Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Habs - Morrow is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
+Murray. Him and Morrow give the Penguins so much sack. We weren't soft before, but that "we don't take an ounce of **** from anybody without taking a pound-and-a-half of flesh back" mentality that both of them have has permeated the entire lineup. Even Dupuis' playing with a chip on his shoulder now. This guy and Morrow are both absolute *****es to play against.

Agree 100%.

+Dupuis. God man. Never in my wildest dreams did I think this guy had this kind of hockey in him. He just dominates every inch of the ice he touches in every sense.

It has gotten to the point where this guy's play is ridiculous. First off, he is a very steady, consistent, never-have-a-bad-night guy. And then, to top it off, his play is simply out-of-this-world. I have no idea where this came from, or how the guy has arrived at where he is, but he is seriously awesome. I will say something that might be controversial, but all things considered, I think there is exactly ONE Pens forward that has played better this year than Dupers, ONE (that being Sid, of course). I truly feel he's been the second best forward on this team, and he's doing it night in, night out, from anywhere in the lineup, with ANY linemates, on ANY line...UN-REAL.

I cannot find enough words to say what I think of Dupers and Morrow...

Last edited:

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
JTG.. I hate saying this and hope it doesn't come off as a slight to Sutter, but this is the first time all season I've seen him have chemistry with a linemate. Cooke/TK have been awful in my opinion as mates for Sutter. They just didn't click.

Now you throw Dupers and Morrow on a line w/ Sutter and they start clicking. It's so strange. But it's also great to see. I really think that has to be a line when fully healthy.

YES. Agreed fully.

Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Jokinen-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Sutter-Dupuis
Cooke-Adams or Vitale-Bennett

Candyman

Aug 17, 2012
Indiana
Anyone else feel like Cooke had more grit to his game tonight as well, seems like Morrow may have given him a spark to me.

Smacker

#LetsGoPens
Aug 15, 2012
+ Morrow. He is awesome!
+ Sutter.
+ PK.
+ Joe "Victory".
+ 4th line.
+ Iggy.
+ Duper.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
morrowsubban.gif

LOL! Morrow was teaching PK how to remove his helmet for a fight. :laugh:

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
Screw it, why not?!

Malkin - Crosby - Neal
Kunitz - Jokinen - Iginla
Morrow - Sutter - Dupuis
Cooke - Adams - Bennett

Ha. It's funny, we can totally run that first line and still have great depth. Those 2nd and 3rd lines are still pretty damn good.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Anyone else feel like Cooke had more grit to his game tonight as well, seems like Morrow may have given him a spark to me.
Yeah he's been like that for a few games now - remember when he stood in front of the Rangers bench and yelled at 3 of them for like a minute.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I'm positive they held a moment of silence before puck drop. Not sure if it was before or after the anthem. Maybe someone who was in the building can confirm.

Yep. They did a moment of silence before the anthems and during the first intermission they put a "Boston 617" graphic on the jumbotron and played Sweet Caroline.

+ This team is winning already and they're about to add Crosby, Malkin, Neal and Martin back into the mix at or before the start of the playoffs.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Ok who kidnapped my Pens and can I please have them back?

That's what I told my wife after the 1st

What a great show, that 1st was spectacular Habs had nothing

nTsplnk*

Glad people are giving Morrow credit. This guy wants to win. People who thought the trade was bad really need to look in the mirror-he's been great since the first 2 games he played for us.

Murray is a beast.

Dupuis just gets it done. That line with Morrow and Dupuis is so awesome.

Bennett just has it guys. You know what I mean. He has that thing that makes you know he'll be a good player in this league. His vision is incredible.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Glad people are giving Morrow credit. This guy wants to win. People who thought the trade was bad really need to look in the mirror-he's been great since the first 2 games he played for us.

Murray is a beast.

Dupuis just gets it done. That line with Morrow and Dupuis is so awesome.

Bennett just has it guys. You know what I mean. He has that thing that makes you know he'll be a good player in this league. His vision is incredible.

Agreed, since the road trip of last week with no Sid and Geno it seems like Morrow is even taking control at the leadership department. Great move so far by Shero, sucks to have lost Joe Morrow but with the depth we have something like that is possible and not hurt us anyways in the long run

nTsplnk*

Agreed, since the road trip of last week with no Sid and Geno it seems like Morrow is even taking control at the leadership department. Great move so far by Shero, sucks to have lost Joe Morrow but with the depth we have something like that is possible and not hurt us anyways in the long run

Definitely. He did everything tonight, I went to the game and he just was doing everything even away from the puck.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I think what has been a huge bonus to Morrow is a speedster in Dupers who can race to the puck. Then Morrow does his job of grinding away and creating time/space. It's the perfect combo. Dupers/Morrow is something I really keep together.

Absolutely. I was coming in here to say that. Duper's speed provides the means for Morrow to do his thing. I don't like Morrow - whoever - Cooke nearly as much as Morrow - whoever - Dupuis. Keeping those 2 together on the third line would be awesome. Morrow-Sutter-Dupuis is an amazing 3rd line.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Yeah that's pretty frustrating. I get the confidence thing and Dan seems to control his players emotions pretty well (meaning he knows how to get the most out of them and doesn't rock the boat in the locker room with lineup decisions). That said, you acquired a player with a skill set that would help Crosby and the team thrive (plus he's Jarome ****ing Iginla). You have a guy in Dupuis that scores at nearly the same pace no matter what line he is on. Yet you decide to stunt your team's full potential so Duper can feel good about himself?

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
I'm still laughing at all those people that were ready to jump off a bridge over the J. Morrow/B. Morrow trade. Everyone here of course ASSUMED that Brendan was already over the hill and had nothing left in the tank. Just goes to show you how much a change of scenery can do for a player that simply wants to WIN.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Letang has been given another assist from last night. He has 3 on the night now and in total he has 33 points in 31 games compared to Subban's 36 in 37.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
I'm still laughing at all those people that were ready to jump off a bridge over the J. Morrow/B. Morrow trade. Everyone here of course ASSUMED that Brendan was already over the hill and had nothing left in the tank. Just goes to show you how much a change of scenery can do for a player that simply wants to WIN.

Really it goes to show you that our internet GM's aren't as smart as they think.

Hell they were crying for a week straight about a guy they've probably never even seen play.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Letang has been given another assist from last night. He has 3 on the night now and in total he has 33 points in 31 games compared to Subban's 36 in 37.

The transition game is so much different when he and Despres are in the lineup, maybe DB will eventually snap out of it and play Despres more. Hoping next year he has a full time spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad