Confirmed with Link: Colin Greening Clears Waivers | Called up for west coast trip |

The EnigmatiC Soul*

What are you even talking about?

You think that's how players think? You think Greening is sitting in his basement happy that he's making money? He wants to be a NHL player and he's playing for credibility and honor. I'm sure Greening would rather make half his salary and have a successful season with Ottawa and what does Murray being fooled twice even mean??? Getting fooled twice by playing him in his hometown for a 1rst time in over a month?? :help:

You got to excuse Main, he's a funny character :laugh:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I like Greening

He seems like a good man, moreso than the usual NHL player (whom generally seem like fine individuals) so I'm always rooting for him

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
What are you even talking about?

You think that's how players think? You think Greening is sitting in his basement happy that he's making money? He wants to be a NHL player and he's playing for credibility and honor. I'm sure Greening would rather make half his salary and have a successful season with Ottawa and what does Murray being fooled twice even mean??? Getting fooled twice by playing him in his hometown for a 1rst time in over a month?? :help:

I think Greening is sitting in an upscale apartment playing XBox every night and thinking about how he's going to dupe the next GM. "He's playing for credibility and honor" - yeah that's why Murray is trying to ship his ass out of town. I hope he's forced to stay on the team and and Cameron works his ass for an extra two hours each practise. He's getting paid well - he should do SOMETHING to earn it.

BigBush*

I think Greening is sitting in an upscale apartment playing XBox every night and thinking about how he's going to dupe the next GM. "He's playing for credibility and honor" - yeah that's why Murray is trying to ship his ass out of town. I hope he's forced to stay on the team and and Cameron works his ass for an extra two hours each practise. He's getting paid well - he should do SOMETHING to earn it.
But from what I've heard Greening spends a extra 2 hours in the gym over most other players.
Maybe his punishment should be to play NHL15 more to learn strategy and to work on his hands

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

There's a difference between earning salary and playing for honor. Playing for honor and credibility doesn't mean playing good either, it just means that Greening is not sitting in his appartment happy that he's not playing well and making money like you're implying.

I hope you're forced to look at Greening play for 2hours a day so you earn a good reason to be a grumpy old man :naughty:

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
But from what I've heard Greening spends a extra 2 hours in the gym over most other players.
Maybe his punishment should be to play NHL15 more to learn strategy and to work on his hands

You've heard this? Where did you hear this?

There's a difference between earning salary and playing for honor. Playing for honor and credibility doesn't mean playing good either, it just means that Greening is not sitting in his appartment happy that he's not playing well and making money like you're implying.

I hope you're forced to look at Greening play for 2hours a day so you earn a good reason to be a grumpy old man :naughty:

It's easy for you to justify his lack of production because it's not you writing the paycheque.

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
NHL and AHL is not the same thing but I doubt he's getting showcased to be honest. If he's not been traded at this point he won't be traded at all. Greening is from western Canada so maybe the team is doing him a favor in playing him, maybe go visit some family in the process.

Edit: and apparently he's been doing fine in the AHL so maybe he deserves a call-up? I know Richardson said Greening took it well (on being sent down) and has worked really hard since then so why not call him up.

Are you even a Sens fan? Did you watch the doubleheader against the Islanders in St.Johns? Greening is from Newfoundland.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
He just went through waivers. No GM will trade for something they could've had for free three weeks ago.

You never know... maybe a team is all of a sudden willing to send us a bad contract in return for Greening, and we like that incoming bad contract slightly more than Greening's?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Also, my reaction upon hearing the news that we had called up Greening:

qb4Mq9m.gif

Backpass

Jan 4, 2015
If Greening gets called up, who goes down as Cameron confirmed that Puemple would not be sent down in result of Greening being called up. Pageau again?

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Three reasons why you are taking Greening to the west coast:
1) He is a large body and playing against west coast teams this will be a plus....if he plays "hard" hockey as Simmer would say
2) you are paying him anyway
3) showcase for a potential trade (with other players of course) since not many teams are going to bite on this contract.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Three reasons why you are taking Greening to the west coast:
1) He is a large body and playing against west coast teams this will be a plus....if he plays "hard" hockey as Simmer would say
2) you are paying him anyway
3) showcase for a potential trade (with other players of course) since not many teams are going to bite on this contract.
3 makes sense. He doesn't play hard.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Sounds like the classic 'bad pet owner technique.' Go as far out of your regular territory as possible, then dump the doggie at the side of the road and drive away.

We might want to take Greening's wallet away before dumping him on the side of the road, though.

The EnigmatiC Soul*

If you think Greening won't slide into a game or two on this trip, I think you are all mistaken.

He will get some ice, and puempel will get a coupe games upstairs. They will likely interchange with each other as needed.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Internally the club may be wrestling with what to do with Greening - do you buy him out, or keep him for another year for depth? Maybe a look at him over a couple of games, now that he has tasted hockey mortality, will help with the decision.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I'm sure Greening is happy to that contract no matter where he is.

His concern now should be that he needs to make that 2 or so million last the rest of his life... because he's unlikely to ever get a payday like that again.

The EnigmatiC Soul*

His concern now should be that he needs to make that 2 or so million last the rest of his life... because he's unlikely to ever get a payday like that again.

Greening will have NO problems after his hockey career. He's a very intelligent and educated guy, whose a work horse off the ice. It's well known he's truly a nice guy.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

I'd be surprised if he doesn't get a contract from somebody once he's bought out.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Also, my reaction upon hearing the news that we had called up Greening:

Bonk, while I appreciate how perfectly it sums up your reaction upon reading of Greening's call-up, and probably many other posters including myself, your giant animated Seinfeld Gif slows this page down to such a crawl that it is truly unbearable, and for that, shame on you, or perhaps on my crappy computer that can't handle a stupid animated gif that apparently is perfectly fine for those in Indonesia.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad