Favoite Music Artist(s): Nirvana, DMX, XXXtencion, 6lack, Chris Echols
Favorite TV show: Blacklist, Bones, Futurama, South Park
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): I'm a movie person, not a book person
Favorite Av: Makar
Favorite Ex-Av: Foppa
Favorite non-Av: Crosby.
Next or other favorite team:
none. I only like my hometown Colorado teams. The rest don't matter
How else is hockey in your life?: I turned my mother who is 72 into a mega Avs fan. She went crazy buying stuff after we won.
Favorite Av moment: at the mall back in the day and they had the rookies lineup to sign autographs. Drury and Hejduk were there and I had to keep repeating my name to Hejduk on my name. I guess Lisa is tough as he probably wasn't fluent when we drafted him. So signed my 8x10 photo. To Lasa. Love it
How and when did you become an Av fan?: I live in Colorado who else am I gonna cheer for? I been here since I was 3. So all I know is the Colorado avalanche.

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
Name: Perttu
Favoite Music Artist(s): The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen
Favorite TV show: Twin Peaks, Stranger Things
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Biographies
Favorite Av: Makar, MacKinnon, Mikko
Favorite Ex-Av: Foppa, Joe, Roy (had those three in posters on my wall next to the Gn'R and Metallica ones)
Favorite non-Av: Jari Kurri (ok he was an Av for that while, hence my avatar)
Next or other favorite team: KalPa Kuopio, Leijonat (Team FIN)
How else is hockey in your life?: Never played in my youth except for pond hockey / pipolätkä but for the first time ever put on hockey gear in 2018 in my late 30's and started playing for fun. Our rock n roll beer league team is called RockSurfers. We rule LOL!
Favorite Av moment: The Cups of course, but seeing the Avs in person here in Finland last Friday 04.11.2022 with Mikko casually executing a hat trick and leaving Patu Laine in his shadow was a recent super-high!
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Since day one. I was a teenager but there was something magical in the Avs when they came to the league. Forsberg especially immediately caught my attention, and I happened to be on a holiday trip to the states and watched them clinch the first cup live in a hotel room in NYC. There's been no turning back.

That's me. Last Friday in the Avs - 'lumbus game. True lifetime hockey highlight to be there!

IMG_20221104_221301~2.jpg

Last edited:

TheGrimReaper

ten years gone
Aug 20, 2020
gallows pole
Name: Randy
Favorite Artists: 60's-70's British Invasion , too many to list
Favorite TV Series: Faulty Towers
Favorite Av : MacKinnon
Favorite Ex Av : Roy / Sakic
Favorite Non Av : Ken Dryden
Other Fav Team: Sabres
Life in Hockey : Played for years on beer leagues and outdoor ponds
Favorite Av Moment : Aside from the championships and the three trips my wife and I took to Denver from Niagara Falls , Ontario , would be the time ( 2nd trip) we parked @ the Pepsi Centre out back and proceeded toward the barn , Me being the navigator in the party thought I spotted a short cut , so we headed into this fenced area only to be told we couldn't exit from there by non other than Milan Hejduk who had just parked his SUV LOL.
How I Became an Avalanche Fan: For years I was a habs fan because of Ken Dryden ( also my nana bought me a montreal jersey for my 5th Christmas) then later Roy , when that fateful day came to be I left with Patrick and never looked back.

Me @ The Blue Sky Grill with Chef Winston back in '09
DSC00465.jpg

Last edited:

jani

Oct 15, 2023
Name: Jani
Favorite Av : Outside of the star players, it's clearly LOC
Favorite Ex Av : Foppa
Favorite Non Av : Barkov
Other Fav Team: Panthers
Life in Hockey : I played junior hockey for a few years locally as an offensive D with decent success. I've been following my local team(s) and the NHL on and off from that point forward.
Favorite Av Moment : Outside of three Stanley Cup wins, watching all the playoff runs in the 2020's and seeing the current core grow.
How I Became an Avalanche Fan: Pretty much when the org moved to Denver. I was very young back then and I can't remember why I became a fan specifically - probably just because it was a new team. My fanship grew as I got more familiar with the players, stars and grinders alike.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00