Player Discussion Colin Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Answer the question?

He did, and he's right. That is not sound logic.

Now I would rather have Colin and Morrow in but it isn't because of that logic.

Last year would you rather have Zboril or McQuaid? In a trade you'd want Zboril, on the ice in an NHL game definitely McQuaid.

HiyaGeorgii

Apr 6, 2016
That's kind of a silly argument. Colin and Morrow are cheaper and still have upside. Their trade value has nothing to do with who should be on the ice.

They are BETTER than 54 and 86, yet our coach decides to bench one or both on any given game night. That's my point.

HiyaGeorgii

Apr 6, 2016
He did, and he's right. That is not sound logic.

Now I would rather have Colin and Morrow in but it isn't because of that logic.

Last year would you rather have Zboril or McQuaid? In a trade you'd want Zboril, on the ice in an NHL game definitely McQuaid.

Who would you rather have playing nightly? Chiller and Morrow or McQ and Kevan? I'd take the first two, nightly, RIGHT NOW, tomorrow and next year.

How has the Bruins defense looked since his return?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I mean I literally answered that in the post you quoted.

My general point is that trade value =\= current performance at the NHL level. A player can have higher trade value but be an inferior player at the NHL level at the present. Like in my Zboril-McQuaid example.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Fwiw, I would agree that Miller had a good camp but he was rewarded for that- he played the first 15 games of the season. Heck, his first game of the year he was given 21 minutes. But he was -5 after just 3 games and did not look confident or sure of himself for most of the first half. The guy we're seeing now, looks confident!

Something has finally clicked for him these last 3 games and it's great to see. Fwiw, I'm a fan and I said before the season I thought he was going to breakout this year... let's hope he's really turned a corner mentally and that it's not just another flash point.

that's what i've seen as well. he's made some changes, he's processing the game better lately. and the play i really liked last night was in OT when he was D'ing up victor rask one-on-one. he played that perfectly and then dropped him on his ass for good measure to close off the play. good signs.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I would like to see all four playing together. You can make a two good D pairs of toughness and skills and size. Unfortunately for you Krug lovers he is the odd man out.

Yeah, sit the guy who is above all the others. Sound strategy.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
that's what i've seen as well. he's made some changes, he's processing the game better lately. and the play i really liked last night was in OT when he was D'ing up victor rask one-on-one. he played that perfectly and then dropped him on his ass for good measure to close off the play. good signs.

Good stuff - Miller has been solid. They better protect him

I like Victor Rask

I figured out the problem with the NHL last night watching this game - coaching. Both teams have quite a bit of talent but the players are programmed not to make a mistake and the coaches are all about defense

The players have never been more talented but it's a Reilly Nash/Adam McQuaid not Ryan Spooner/Colin Miller league

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

I like Victor Rask

I figured out the problem with the NHL last night watching this game - coaching. Both teams have quite a bit of talent but the players are programmed not to make a mistake and the coaches are all about defense

The players have never been more talented but it's a Reilly Nash/Adam McQuaid not Ryan Spooner/Colin Miller league

Look at what a year has done to 3 on 3. Much more patience shown by whichever team has the puck. Dont see much of the back and forths you saw early on.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

I like Victor Rask

i think they'd protect colin over kevan. seems like mcphee will have a lot to choose from when it comes to #4-type defensemen, so a guy like kevan might not be that attractive. the broons don't have much in the way of interesting options for vegas, so i would probably grab subban and hope he develops. at the same time, it's a good situation for sweeney - he can definitely add another good forward via trade and easily be able to protect him.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
i think they'd protect colin over kevan. seems like mcphee will have a lot to choose from when it comes to #4-type defensemen, so a guy like kevan might not be that attractive. the broons don't have much in the way of interesting options for vegas, so i would probably grab subban and hope he develops. at the same time, it's a good situation for sweeney - he can definitely add another good forward via trade and easily be able to protect him.

There will be plenty of goalies to choose from, too...and I think Zane gets chosen before Subban at this point, TBH. Agree you protect Colin over Kevan...and hope Vegas takes one of he and Quaider. I'm starting to hope Beleksey gets exposed. With all the left hand shots in the system, I think his $$$ will be better spent SOON...and Vegas very well may actually select Beleskey.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
There will be plenty of goalies to choose from, too...and I think Zane gets chosen before Subban at this point, TBH. Agree you protect Colin over Kevan...and hope Vegas takes one of he and Quaider. I'm starting to hope Beleksey gets exposed. With all the left hand shots in the system, I think his $$$ will be better spent SOON...and Vegas very well may actually select Beleskey.

Zane McIntyre is exempt

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
FYI - I took the opportunity to look at next season with the roster the way it is today and what Sweeney has to look forward to with expansion and the cap.

*Note, I used the 5% escalator and a stagnant (and slightly reduced revenue) when calculating the cap.

You can view and download here if you like https://1drv.ms/x/s!Ag_RmdZC_WeWhjC4xWWzcgaODY3o

With all the left shot wing talent near on the horizon, is the expose Beleskey idea crazy in your mind?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
With all the left shot wing talent near on the horizon, is the expose Beleskey idea crazy in your mind?

If I had any inclination on what Sweeney is thinking, I could answer that.

I guess if dumping one of Hayes/McQuaid/Miller/Beleskey's contract is the goal, you could protect Nash instead and hope that Vegas takes one of them over one of the RFA/UFA's.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

i can see it if they go out and bring in another protectable forward, which is what they should be trying to do. of course if they can't add someone and still wanna dump beleskey, they can protect basically anyone else on that list - ferlin, schaller, whoever.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
i can see it if they go out and bring in another protectable forward, which is what they should be trying to do. of course if they can't add someone and still wanna dump beleskey, they can protect basically anyone else on that list - ferlin, schaller, whoever.

Beleskey's play when he returns will make their decision

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad