Confirmed with Link: Colin Greening Clears Waivers | Called up for west coast trip |

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 1m1 minute ago
Sestito (NJ) clears too. As previously reported, Greening (OTT) on waivers

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 15m15 minutes ago
Greening will be sent to Bingo if he clears. #Sens

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Doesn't help out budget if he clears since he will still make his full dollars, the 900K cap relieve is irrelevant to us.

GSG1165

Sep 9, 2010
Ottawa
Doesn't really matter. He wasn't playing anyway...

What was Murray thinking with that contract???

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
If you thought Greening was a waste of millions of dollars as an NHL healthy scratch, just wait until you see him make exactly the same amount of money as a 29 year old second/third line depth winger in a developmental league!

"Colin Greening 2: Back 2 Basics"... coming to a a theater near you!

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
the day that contract was signed eveyone an thier grandmothers knew it wasnt worth it. I have no idea why the sens brass thought it was a good idea

edit..

apperently people on hfboards thought it was a good contract? thats whack

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

17 goals and 20 assists is what Murray was thinking. A lot of people around here were happy with the deal at the time.

Either way I doubt he gets claimed. If he does, awesome, but he's not freeing up any dollars for the team if he rots in bingo.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Colin is a crazy smart dude, and hes going to have lots of money in his bank by the end of this contract. He will be just fine.

Having said that, I'm glad he's gone, and I don't feel bad for him. Very useless player.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

He put up decent 3rd line numbers while riding shotgun with one of the best players in the league that year. Who wouldn't throw money and term at him?!

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
feel bad for the guy. seems like a swell guy.

good luck colin

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
you guys are acting like he died or something, he will still be making millions of dollars for playing hockey for at least the next two seasons.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
I've been waiting for this day for a long, long time. Now that it's finally happened, I feel very underwhelmed. I guess I'm glad he will no longer even be an option for Cameron and it's one less player Prince or Puempel have to leap frog to get a call up due to an injury

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I've been waiting for this day for a long, long time. Now that it's finally happened, I feel very underwhelmed. I guess I'm glad he will no longer even be an option for Cameron and it's one less player Prince or Puempel have to leap frog to get a call up due to an injury

If Greening doesn't get claimed he'll be called up and sent down again to tempt teams to take him again

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Yep. We're still paying the guy, only we're paying him to do it somewhere else now.

Seems like a hollow victory.

Nailed it. This reminds me of when a CEO gets fired for doing a poor job but he gets a golden parachute on exit.

Greening did a poor job as a hockey player and his "punishment" is collecting $9 million dollars for it.

Greening will be fine. He's intelligent so he'll probably become a lawyer or sports agent when all is said and done. And he gets a nice cushion to sit on as he starts his next career.

It's a shame though. He had ALL the tools to be a great power forward in this league. Speed, strength and size. But he had the temperament of a house cat during nap time.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'm really happy, finally there is some movement, I'm starting to get excited for the deadline now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad