Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Rangers - Fleuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
We didn't steal this game.

Fleury won it for us. Put the team on his back tonight.

Iginla gets a minus for me. Not a good game for him at all.

If DB puts Jokinen on that draw Stepan won for the Nash goal, Fleury probably gets the shutout.

specialized

Jan 24, 2013
I am not impressed with Jerome Iginla so far, very sketchy defence,does not get enough shots on net and just seems to wonder around the ice to much,hes on the left side then the right side.

CrozJawz*

I can only really give MAF and Jokinen a + tonight.

I guess Murray could get one for his hitting and Dupuis was flying as he usually does.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Our top line was real bad tonight. It wasn't just Malkin - Iginla and Neal were pretty awful too. They just kept losing battles and getting pinned in our own end.

That having been said, Dupuis and Jussi were tremendous tonight. Kunitz not so much, although he made a great pass to Jussi on the goal.

Fleury was ridiculously good. I feel like he had something to prove tonight after how badly the Rangers trounced us last game. Fleury seemingly came in with an attitude that it was not going down like that again. I love angry Flower. I think that might be a sign of how he's matured over the years too. A game like last game would have resulted in probably a week or two of horrible play by Flower but he shook that game off and came in tonight determined. That's the goalie we need for the playoffs.

The injuries are just awful. We really need to be healthy for the playoffs. We'll see what happens with Neal but I think we could still do well without him. We won't get anywhere without Sid, Letang, and Martin though. Those guys are flat out needed.

Doug Murray and Robert Bortuzzo looked really good tonight I thought. The rest of the d was just passable.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I don't understand how Errey & Steigy are gainfully employed.

They were a ****ing attrocity tonight. So bad. And on a nationally televised game too. I hope the NHL is paying attention, makes a friendly suggestion to Mario that some strings need to be pulled to get these morons off the air.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
+ Juicy Finnishman
+ Fleury
+ Murray
+ Enforcer, Pascal Dupuis
+ Cooke
+ BORTUZZO

- Orpik
- Malkin

Mar 22, 2010
Mother Base
Great game by Fleury, well-deserved chants for him all game. Murray and Jokinen look like worthwhile acquisitions, still not sure what Morrow adds right now.

How did nobody (except Dupuis during the icing race) go after Del Zotto after he elbowed Neal to the quiet room and clotheslined Malkin? How was neither action even a penalty?

Malkin deserved that. He came in 12 seconds late.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
+ Fleury
+ Fleury
+ Jokinen
+ Maybe getting a D-man who can actually make a stretch pass back next game.

- Torts and his contant *****ing
- Geno. Hate to say it, but he looked bad. Makes me wonder if he's playing hurt.
- Crosby. You're breaking my heart, Sid.
- MDZ can **** off whether the elbow to neal was intentional or not.
- Bryan Boyle. World's largest baby.
- Lots of "better team lost" **** on another board. The better team lost with us missing 3 of our 4 most important players. We'll see when Sid, Letang & Martin get back. Hopefully in the first round. :clap:

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
We didn't steal this game.

Fleury won it for us. Put the team on his back tonight.

Iginla gets a minus for me. Not a good game for him at all.

If DB puts Jokinen on that draw Stepan won for the Nash goal, Fleury probably gets the shutout.
Yeah like Fleury is part of the team. His contributions count. We won, we didn't steal ****.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Can you imagine the day Jussi plays w/ Beau? We are going to have to mod so much sexual innuendo it's ridiculous. :laugh:

Ray Shero*

+Fluery

The story of the game. Period. Fluery was unbelievable.

+Jokinen

He'll be great for faceoffs and shootouts.

+Murray

What a physical player.

-Neal injured

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I am not impressed with Jerome Iginla so far, very sketchy defence,does not get enough shots on net and just seems to wonder around the ice to much,hes on the left side then the right side.

He has no clue where he's supposed to play on that line since Malkin is ****ing around and Neal likes the right side more than the left and neither Malkin or Neal seem very interested in playing along the boards.

Give him time. He'll be good. At least we barely gave up anything to get him.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
- Lots of "better team lost" **** on another board. The better team lost with us missing 3 of our 4 most important players. We'll see when Sid, Letang & Martin get back. Hopefully in the first round. :clap:

I think they've scored like 1 goal on the Pens all year when the Pens have been healthy?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
And remember.. when Chicago lost their streak they got crushed for 2 games then went back to being a top tier team. Let's hope we are peaking at the right time.

Lehhhh go Pens!

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Nah. It's a black-and-white call now. They don't want forecheckers even breathing on the guy going back for the puck there.

I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and saw he was referring to the actual icing call, which should not have been icing. Dupuis obviously felt the same way.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
If we're seeing a similar line-up to this when Sid gets back, hell, if we see a similar line-up to this next game, Bylsma may screw this team out of a cup. This team is CLEARLY not set up properly and I have zero faith in Bylsma to make any change, let alone the right ones.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

blame the guy who is playing a 35-year old out of position for the first time in like 16 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad