Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: SHORTY AVALANCHES A WIN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Uh... +++ Jack ****ing Johnson on that PK? HOLY ****
He had a couple of dumb plays, but for the most part he and Marino were our best pair tonight.

Tons of pluses. This was SUCH A GREAT GAME. Avs are really good and we hung with em. Props to Tanev for a hell of a game and big ups to Lafferty's speed and center drive which contributed to that goal.

Sid and Jake being Sid and Jake.

Muzz had a good game,

SPEED KILLS

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
JJ on the pk was definitely a plus. Tanev, Sid and Jake looked excellent.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Solid effort against a solid team.

Letang and Dumo have to get their shit together or there’s going to be big problems going forward.

Sid just keeps doing Sid things.

Murray was pretty solid tonight.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Tanev with 1g 3a but already a fan fav with what he brings. Helluva sign by JR. Cant be counting pennies when landing a FA like that to find something to complain about.

Hes def "one" of the pieces we've been missing these last two years. Theres zero doubt about that.

f*** the term. If we want to trade him in 3 years or so we can.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
giphy.gif

1/2 star to @pixiesfanyo for saying Lafferty would score. Got close enough.

Tanev and Lafferty are one and @Riptide and co were totally right about Tanev changing the chemistry of our bottom six.

BillPrep

Jun 2, 2016
thought marino and pets were our 2 best D...
jj didnt suck and had a pretty good OT...
if I wasnt past the age where Im comfortable bringing a child into the world, Id name any of the rest of them after sid...as it is Im trying to convince my 16yo to change his...
schultz is suck...

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
+ JJ was great on that pk in OT and honestly he has been playable since being put with Marino. The analytics still stink with him but I don't see that many glaring mistakes from him. He might get caved in possession sometimes but he makes up for it somewhat with shot blocks and strong d-zone coverage.

+ Sid was dominant again

+ Letang is carrying our defense.

+ Dumo was solid other than the dumb OT penalty

+ Guentzel. Kid just scores all the time. We need it with all the injuries (or maybe not since our depth has been scoring)

+ Kahun. I thought he had a good game. Visible, moving his feet. Just not feeling it offensively yet but it's coming with him.

+ Tanev. He deserved that goal. Guy has been buzzing all season long. He's such a shot in the arm. Exactly as advertised. Don't love the contract, but love the player.

+ Everyone pulling on the same rope. I LOVE the team play right now. Everyone is defending hard and playing the right way.

+ Matt Murray. Didn't get tested a lot but made the saves he needed to. Avs were coming hard in that third/OT

- I thought Simon had worse stone hands than usual tonight. I do love the player and what he brings to that line, but it wasn't his best night with the puck on his stick. Naysayers should realize though that even though the offense isn't always there he brings a lot to help that line maintain possession.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I tried telling the negative Nancy’s when we signed him you guys were going to love him. He’s a guy you hate to play against but want him on your team.

Not only has he looked great for the Penguins, but he also screams a guy who excels in the playoffs. You can base that both on watching him and on his career playoff production (almost exactly what Rust produced on both cup runs), he's going to be a difference maker in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad