Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Habs - Morrow is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Plus

+ Overall Team: I know there are some amazing individual efforts today, but the team deserves so much love. They are playing mean hockey and inspired hockey even without Geno, Sid, Martin, and Neal. What other team can do that? It's tremendous. It's just remarkable.

Huge credit to all the new acquisitions to adding that extra hunger and grit. It's realllllly shown for this team. We are playing with that anger that I've only seen back in 2009. They have to maintain that effort when Sid/Geno are back WITHOUT being stupid.

+ Morrow: He's a leader in every way. He plays the way we need. Him and Murray play with that edge that we desperately need. He's really changed our mindset on the ice. We play mean as hell now. His antics on the ice are reaching Gary Roberts style. I can't help but love what he does out there.

+ Beau: As Errey said - He doesn't make mistakes. Zero rookie mistakes. He plays great hockey and I believe has won the battle for a roster spot when everyone is healthy.

+ Dupuis: I do not have words for how good Dupers is playing. He's winning almost every battle and has elevated his game beyond anything I could have believed.

+ Vitale: Vitale just owned Subban all night. Gotta love when a guy takes it upon himself to just dominate a star defender. I just love what Vitale gives this team.

+ Sutter: He's been great for us but looks even better when he produces offensively. I don't think many of us miss Jordan Staal.

+ Eaton: It might have gone unnoticed, but I even see Mark freaking Eaton playing a more physical and mean game.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
++ Everyone but Kennedy and Fleury.

-- Subban you are a gutless turd.

111116a00d8341ce32a53ef00e54f58fd298833-800wi.jpg

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
What happened to Jokinen? Don't remember seeing him in the 3rd.

fate

Apr 15, 2007
+ Morrow beast mode/Gordie Howe
+ Sutter scores in all the big games
+ Murray streak over
+ We didn't even had Crosby/Malkin/Neal

- Subban what a little ***** lol
- Possible Vitale/Jokinen injuries
- Giving up 4 goals makes the win not look as decisive

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Can someone say how Jokinen got hurt please?

Only watched the third, but I loved what I saw from Morrow.

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
Has anyone ever forced more people to eat crow than Brendan Morrow right now?

+ Morrow, Sutter, Bennett, Dupuis

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
- Jokinen and Vitale getting hurt. That's our top two faceoff men statistically speaking out of the lineup.

I missed how Jokinen got hurt. Can anybody tell me how?

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
++ Morrow: enough said.

+ Bennett
+ Iginla
+ Sutter
+ Murray
+ physical play against Montreal and their stick-obsessed divas

- defense and Fleury (Fleury only really struggled because of the defense but still)
- Orpik (because he deserves his own -)

-- Subban: you're a gutless pansy. next time, be a ****ing man and fight your own battles instead of waiting to headlock the guy you are "fighting".

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
- Bylsma has better ham available but chooses to go with inferior, unchipped ham in his sandwich. The guy does a lot of things right - the tomatoes are sliced just right and the bread is phenomenal - but man his stubborn ways just won't let him give the chipped chopped ham the chance it deserves over his veteran sliced ham.

Ray Shero*

We always let up defensively at the end, we can't be letting in 4 goals every game expecting the offence to make up for that.

Granted, a few of those goals Fluery had no chance on.

As for the plus/minus:

+Morrow, not sure I even have to say anything, look at his stats
+Sutter, gret agme fo rhim
+PK
-PP
-Flower, seemed kind of slow tonight

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Haha Montreal can't beat us when we are missing Crosby,Malkin,Neal,Martin. Suck on that!

+ Beating the 2nd best team (according to standings atleast) without 4 of our top players. Does not get any sweeter then that, now let';s end Boston Friday and sweep them! it's going to be much tougher, though.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Where are the guys at who scoffed when I said Morrow was going to bring a Tocchet/Roberts style game to the Pens?

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
- Bylsma has better ham available but chooses to go with inferior, unchipped ham in his sandwich. The guy does a lot of things right - the tomatoes are sliced just right and the bread is phenomenal - but man his stubborn ways just won't let him give the chipped chopped ham the chance it deserves over his veteran sliced ham.

this is a beautiful post. :handclap:

CrozJawz*

Let's get past Boston / any potential shennanigans and then bring in the big guns.

EVERY team the Pens play now are busting out the shennanigans. Carolina did, Tampa did, Florida did, and now the Habs.

From now on every team they play will be roughing them up...

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
So i take it people are eating crow based on morrows play thus far?

I am, and it is juicy, sweet and tender :).

Didn't much like the last 30 minutes, but the first 30 and the two points make it a 'hey, **** happens' kind of thing.

Thought the Orpik-Letang pairing was far from solid when together, but pairings got mixed around all night. Bad night for Despres' playoff ambitions also.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Cole's on the ball. Pens playing angry AND a little dirty. Haven't seen that in 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad