Confirmed with Link: Colin white signed to ELC

ALP21

Mar 10, 2017
I wouldn't get too worked up over a -4 in Bingo. You have to do your job not everyone else's. So unless you can comment on how his defensive play was an issue ...It's not worth mentioning

Most of the defensemen in Bingo aren't very good, also fwiw one of St. John's 4 goals was an ENG.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
30547-Yeah-Mr-White-Breaking-Bad-gif-zuCR.gif

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
Dorion and Melnyk have to be the worst GM and Owner duo when it comes to public speaking.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Are you really this dense? Since the deadline we've lost our #1, #2, and #4 DMen to injury. Also, Dorion did acquire a defenceman.

Less LessRyanMoreDzingel, please.

And? either way we've always been one d-man injury away from a scrub like Boro to play in the top 4. who shouldn't even be in the NHL.

and big woop he got a defenceman that Boucher doesn't even trust enough to play.

instead of wasting assets and money on on a 4th liner like Burrows. Why didn't we get stone?

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Wideman-Stone
Claesson

but naaaaa what our gm thought we needed in his infinite wisdom was yet another offensively limited bottom six grinder.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
And? either way we've always been one d-man injury away from a scrub like Boro to play in the top 4. who shouldn't even be in the NHL.

and big woop he got a defenceman that Boucher doesn't even trust enough to play.

instead of wasting assets and money on on a 4th liner like Burrows. Why didn't we get stone?

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Wideman-Stone
Claesson

but naaaaa what our gm thought we needed in his infinite wisdom was yet another offensively limited bottom six grinder.

If you think Michael Stone is the saviour to losing 3 of our top 4 you're out of your mind.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Are you really this dense? Since the deadline we've lost our #1, #2, and #4 DMen to injury. Also, Dorion did acquire a defenceman.

Less LessRyanMoreDzingel, please.

Ok, so you are considering Jokipakka a guy brought in to somehow help this team? Fair enough...

So, Dorian couldn't see that we were 1 (ONE) injury away from playing Wideman/Boro in the top 4?

That seems like common sense that you'd want a guy who can fill in, as either of these guys in your top 4 is a hindrance to winning. Many were vocal about this before the season started.

Now, we have our 7th on the top pairing, and our 5th/6th making up our 2nd pair. You can't blame Dorian for all of that, nobody would have ever predicted we would see Boro/Claesson/Wideman/Jokipakka/Harper on the ice at the same time, that's just an incredibly bad string of luck, and what is essentially a deathwish at this point of the season.

But yes, I do blame our management for not addressing a glaring need in both the off-season and trade deadline. Obviously you don't plan for your whole top 4 to be injured, that's foolish, but you certainly, in my opinion, shouldn't be alright with being one injury away from Boro/Wideman in your top 4 and trying to make the playoffs.

This isn't hindsight, I/many others were clear and vocal about this before the season even started.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If you think Michael Stone is the saviour to losing 3 of our top 4 you're out of your mind.

It certainly wouldn't, no one plans for three top 4 injuries. I would have liked us to plan for one though.

For any person to look at our lineup and believe two bottom 6 wingers were more important than a #4/5 is out to lunch. Someone with very little knowledge in hockey should have been able to see that.

Obviously he may have been looking at one, who knows. But we should have been able to add one since July 2016.

What troubles me, is we may lose Methot next year, and I don't trust Dorian to not head into the season with:

Karlsson-Claesson
Ceci-Chabot
Wideman-Boro

And rinse and repeat all over again.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

he isn't the saviour but I sure as **** would rather him playing on the top pairing than any of the defenceman we have left.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Ok, so you are considering Jokipakka a guy brought in to somehow help this team? Fair enough...

So, Dorian couldn't see that we were 1 (ONE) injury away from playing Wideman/Boro in the top 4?

That seems like common sense that you'd want a guy who can fill in, as either of these guys in your top 4 is a hindrance to winning. Many were vocal about this before the season started.

Now, we have our 7th on the top pairing, and our 5th/6th making up our 2nd pair. You can't blame Dorian for all of that, nobody would have ever predicted we would see Boro/Claesson/Wideman/Jokipakka/Harper on the ice at the same time, that's just an incredibly bad string of luck, and what is essentially a deathwish at this point of the season.

But yes, I do blame our management for not addressing a glaring need in both the off-season and trade deadline. Obviously you don't plan for your whole top 4 to be injured, that's foolish, but you certainly, in my opinion, be alright with being one injury away from Boro/Wideman in your top 4 and trying to make the playoffs.

This isn't hindsight, I/many others were clear and vocal about this before the season even started.

If you don't think Boro/Wideman/Claesson/Joki is a fine set of options for the bottom pairing, thats a different matter. Personally, I'm fine with it. I think our D is fine. I don't think there is any glaring need except for in cases of bad injury luck.

You're talking about having five top 4 guys. I would love that, but that's not a glaring need. Our true "glaring need" is up front, IMO... we lack middle-end depth AND high end game breakers. Our D doesn't have those same issues. We have 3 or 4 bottom pairing guys and 4 top four guys.

Up front, we have 4-5 top 6ers, 2-4 third liners, and a bunch of bottom liners and should-be healthy's.

I'd love to have added Michael Stone, but I don't think adding him would have addressed a need that was apparent or to be reasonably expected at any time.

I just find it very ridiculous that Dorion is supposed to have expected this situation to unfold as it has, or to prepare for this unlikely situation that we find ourselves in (at least until Monday or Wednesday, when guys start coming back).

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If you don't think Boro/Wideman/Claesson/Joki is a fine set of options for the bottom pairing, thats a different matter. Personally, I'm fine with it. I think our D is fine. I don't think there is any glaring need except for in cases of bad injury luck.

You're talking about having five top 4 guys. I would love that, but that's not a glaring need. Our true "glaring need" is up front, IMO... we lack middle-end depth AND high end game breakers. Our D doesn't have those same issues. We have 3 or 4 bottom pairing guys and 4 top four guys.

Up front, we have 4-5 top 6ers, 2-4 third liners, and a bunch of bottom liners and should-be healthy's.

I'd love to have added Michael Stone, but I don't think adding him would have addressed a need that was apparent or to be reasonably expected at any time.

I'm not talking about having 5 top 4 guys, I'm talking about having someone who, in the case of an inevitable injury, has the ability to fill in. If you consider either Wideman or Boro to be of the caliber, I don't know what to say.

Ok, so our glaring need up is up front. Is this before or after we traded for 3 bottom line/healthies? Seems like trying to fix the titanic with gum.

Burrows - Playing like a healthy scratch right now
Wingles - Playing like a healthy scratch right now
Stalberg - Playing like a 3rd/4th line winger.

If Dorian saw these guys as fixes to our glaring needs, (hence trading for them) while being blind to what seems as the obvious needs, then I really, really don't know what to say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad