Player Discussion Colin Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Wilson hunted Miller specifically down, I didn`t see the game, did Miller do something prior to this that had Wilson angry or was this a case of him picking which player he thought he`d be able to pound and got a little surprise?

One of Jack or Brick made the comment that it might have spilled out of the AHL. That was the only thing I heard.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
thx Reggie, long memories, Miller surprisingly not bad in scraparoos

If you watch Miller closely (and I have), he's always one of the first guys to a teammate's aid and is heavily involved in the scrums. While it hadn't led to a fight until now, I wasn't surprised at al that he knew how to handle himself.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
It was an interesting fight to me. Not the normal exchange of lets get energy crap.

Miller was at him like Wilson had just insulted his wife or something. He reminded me a bit of Wayne Cashman. Not as good a fighter obviously and not my point. But Cash was known to completely snap, I mean nuts, every once and awhile .

Like Ralphie beating the snot out of the bully in a Christmas Story.

It reminded me of that.

:laugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If you watch Miller closely (and I have), he's always one of the first guys to a teammate's aid and is heavily involved in the scrums. While it hadn't led to a fight until now, I wasn't surprised at al that he knew how to handle himself.

I`ve liked his game for a while now, the 6-7 games prior to his injury he was one of the B`s most consistent performers, didn`t like his game as much prior to that because of what you mentioned in a way, he rarely hesitates if ever to get in the face of opponents if he feels a teammate has been wronged but I wasn`t seeing him play physically tough in front of his net and his puck decisions weren`t strong (he wasn`t/isn`t alone)

What I have seen over the last while is a guy who is making quick and smart decisions with the puck, before, he`d get the puck, not look, and just slap it around the boards

Really enjoying the kids game although admittedly I haven`t watched the last few B`s games as I required a mental break which bodes the question, why the he** if I needed a mental break would I come on here and post?:laugh:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
It was an interesting fight to me. Not the normal exchange of lets get energy crap.

Miller was at him like Wilson had just insulted his wife or something. He reminded me a bit of Wayne Cashman. Not as good a fighter obviously and not my point. But Cash was known to completely snap, I mean nuts, every once and awhile .

Like Ralphie beating the snot out of the bully in a Christmas Story.

It reminded me of that.

:laugh:

That's a great comparison :laugh:

Chiller really wanted to hammer the guy and he did. I loved it. :sueme:

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
So what did Miller flick at him with his stick? Ice?

I watched the replay on Hockey Fights and they are 1-2 seconds too late to see what happened...you'll see Colin's stick coming back from Wilson...did he flick ice or tap him on the back...can't tell, but there definitely was something that Wilson was responding to. Some subtle thing that Miller did to tick him off.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Even this anti-fighting dude can appreciate Colin's performance in that scrum. I'll justify it by saying he was defending himself.

But I've come to appreciate his other talents as he gains favor with Clode and regular ice time. Kid's got it all figured out, apparently.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
He's been really impressing me, enough to where I want him penciled into the lineup next year for sure.

Need offensive guys who are competent defensively with some physicality to their game.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
My favorite part of that clip may have been how quickly he retrieved the puck in his zone and passed to his partner before Wilson hit him. Right at the start of the clip.

Miller has really gained confidence this season. For me he's now the bona fide #6 going forward. When McAvoy comes we will officially no longer need McQuaid or Kevan, which is awesome because we just extended them!!! Yippee!!!! Oh wait...Vegas right? They'll want one of those guys, and the other one is an easy trade. Teams will be lined up.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
My favorite part of that clip may have been how quickly he retrieved the puck in his zone and passed to his partner before Wilson hit him. Right at the start of the clip.

Miller has really gained confidence this season. For me he's now the bona fide #6 going forward. When McAvoy comes we will officially no longer need McQuaid or Kevan, which is awesome because we just extended them!!! Yippee!!!! Oh wait...Vegas right? They'll want one of those guys, and the other one is an easy trade. Teams will be lined up.

The issue for me with Miller (Kevan) is health, not ability so much. If he could just stay on the ice the B's would have no problem moving him.

If that injury to Carlo is significant, Killer and Chiller will both have to step it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad