Colorado Avalanche Board Fan Biographies

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Name: Kyle
City: Loveland, Colorado
Occupation: IT and Library Technician at Aims Community College
Favoite Music Artist(s): The Midnight, Anathema, Devin Townsend, Timecop1983, Dayshell, Spor, Aeph, High Contrast (Basically a lot of EDM and Metal)
Favorite TV show: Man in the High Castle, Stargate SG-1, Star Trek TNG, X-Files, Supernatural, IASIP
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Neal Stephenson, Brandon Sanderson, Douglas Adams, China Miéville (way too many to list)
Favorite Av: Gabriel Landeskog, Mikko Rantanen
Favorite Ex-Av: Milan Hejduk, Valeri Kamensky
Favorite non-Av: Leon Draisaitl, Artemi Panarin, Jaccob Slavin
Next or other favorite team: Carolina Hurricanes
How else is hockey in your life?: Played a bit when I was younger and hope to get back into a beer league when I get the chance. Been forever since I skated and I have terrible ankles, but my drive to play hockey keeps pushing me towards it.
Favorite Av moment: 1999 playoffs. Beating the Red Wings in 5 games. I still hate the Wings.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: I was 9 years old when the Nordiques moved to Colorado. Having a hockey team of my own and falling in love with the game, I became a rabid hockey fan. Winning it all in their first year hooked me completely.

Reactions: BoneCherry

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Name: Sean
City: Philadelphia, PA
Favoite Music Artist(s): The Avett Brothers
Favorite TV show: Breaking Bad
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): don't really have a favorite
Favorite Av: Mackinnon
Favorite Ex-Av: Sakic
Favorite non-Av: Kaapo Kakko
Next or other favorite team: NYR
How else is hockey in your life?: I play Dek every week
Favorite Av moment: Being drafted into bandwagon fanhood yesterday.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Yesterday, by bandwagon draft

maximusmeyer

Apr 19, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Name: Joel
City: Vancouver, BC
Favoite Music Artist(s): The Smiths
Favorite TV show: Deadwood
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Thomas Mann, Hermann Hesse, Fyodor Dostoevsky
Favorite Av: Landeskog
Favorite Ex-Av: Roy, Krupp
Favorite non-Av: Bergeron
Next or other favorite team: Canucks
How else is hockey in your life?: Was a Grade A floor hockey goalie when I was younger, now I just play pick-up soccer
Favorite Av moment: Patrick kicking the shit out of Mike Vernon; Bourque lifting our cup
How and when did you become an Av fan?: When I was a kid in 1996, watching the Avs (seven-year-old me loved their uniforms) cruise through the playoffs on our black & white TV which only picked up CBC

unpopular

May 14, 2019
vengabus
sup y'aww

Name:
unpop
City: minneapolis
Favoite Music Artist(s): animal collective, wand, danny brown
Favorite TV show: tuca & bertie
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): e.e. cummings, thomas pynchon
Favorite Av: big zaddy
Favorite Ex-Av: roy (the player)
Favorite non-Av: everyone else is dead to me. also roberto luongo
Next or other favorite team: flyers
How else is hockey in your life?: i can barely ice skate and i used to rip chel but those days are behind me
Favorite Av moment: blake comeau passing on a breakaway
How and when did you become an Av fan?: liked their jersey colors in nhl 99 and they were the best team. also patrick roy

Ryan Pat80

Mar 16, 2019
Colorado Springs
Name: Ryan
Favorite Music Artist: The Movement, Dirty Heads, Eminem
Favorite TV show: It's Always Sunny, The Office, American Horror Story
Favorite Book: Anything hockey
Favorite Avs: MacKinnon, Rantanan
Favorite Ex-Avs: Forsberg, Krupp, RoR
Favorite non-Av: McDavid
Next favorite team: Kings. Played with Trevor Lewis playing Midget AAA.
Favorite Av moment: Avalanche Stanley Cup win in 1996
How and when did you become an Avs fan: When they moved to CO.
How and When Did You Become a hockey fan:
When I met Craig Janney. His family was close to my dad and he visited us on my birthday when he was on Team USA in 88.
Position: LW
Shoots: Left

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Thought I had already done one of these

Name: Derek
City: Fresno, CA
Favoite Music Artist(s): Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Gojira, Testament, Exodus, Tatu
Favorite TV show: Married with Children, Dragon Ball/Z/Super
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s):
Favorite Av: MacKinnon, Zadorov
Favorite Ex-Av: Peter Forsberg, Valeri Kamensky
Favorite non-Av: Jagr, ROR
Next or other favorite team: Caps
How else is hockey in your life?: Do video games count
Favorite Av moment: 01 game 7 finals
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Played NHL Faceoff 97 with my cousin and asked who was good.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I added a few... :)

Name:Tom
Favoite Music Artist(s): Peter Gabriel, Stone Temple Pilots, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Jellyfish, Metallica
Favorite TV show: Six Feet Under
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Rudyard Kipling and "The Jungle Book" will always hold a special place in my heart. Also enjoy Edgar Rice Burroughs, both his Martian adventures and the Tarzan books.
Favorite Av: Karlis Skrastins, Paul Kariya
Favorite Ex-Av: Ray Bourque
Favorite non-Av: Jaroslav Spacek
Next or other favorite team: Boston Bruins, Atlanta Thrashers, Columbus Blue Jackets, New York Rangers. In that order.
How else is hockey in your life?: I grew up playing it, from the time I was 5 until I was 16. Had to give it up after undergoing major back surgery. Coached for a couple years afterward but I just can't stand hockey parents. Someday I'll take to the ice again in some capacity.
Favorite Av moment: There was no more shocking moment to me than when my favorite all-time player, Raymond Jean Bourque, was traded here. My father and all my friends knew how stunned and delighted I'd be and called me up to make sure I knew the news. During the whole trade talk fiasco I was convinced he'd be traded to the dreaded Flyers. Ray actually winning the Cup is a very, very close second...
LEAST favorite Av moment: The firing of Bob Hartley. Though I still feel it was a move Lacroix had to make, and made a great situation for Atlanta, Hartley was a great personality here in the Denver Metro Area, a great coach and a great guy. He deserved better, FAR better than this. I still miss his witty banter on the weekly coach's show on AM950 The Fan.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Grew up a Bruins fan, mainly b/c of Ray, but when the Avs came here, I of course rooted for them!
Shoots: Right
Position: Defense

Good Lord, how times have changed. Those were my favorite Avs!?!? :laugh:

I think I can update a few of those, especially the "Least favorite Av moment."

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
Name: Étienne
City: Gatineau,Quebec,Canada
Favoite Music Artist(s): A lot of music from Quebec (You guys don't know them haha)
Favorite TV show: The Office
Favorite Av: Gabriel Landeskog and Sammy G
Favorite Ex-Av: Adam Foote and Foppa
Favorite non-Av: Max Domi, Ovy.
Next or other favorite team: I follow the Habs a lot since I live in QC.
How else is hockey in your life?: Played a bit when I was younger and I play a lot during winter now that I've retired from Football.
Favorite Av moment: Probably a recency bias but when the Avs won vs the Blues on game 82 was special. I've started following the Avs in 2003 but I was 5 living in QC so no acces to the games expect the games VS Canadian teams.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: When I was 6 because of Patrick Roy (First game I watched was his last game vs the Mild). After I watched them play I fell in love with them and here we are 16 years later :).

*Sorry for my below average english*

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Name: Étienne
City: Gatineau,Quebec,Canada
Favoite Music Artist(s): A lot of music from Quebec (You guys don't know them haha)
Favorite TV show: The Office
Favorite Av:
Gabriel Landeskog and Sammy G
Favorite Ex-Av: Adam Foote and Foppa
Favorite non-Av: Max Domi, Ovy.
Next or other favorite team: I follow the Habs a lot since I live in QC.
How else is hockey in your life?: Played a bit when I was younger and I play a lot during winter now that I've retired from Football.
Favorite Av moment: Probably a recency bias but when the Avs won vs the Blues on game 82 was special. I've started following the Avs in 2003 but I was 5 living in QC so no acces to the games expect the games VS Canadian teams.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: When I was 6 because of Patrick Roy (First game I watched was his last game vs the Mild). After I watched them play I fell in love with them and here we are 16 years later :).

*Sorry for my below average english*

Go post some good Quebec music in the Avalounge. Maybe we'll like it.

Moredhel

Oct 25, 2019
Netherlands
Name: Justin
Favoite Music Artist(s): Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Kingdom Come, KISS, Motley Crüe, WASP, Iced Earth, Dimmu Borgir, Lantlôs, Cradle of Filth, and lots of other bands
Favorite TV show: The Wire, Family Guy, American Dad, Southpark, The IT Crowd, Lucifer, Scrubs, True Blood, Blackadder, Firefly, Game of Thrones, VIkings, Brooklyn Nine Nine, Band of Brothers, Gotham
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): R.A. Salvatore, Raymond E. Feist, J.R.R. Tolkien, Terry Goodkind, George R. R. Martin, Dan Simmons, Peter Hamilton
Favorite Av: currently Landeskog and MacKinnon
Favorite Ex-Av: Forsberg, Sakic, Hejduk, Roy, Foote, Deadmarsh, Duchene (I was surprised when he got traded mid-game!)
Favorite non-Av: Gretzky
Next or other favorite team: huge fan of FC Twente (football/soccer)
How else is hockey in your life?: it's not. There are a handful of Dutch hockey teams, but I don't follow them at all
Favorite Av moment: the two Cup wins, and generally just being able to see our boys play at a decent time, like last night @ Vegas, and last week @ Tampa
How and when did you become an Av fan?: 1997. I bought NHL '98 for the computer, it had Forsberg on the cover. I loved his name, thought the Avs logo was really cool, and Forsberg's number is my favorite number. Besides, Avalanche is a kick-ass word :)

Last edited:

Locked On Avalanche

Jan 30, 2020
Name: Chris
Occupation: Full time job is a substance abuse clinician, but I also podcast and have a show about the Avalanche
Favoite Music Artist(s): Audioslave, Soundgarden, REM, Pearl Jam, Mars Volta, Ghost
Favorite TV show: Anything true crime. Breaking Bad.
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): The Subtle Art of Not Giving a f***.
Favorite Av: Current: Mikko Rantanen. All-Time: Peter Forsberg
Favorite Ex-Av: Paul Stasny
Favorite non-Av: Henrik
Next or other favorite team: NY Rangers
How else is hockey in your life: Doing a daily podcast about the Colorado Avalanche is a passion of mine. Having two little kids has severely cut down on my own ice time
Favorite Av moment: So many to choose from, but the game of pile on when they beat St. Louis to get into the playoffs a year after the worst season ever is difficult to top
How and when did you become an Av fan? I was always a Denver Broncos fan and never really had a favorite hockey team despite my father being a Rangers fan. I liked watching them but never felt a connection with them. Once Quebec moved to Denver and already being a Broncos fan, it made my decision pretty easy

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
Name: Jordan
Relationship Status: Married
Favoite Music: Anything but punk rock and new style country
Favorite TV Show: The Blacklist, The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad and Drugs Inc.
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Rich dad, poor dad
Favorite Av: Current: Cale Makar/ MacKinnon
All-Time: Joe Sakic
Favorite Ex-Av: Duchene
Favorite non-Av: Marchand
Next or other favorite team: Tampa Bay

How else is hockey in your life: Sports betting and living in the true North arguing with Jets and Leaf fans daily
Favorite Av moment: Roy pushing over the bench divider telling Bruce to go F**k himself after blowing out the Ducks.

How and when did you become an Av fan? When I was 6 years old I started watching hockey with my step dad who is a Detroit fan...and the rest is history

Least favourite AV moment: Waking up as a kid and hearing sports center announce that Joe Sakic has decided to retire from hockey

Position: D

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
Name: Carter
Relationship status: Married (Jan2020)

Favorite music: Jazz Soul Classics
Favorite TV Show: MLB tonight, Cooking channels.
Favorite Book: Sports articles?
Favorite AVS: Cale Makar, Nate MacKinnon, Mikko Rantanen

Favorite Former AVS: Super Joe, Peter the Great, Save BY ROY, Ryan O'Reilly

Favorite NON AV: Quinn Hughes
Next Favorite Team: Florida Panthers
Least Favorite Team: Minnesota Wild

How else is hockey in your life? I grew up playing roller hockey in my driveway for hours. Only played one official season of roller hockey at a local indoor soccer/hockey facility. I loved watching Colorado sports teams with my dad, including Avalanche hockey. I vividly remember listening to playoff AVS hockey on the radio in his car and was always excited when we would get to go to the Pepsi Center.

I grew up going to Colorado Eagles games. Wow there were some exciting games as the Eagles seemed to dominate any league they were in.

Favorite AVS moment: 2001 Stanley Cup

How did I end up on HFBoards? I found HFBoards when the AVS traded Matt Duchene and I wanted to learn as much as I could about the players we received. I googled headlines to find as many articles as I could. I didn't even know there was a wonderful place that people discussed and provided Avalanche content that I love. I read the boards for a long time before I actually joined.

Position: Defensive Back on the football field, would love to try to be Cale Makar D man in a roller beer league.

Last edited:

Thghtfulshadow

Respect the Viking!
Jan 8, 2011
Massachusetts
Name: Aron
Relationship Status: Married
Favorite Music: Garth Brooks, Brantley Gilbert, Panic at the Disco, Coheed, and Cambria,
Favorite TV Show: Alone, Survivorman
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Rich dad, poor dad
Favorite Av: Current: Cale Makar/Frankie
All-Time: Patrick Roy
Favorite Ex-Av: Duchene
Favorite non-Av: Carey Price
Next or other favorite teams: Montreal

How else is hockey in your life: Played 2/3 times a week in a beer league in San Diego before moving to Mass. Enjoy playing in tournaments in Vegas or Placid or really anywhere.
Favorite Av moment: Bourque lifting the cup!

How and when did you become an Av fan? When the Avs moved to Colorado

Least favorite AV moment: When Patrick Roy retired.

Position: Goalie

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Guess I should do 1 of these, if im joining the playoff bandwagon :)

Name: Joey
Favoite Music Artist(s): Any grunge, any punk, billy joel, Michael Buble, jeff buckley
Favorite TV show: Peaky Blinders
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Boring political books, sport books, and I just started reading "The Stormlight Archive" by Brandon Sanderson
Favorite Av: Not including a personal bias for Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne… I really like timmins as a prospect, kadri/makar prob my favorite on the actual roster(but who could not love watching mack play)
Favorite Ex-Av: Joe Sakic
Favorite non-Av/duck: All time: Brian Leetch, Currant: Matthew Tkachuk/Brad Marchand
Next or other favorite team: Anaheim Ducks, New York rangers, Calgary Flames, Carolina Hurricanes but I watch pretty much any hockey.
How else is hockey in your life?: Played from 5-24... stopped playing after a knee injury and a couple concussions … my son plays now, and I enjoy being able to watch him and help him learn.
Favorite Av moment: Im going to cheat here, but I was at the game where teemu played his last game in Anaheim(or regular season)… and when he was doing his lap he pulled Giguere out to take a lap with him... obviously both players were a huge part of my upbringing as a duck fan(and both played for avs), but I thought it was a very classy gesture by Teemu and an awesome sight to see in person.
LEAST favorite Av moment: When Patrick Roy pushed the divider glass on the ducks bench... poor innocent corey perry.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Ducks suck right now and couldn't make an expanded playoff format so I needed to find a team to make my home team for this playoff run... I really enjoy their play style, and the overall build of the team... lot of talent on the current roster, and a lot of talent coming up in the near future... should be a very scary team over the next decade or so.
Position: Center(sometimes defense)

Psycho Mantis

Jul 29, 2020
Like a lot of people here, I lurked for a long time before joining. I LOVE THIS TEAM AND I LOVE THAT YOU ALL LOVE THIS TEAM. I am a little more like SeaEagles so I apologize for my optimism if it seems out of place when compared to the sarcasm that fills HFAvs. I promise to try my best not to get triggered and will try not to say too many nice things about Jost even though I love the kid.

Thank you all for your contributions to the board and I appreciate all of your opinions even when they are wrong. ;)

Name: Thackery
Occupation: Home Theater and Smart Home installer, but just quit to be a full time student.

Favorite Music or Music Artist(s): All kinds. Please send me recommendations if you have any. I have been listening to Tycho, Sigur Rós, Norah Jones, Andrea Bocelli and Billy Talent recently.

Favorite TV shows: Full Metal Alchemist, Community, Psych, too many to list. Just finished Maniac and Chernobyl and they were fantastic.

Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): I mostly read for academic purposes rather than pleasure. I have a hard time paying attention while I read because my mind wonders, but I’d love any recommendations you all may have.

Favorite Av: Do I have to pick one? I’ll say Jost to be different and have to change it once he leaves this offseason.

Favorite Ex-Av: Peter Forsberg. He’s the reason my favorite number is 21 and all of my friends and family who know nothing about hockey, know about him because I never shut up about him when I was younger.

Favorite non-Avs: Martin Necas and Seth Jones.

Next or other favorite team: I can appreciate a lot of things about other teams, but I do pay attention to the Canes more than I should.

How else is hockey in your life?: I grew up poor so my parents couldn’t afford to put in me hockey. I used any sticks or golf clubs I could find to hit a ball around while wearing old rollerblades that were given to me as a kid. I mowed lawns and bought a street hockey stick and used that thing until it fell apart.
Now I’m learning to ice skate and would love to play in a rec league one day. Doubt it happens since I am learning so late in life. That won’t stop me from trying though.

Favorite Av moment(s): There’s too many to choose one. But for the sake of this thread I’ll say I loved watching the Red Wings and Avs play as a kid and those memories will always stay with me. I also love when Zadorov smashes people, but he hasn’t been doing it recently and that makes me sad.

How and when did you become an Av fan?: When they moved to Colorado. I remember playing Wayne Gretzky Hockey and the NHLPA All-Stars for the Super Nintendo as a kid and always chose them, don’t really know why. It just stuck from there.

Look forward to discussing this team with all of you.

Last edited:

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Still haven't done this yet, so here it goes:

Name:
Taylor
Occupation: I make cheese. Well, I work as a process engineer for a company that makes cheese.
Favoite Music Artist(s): I like all types of music that are instrumental (not a fan of EDM or rap). I liked a lot of rock as a kid. Now I'm more into Alternative, Bluegrass, and Country/Americana. Lucero, Devil Makes Three, Mumford, A7x, Counting Crows, Coheed and Cambria, and Rebelution to name a few.
Favorite TV show: South Park, Always Sunny, Seinfeld, The Office (before Michael left), and Jeopardy!
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): I like historical nonfiction books and classic fiction. Erik Larson and David McCullough are great.
Favorite Av: It changes every year
Favorite Ex-Av: Joe Sakic (does that count?)
Favorite non-Av: I cheer for all of the former Miami University players (Class of 2010). I lived down the hall from Alec Martinez my sophomore year, really nice guy. Blake Coleman and Reilly Smith are other favorites.
Next or other favorite team: Miami Redhawks, Kansas City Royals, Kansas Jayhawks, Sporting KC, Fulham FC.
How else is hockey in your life: I was a referee in college to pay for beer. I wish I could play more these days, but I travel a lot for work, so it makes a rec league schedule tough.
Favorite Av moment: Winning a radio contest for a trip to Nashville to see the Avs and having a drinks at Tootsie's with Lauren Gardner (and Moser). Moser really is an awesome guy; he got us into morning skate the next day.
How and when did you become an Av fan? I've always been a hockey fan, but I grew up in Kansas City, and we didn't have an NHL team. I always kinda cheered for the Avs, but I wasn't a diehard fan until I moved to Denver after college in 2010.

Hobbies (added): I love mountain climbing and skiing. I finished all of the Colorado 14ers back in 2016, and I'm working my way through the 13ers (130 of 584). I also play a lot of poker as a side hustle.

Position: D

Last edited:

BigCKU

Aug 16, 2020
Name: Kyle
Favoite Music Artist(s): Hard Rock, Metal, some country, 80s and 90s music.
Favorite TV show: I don’t watch much TV now with kids. Used to watch South Park and Game of Thrones. Now anything I watch is what my wife watches and it’s usually a binge watch.
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Science fiction books are my favorite. Liked ASOIAF books, liked the Eragon book series. Haven’t read much the last 10 years.
Favorite Av: MacKinnon
Favorite Ex-Av: Forsberg
Favorite non-Av: Barzal
Next or other favorite team: Kansas Jayhawks basketball and football, Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bulls, and Seattle Mariners.
How else is hockey in your life: Nothing outside of watching it. Hoping to get my son into the sport though.
Favorite Av moment: Hoisting the cup in 2001. Was barely a fan when I saw them win it in 1996. 2001 was unforgettable. Favorite game was game 6 domination in NJ.
How and when did you become an Av fan? Became a fan in 96. Was 9-10 at the time. I had just started to really get into all sports the previous year. Watched Avs win the cup in 96 and cheered for them but didn’t become a bigger fan until I started watching more of their games on FS1. At that time FS1 in Wichita showed Avs and Nuggets games. After the lockout, Avs games stopped playing on FS1 and barely any Avs games are ever shown on National TV. I have only really been able to watch Avs games during the playoffs the last 15 years. Discovered this site earlier this year and finally joined a couple weeks ago. Hoping more Avs games are shown on National TV going forward but I doubt it.

JudoKoala

The Ghost of Joe Sacco
Aug 10, 2020
Toronto
May as well throw my hat in! I used to peruse HFB all the time when I was younger, and only recently thought to come back and be active again...

Name: Tim
Occupation: PR and communications in the eSports & gaming industry
Favorite Music Artist(s): Radiohead, The Blood Brothers
Favorite TV show: The Leftovers, Six Feet Under, Seinfeld, The Simpsons seasons 1-9
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): David Foster Wallace
Favorite Av: Nathan MacKinnon
Favorite non-Av: Tie Domi or Georges Laraque
Next or other favorite team: Montreal Canadiens
How else is hockey in your life: As of now? Not really at all. But one of my favourite sets of memories is when I would play for hours on end on a local backyard rink up in Sudbury, Ontario, as a young boy and teenager, surrounded by the trees and the snow. Nothing beats Northern Ontario winters. Nothing!
Favorite Av moment: Sakic passing the Cup to Bourque.
How and when did you become an Av fan? Around 1997 or 1998, walking through a sporting goods store w my parents, spotting what was, at the time, Colorado's home jersey, falling in love with it, putting it on my Christmas list that year, getting it for Christmas, putting it on immediately and wearing it until I fell asleep in bed with it -- thus, a diehard fan was born.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
May as well throw my hat in! I used to peruse HFB all the time when I was younger, and only recently thought to come back and be active again...

Name: Tim
Occupation: PR and communications in the eSports & gaming industry
Favorite Music Artist(s): Radiohead, The Blood Brothers
Favorite TV show: The Leftovers, Six Feet Under, Seinfeld, The Simpsons seasons 1-9
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): David Foster Wallace
Favorite Av: Nathan MacKinnon
Favorite non-Av: Tie Domi or Georges Laraque
Next or other favorite team: Montreal Canadiens
How else is hockey in your life: As of now? Not really at all. But one of my favourite sets of memories is when I would play for hours on end on a local backyard rink up in Sudbury, Ontario, as a young boy and teenager, surrounded by the trees and the snow. Nothing beats Northern Ontario winters. Nothing!
Favorite Av moment: Sakic passing the Cup to Bourque.
How and when did you become an Av fan? Around 1997 or 1998, walking through a sporting goods store w my parents, spotting what was, at the time, Colorado's home jersey, falling in love with it, putting it on my Christmas list that year, getting it for Christmas, putting it on immediately and wearing it until I fell asleep in bed with it -- thus, a diehard fan was born.

Welcome! We might get some good conversations about esports!

Reactions: JudoKoala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->