Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Zucker firing candy hearts at the Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
All they've needed is someone to finish. If there is that guy on the top two lines consistently, it is allllll good.

Enough with the stone hands/no hands/shoot it into space double wingers for Sid and Geno, it's goal time, now.

I just look at the high danger chances Rust hasn't finished in the last few, and as noted earlier, he was putting home 1 in 2 or 3 of those a month ago. Him going cold and having no real option on the other side is tough combo, but, as I've said, I think JR sorts things out in the top 6 a little more, and that has a trickle down effect on the bottom 6.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
And here's one for @ColePens spankbank.

4ab55acf2bd208923416ad36a070916f819b74ab.gifv

That needs to be @ColePens new avatar.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
That was the end of Montreals slim playoff hopes... They have played two more games than everyone else and are seven points back with florida still in between them and Toronto... they are toast, trade em if you got em habs...

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I didn't notice Kovalchuk once this game. But I also started watching in the 3rd period. :dunno:
I thought he looked decent, actually, and could’ve scored a couple times.

I wouldn’t mind him on the point on our PP.

Reactions: K Fleur

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I didn't notice Kovalchuk once this game. But I also started watching in the 3rd period. :dunno:

still flashing some offensive talent. Took a slashing penalty that resulted in first Pens goal. I'm glad we weren't in the hunt for him, as his two-way game and speed aren't there. But he's noticeable on a team that otherwise lacks a lot of offensive punch.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
One thing I have to rib you on. Kahun - Malkin - Rust.

I want it. It gives us four 200 ft lines.

Not really. It's better than McCann-Malkin-Rust. It's a dog with different fleas than Rust-Malkin-Horny.

Jokes aside, the upside definitely is the best, but it was hit or miss, and they bled a lot of chances against.

That said, nothing would please me more than for you to be right on this one in the end.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Simon was tremendous tonight. All around one of his best games as a Pen!
He actually had 4 or 5 shifts where he looked like belonged tonight. Watch his next game though. He'll likely go back to 1 or 2 shifts where he looks like he belongs. If he doesn't bookmark my comment and give me shit for it.

Reactions: PhilThrillPill

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Not really. It's better than McCann-Malkin-Rust. It's a dog with different fleas than Rust-Malkin-Horny.

Jokes aside, the upside definitely is the best, but it was hit or miss, and they bled a lot of chances against.

That said, nothing would please me more than for you to be right on this one in the end.

Hopefully adding Jake there for G1 of Round 1 which would just make us a powerhouse.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Jarry was superlative. So was Letang.
Zucker -
two great goals. Meh otherwise.
Petts...IDK how to feel about you man.
JJ - please go away. I really hope JR can fleece some team to take him for nothing right about now.

Rust has badly regressed over the last few games and I'm starting to suspect he's playing hurt. He simply hasn't been the sparkplug for Malkin that he'd been all season recently. I hate saying this given how injured the whole team is right now, but if he's hurt he needs to sit down for a couple We're making the playoffs either way, we need Big Game Bryan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad