Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens/Yotes - Back in the win column!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
11:46 in Vancouver.

Had that great shift with Malkin.

Never played with him again (I suppose because the last thing Sully wanted was for that to work if he tried it again). :laugh:

The fear of failure after success can lead to avoiding success at all!

Reactions: John Titor

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The fear of failure after success can lead to avoiding success at all!

In this case, it was the fear of success after a case of success in something Sully preferred not to see work.

Meh Sully is typical NHL coaching right now... we will win or lose if the players play above themselves... our strategic advantage is gone and we aren’t optimized in any way shape or form, but we are still really talented so we still can have nights like tonight...

Its just not worth complaining about yet though

When is it worth complaining about?

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Well if you're using cups as your main argument Barasso also had 2 with the Pens and more regular season success..

And all the personality to earn Barrasshole as a name. :laugh:

He is still HoF stats though.

Reactions: Pancakes

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Never played with him again (I suppose because the last thing Sully wanted was for that to work if he tried it again). :laugh:

It certainly is weird. I dunno. I like Hags - Malkin - Hornqvist fine. And also wouldn’t mind seeing Malkin with Simon and Rust either.

Ideally with me I’m seeing this going into the playoffs.

Jake - Crosby - Kessel
LW deadline deal - Malkin - Rust
Hagelin - Brassard - Hornqvist
Sheahan - Cullen - Simon / ZAR / whatever.

I wonder if Dzingel is the ideal candidate for Malkin. Question would you offer a Hartman like deal for Dzingel. Basically a 1st and something useless.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I think Letang works with JJ. Because it allows JJ to simplify his game a bit.

He doesnt have to do too much because Letang has the keys go the whip on any pairing he is with.

It also helps having Dumo on the 2nd pairing because he's capable of holding up a pairing as the head guy as well.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I think Letang works with JJ. Because it allows JJ to simplify his game a bit.

He doesnt have to do too much because Letang has the keys go the whip on any pairing he is with.

It also helps having Dumo on the 2nd pairing because he's capable of holding up a pairing as the head guy as well.

I will say one thing. That pairing will keep the playoffs interesting. And maybe in an insanely good way which would just be hilarious.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

Yup, I have nothing to add other than this.....

001000935.jpg

Reactions: EightyOne

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Malkin just looks frustrated the past few games. Maybe can't quite take over games like he used to when the team would suck. And the coaches ain't letting him get away with stupid penalties/play.

He'll be fine.

Reactions: Warm Cookies

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Who would you have above him?
The only one I'd have above him is MM if even him. I think it's pretty apparent who the top three are but in which order is debatable. In fairness to TB the league was much more high scoring and the equipment was smaller. But the MM of '16 and '17 really instilled me with tons of confidence and he exhibited soundness, steadiness and poise beyond his years. And MAF would be 3rd and clearly the teams most athletic goalie. But again it's a tough call because of them playing in different era's. It's really a very subjective debate.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
The only one I'd have above him is MM if even him. I think it's pretty apparent who the top three are but in which order is debatable. In fairness to TB the league was much more high scoring and the equipment was smaller. But the MM of '16 and '17 really instilled me with tons of confidence and he exhibited soundness, steadiness and poise beyond his years. And MAF would be 3rd and clearly the teams most athletic goalie. But again it's a tough call because of them playing in different era's. It's really a very subjective debate.

Oh okay. I’m fine with having Murz over Tommy.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Oh okay. I’m fine with having Murz over Tommy.
If MM played like he did in 16 and 17 back with our early 90's teams I think we still win both cups. Conversely if TB played like he did for us in the early 90's I think we win in '16 but I'm not so sure about '17. And in '17 You gotta give props to MAF as he had a huge hand in our ultimate success. Based solely on PO performances I'd give the nod to MM. But he's young and he could go south quickly, hopefully not. But as it stands now MM.

Reactions: Peat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad