GDT: Colorado at Calgary 9/30/14 7pm MST l "Finding The Switch" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Redmond got 23 minutes so he was used as top pairing D. Wilson had 21 though. Roy just keeps making him try to happen. I don't think it's that easy. Good thing is Redmond has made it tough not to use him.

member 116861

I still don't understand how Elliott could be any worse than Wilson and Guenin. Roy needs to stop forcing Ryan Wilson on us. Just cut the damn guy.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Redmond got 23 minutes so he was used as top pairing D. Wilson had 21 though. Roy just keeps making him try to happen. I don't think it's that easy. Good thing is Redmond has made it tough not to use him.

I think Redmond has looked a good amount better than Holden did in camp last year as well. I bet he will learn and grow quite a bit under Roy and this staff as well.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I think there is some organizational loyalty towards Wilson. He used to be decent and he's a warrior. But he isn't very good anymore. Can't move, only hits with his ass and is out of position all the time.

I think the injuries slowed him down and the concussions screwed with his confidence so he's now ineffective. At least he managed to get a good contract before the problems started so he should be set for life.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
I think there is some organizational loyalty towards Wilson. He used to be decent and he's a warrior. But he isn't very good anymore. Can't move, only hits with his ass and is out of position all the time.

I think the injuries slowed him down and the concussions screwed with his confidence so he's now ineffective. At least he managed to get a good contract before the problems started so he should be set for life.

Agreed with this. His lateral mobility and first couple steps might be in the bottom 5 in the league. Hes that slow.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Quick thoughts.. might post more tomorrow;

Wilson is slow, needs to work on his foot work. Had a couple bad moments but overall was one of the better D tonight.

Everberg had a really bad first period, made a few minor mistakes and topped it off by falling into the boards with no assistance. Was noticeably better in the 2nd and 3rd.

Maggio hit everything in sight and was good all night.

Briere was invisible. All night. Could be a good thing and a bad thing for a 3rd liner.

Winchester had a couple bad penalties in the 1st and was not noticeable in the rest of the game (for me).

Redmond was quick and made some risky plays that turned out well. Didn't see anything bad from him tonight.

Siemens needs a year or 2 in the AHL.

Hishon was a little too fancy. Needs a full year in the AHL with a call up here and there.

Every shot taken tonight by anyone not named Talbot was terrible, how Hiller got the 1st star is beyond me.

If this was a regular season game everyone should be ready to jump. But it wasn't so I think we'll be okay. The guys sitting behind me think the Flames are actually better than the Avalanche...

Edit: Cliche also wasn't terrible tonight. If he was faster could have had 2 breakaways.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Okay, I was trying to make a little joke. You two are taking it too far by talking about Varly and EJ getting hurt. Those are things we do not joke about around here.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Turns out Winchester is injured. Cliche can breathe easy. Avs fans can't.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Turns out Winchester is injured. Cliche can breathe easy. Avs fans can't.

****ing Wideman. That was a cheap ass hit. Throwing a hip check into a guy chasing down the puck isn't battling for a loose puck. It's interference and a dangerous play.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
****ing Wideman. That was a cheap ass hit. Throwing a hip check into a guy chasing down the puck isn't battling for a loose puck. It's interference and a dangerous play.

Officiating is tough in the NHL. Things go both ways but the officials missed a few high sticks and call the Avs on a few chincey ones.

Hopefully they can somehow use live feed out of the GoPros for instant review between periods because the officials need some serious coaching on consistency.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Playing this many pre-season games is really stupid. I mean whats the point? just play like 3 pre-season games and get it over with.

Tons of injuries already through out the league because of so many pre-season games which means teams don't benefit from it, they actually suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad