Confirmed with Link: Colin Greening Clears Waivers | Called up for west coast trip |

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
I sense a trade coming with salary tradeoffs.

This makes me so angry!!!!! Not because you said it but because we have been told since training camp that a trade would happen out of necessity and there has been absolutely nothing at all. So dissapoint. And then Murray says "dont buckle up, this trade dealine is going to be uneventful for us"

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Anyone else think Greening is going to snipe one and then poetically recall the moment years from now during his HHOF induction speech?

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
This makes me so angry!!!!! Not because you said it but because we have been told since training camp that a trade would happen out of necessity and there has been absolutely nothing at all. So dissapoint. And then Murray says "dont buckle up, this trade dealine is going to be uneventful for us"

I can agree with you on that. The entire season, a trade was "inevitable". But they've managed, through putting players on IR and sending Greening down (which I guess was the roster move they were talking about) nothing his happened on the back end. And then we're told we have a boring deadline ahead of us. Le sigh. Maybe it's Murray just being his wily self and he pulls some sweet deals.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Unfortunately Murray doesn't operate in a vacuum.

I can imagine that he would really like to trade few players that we no longer need, and I can imagine that he has been having chats with GM's all year.

Some conversations may have evolved into potential deals, most likely died during the first chat.

The thing is, you need a partner, no matter how much Murray would like to make a trade he needs someone willing to take back what we're offering.

He also has to draw the line in terms of what he is willing to give up for the guys that are available. Personally I'm over the moon that he didn't pay the asking price for Stewart, or anything close to what Buffalo paid for Kane.

Essentially, no one seems to want our spare bits for picks, and we don't want to trade our young guys with upside.

But things get a lot more hectic as the deadline approaches so we shall see. Michalek could be an interesting piece to a team given how good he looks. Personally I'd like to keep him, but at the way he's playing right now, it may be possible to get a couple of real nice assets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad