it'd be cool to see some behind the scenes of just how much goes into his season and being the athlete that he is.
I agree that it would be cool, but I think it's more likely to be Makar that gets the nod. In a league that does a terrible job of marketing its stars, they would be smart to highlight him as much as possible. And since it sounds like they're only going to do 10-12 players, I think it's unlikely they'll select two from the same market.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It’s either that or a Tacoma. Know a few people with late 90s/early 00s trucks and they’re all Rangers and Tacomas (but I can’t keep straight who has which one) except for the one guy who will only drive Chevy’s
In the early 90's Toyota and Mazda had very cool small pickup trucks. Those were the shit.

Jy1HHU1.jpeg

iE7hOpq.jpeg

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
My first car was a 1973 VW SuperBeetle. Paid more to register the title than on the car itself. If you pulled up the floor mat in the back you could watch the pavement passing underneath. I had a 2x4 wedged up under the driver's seat to keep it wedged in place for a couple of months until I could get my hands on a welding machine and fix the floor properly.

Can't believe my folks were cool with me driving that thing at 14 but I suppose they were just happy that if I got in a wreck, it would be my own car and not theirs.

• Wow
Reactions: DanishAvsfan

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
My first car was a 1973 VW SuperBeetle. Paid more to register the title than on the car itself. If you pulled up the floor mat in the back you could watch the pavement passing underneath. I had a 2x4 wedged up under the driver's seat to keep it wedged in place for a couple of months until I could get my hands on a welding machine and fix the floor properly.

Can't believe my folks were cool with me driving that thing at 14 but I suppose they were just happy that if I got in a wreck, it would be my own car and not theirs.
I wasn’t going to tease you about your age but then you go and describe a car with some very Flintstonemobile attributes.

• Haha
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
I know Tacoma's are cliche, especially where I'm from, but man, I just love it. It's not an absolute hog like the Tundra's or F150/250's of the world and affords tremendous flexibility with the truck bed (stinky hockey gear, golf clubs, helping friends move, etc.). It's perfect for my lifestyle even though I don't probably require the use of a truck 50% of the time. It's also phenomenally built and as others have said, incredibly durable with VERY good resale value.

Reactions: MaKarter

James G

Jan 1, 2018
I said “you’re not wrong”. Crossovers are indeed the largest segment. And I’m not wrong about the top 3 selling makes of vehicles sold in the US. A simple google search will confirm it. I think a big difference in perception amongst Europe and NA is small mini cars (think Audi A1 etc) is simply not even offered in the NA market, while the top 3 sellers are pick up trucks. (Don’t confuse the above link stating the top 3 makes “in the crossover segment” with the top 3 makes sold nationwide). Back to hockey.

Last edited:

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
This blackout on media just pisses me off in so many ways. Spent some time with a friend in SLC and local sports is on free TV. And he has Fubo too just for other sports and they don't have TBS or TNT. So the whole just get Fubo and watch Altitude is more bullshit, you'd get cut out of playoff games as well as March Madness. KSE needs to stop the bullshit about how they don't have control over this and get the teams on air. There are no good solutions for Denver sports fans and you're the problem.

Reactions: Pokecheque

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
I know Tacoma's are cliche, especially where I'm from, but man, I just love it. It's not an absolute hog like the Tundra's or F150/250's of the world and affords tremendous flexibility with the truck bed (stinky hockey gear, golf clubs, helping friends move, etc.). It's perfect for my lifestyle even though I don't probably require the use of a truck 50% of the time. It's also phenomenally built and as others have said, incredibly durable with VERY good resale value.

We have a 2001 Tacoma with 294k miles. That thing just will not die. I still get tons of compliments about it too! Small, practical, reliable trucks make a lot sense...

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I did not realize Meghan Angley from DNVR was like a supermodel. Wowee. I only know of her from a couple appearances on the PDO case (where all she does is read from a script instead of having an engaged conversation, and it's awkward to listen to), but now I see why Dmitri Filipovic likes having her on lol.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I did not realize Meghan Angley from DNVR was like a supermodel. Wowee. I only know of her from a couple appearances on the PDO case (where all she does is read from a script instead of having an engaged conversation, and it's awkward to listen to), but now I see why Dmitri Filipovic likes having her on lol.
You say she's reading from a script but I'm sure that she wrote that script and knows what she's talking about...like when she's on the DNVR podcast after a game she has tons of notes and knows every detail. She's also knows the AHL..you can tell she's a hard worker.

It does sound like she lacks confidence when she engages with other people on the podcast though. I don't think she's intimidated but it kinda sounds like it. Hopefully this will change over time unless she plans on becoming a full time writer.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
You say she's reading from a script but I'm sure that she wrote that script and knows what she's talking about...like when she's on the DNVR podcast after a game she has tons of notes and knows every detail. She's also knows the AHL..you can tell she's a hard worker.

It does sound like she lacks confidence when she engages with other people on the podcast though. I don't think she's intimidated but it kinda sounds like it. Hopefully this will change over time unless she plans on becoming a full time writer.
You're right, maybe I was a bit harsh. The content of what she was saying was fine, it was just kind of an awkward listen because usually the podcasts are more free-flowing. She wasn't really reacting to the questions or comments being made to her. I've never listened to her on DNVR podcast. I stopped listening to that a long time ago.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022

mine was a 1984 Chevy chevette I didn’t care then and I don’t care now, cars are a tool to get me between a and b preferably as cheap as possible. I have other things I like to put my money towards

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
mine was a 1984 Chevy chevette I didn’t care then and I don’t care now, cars are a tool to get me between a and b preferably as cheap as possible. I have other things I like to put my money towards
Yeah, I actually ended up buying a new car when I enlisted in the Navy and did the whole keep it looking great every weekend thing. But battling the pigeons trying to dive bomb freshly washed and waxed vehicles just became a non-stop chore. I ended up selling it and bought a beater Bronco that lasted me until I got out.

• Love
Reactions: lionsDen

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Yeah, I actually ended up buying a new car when I enlisted in the Navy and did the whole keep it looking great every weekend thing. But battling the pigeons trying to dive bomb freshly washed and waxed vehicles just became a non-stop chore. I ended up selling it and bought a beater Bronco that lasted me until I got out.
Just to be clear everything after what my first car was just me ranting and having word vomit.
I have a love hate relationships with cars

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad