Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Sens play a perfect clean game while being routed by the Pens 5-2

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Dude... keep it hush or JR is going to trade Rust for Reaves and get this team push back again. :( :sarcasm:

This is why I was pissed about what Jack Johnson did-- or more precisely did NOT do-- during that last scrum, when Chabot had him tied up.

Always said, this is one thing that I used to love about Ruutu. That guy didn't mess with the other team's tough guys or bottom feeders. He'd **** with the stars. Chabot is one of the Senators top guys. He played like a little **** all night. And all Johnson had to do was turn around and deliver a message of his own. But he did . . . nothing.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Re Marino - He's roughly been a number 1 dman already this season imo. The question for me is more about sustainability than growth.

It's just not natural.

I want this group to win the Cup as bad as I wanted the 2016 team to win... and I sold all of our souls back in 2016. Does anyone have any more souls?

Just trade the right to an injury free team. We've already lost that, so joke's on them.

Reactions: Andy99 and KIRK

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Sully post game:

• one of those type of games. We played through it.
  • Jake incident scary. Being evaluated
  • Not getting into the goalie debate.Weve got 2 good goalies
  • Chabot accidental
  • Geno is a horse. Brings it every night. Both ends of the ice. Playing the right way lol Dominant. We need that right now
  • Love the resilience and we find ways. Players get the credit. Great leadership. We can win any night no matter who’s in.

Last edited:

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Think Malkin gets a call from the league for whacking Pageau with his stick at the end? Not that it wasn’t well earned, but...

Had the same feeling.

Normally? No, but he was suspended last year for a swing at a head, and that one missed. This one was pretty harmless, but had intent behind it, which I could see them reasoning a reason for a phone call

Dude... keep it hush or JR is going to trade Rust for Reaves and get this team push back again.

And here I thought Geno getting suspended for the stick swing at the end would be the worst that could possibly happen after tonight...

Reactions: EightyOne

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Sully post game:

• one of those type of games. We played through it.
  • Jake incident scary. Being evaluated
  • Not getting into thevgoalur debate.Weve got 2 good goalies
  • Chabot accidental
  • Geno is a horse. Brings it every night. Both ends of the ice. Playing the right way lol Dominant. We need that right now
  • Love the resilience and we find ways. Players get the credit. Great leadership. We can win any night no matter who’s in.
All around this is the best version of Geno we've seen. At 33 that's damn impressive.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
losing Guentzel will not be easy. Losing all that playing time (if a broken wrist) will mean he wont have time to actually get back into good game shape by the time playoffs come. I think it will hurt more in the playoffs (because he is not fully back to 100%) than wins and losses throughout the season. This is Hagelin 2.0 all over again -- and this time, the player is 10x more important than Hagelin.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Mines been sold as well BUT I've said in the Salary thread we need to pony up for a good top 6 wing that has a little term. This year and next are prime golden years and I'm not content sitting idle.

Indeed.

just saw the injury to Jake. Looks like a left wrist bruise, contuison or broken

My first thought was broken forearm or wrist.
More forearm i'm guessing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad