Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Rangers - What happened to the Rangers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Plus

+ Crosby/Kunitz: Man these two are really in sync right now. Kunitz is finishing when he needs to and Crosby is just a beast this season. I love how the two are playing together.

+ Despres: Best game from Despres, in my opinion. I think he played tremendous defensively. He took whatever gun powder Bort had in the Toronto game. Just MEAN right now. I loved his game and thought he looked like our best dman tonight.

+ Gibbons/Jussi: Where did these two get such strong chemistry? They really found one another all over the ice. Gibbons used his speed and Jussi used his ability to find space somewhere. Gibbons also played his best hockey game as a Penguin.

+ Joey V, Sill, Bort, Nisky, Scuds: I lump these guys together because I loved a little bit about each of them. Nothing beautiful but just strong role playing games. Bort, out of the entire group, NEEDED to have a good one. He has not played well recently.

+ Rangers: So much talent on this team and they are playing terrible hockey. It's even rough seeing Hank fight every single puck. I respect the hell otu of Hank and I think you notice by the quiet crowd, the fans do too.

Minus

- Maatta's confidence: Where did it go? He was playing so well and then out of nowhere he loses his confidence. I do not get it. He needs to stick to his game and do his thing. He's a damn good player.

- Domi and Roberts not fighting just for the hell of it. That would have been fun to watch. :laugh:

- Glass, Adams, Pyatt: Just because. They bring NOTHING to this team. Such pointless players. I love watching Gibbons actually show me something with everything he has then watch Glass finish some pointless hits and half ass a couple battles.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
tangnealgib2_zpsd4254640.jpg

Michael8771*

A little sloppy in the 3rd there, but glad we got da win!

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Depressing to contemplate the names in Cole's writeup and realize where each will be in April.

Enjoyable game and result.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
My only real complaint is Gladams, always with the Gladamsing. They have an ability to get into great scoring situations, but they're them. Pyatt was pretty much what I expected and it was his first game, so... no complaints, he's big.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Plus

+ Rangers: So much talent on this team and they are playing terrible hockey. It's even rough seeing Hank fight every single puck. I respect the hell otu of Hank and I think you notice by the quiet crowd, the fans do too.
I think that's more our crowd being stocked with bougie buzzkills.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I think Olli will be fine, next game he will be back to being his solid defensive self.

Save those first what, 2, 3, maybe 4 games with Niskanen, he just has not looked good paired with Nisky. Not blaming Nisky actually, and maybe that's a coincidence. BUT, two things I'm noticing . . . he's looking to jump into the rush a lot more than he did, and he's showing zero patience a lot of the time with outlet passes. I'm sure it's a bump in the road, but it's not like this 'regression' has been only one or two games. He needs to keep it simple and smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad