Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Bs - Eastern Conference #1 Seed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marns

Jul 31, 2006
Toronto, ON
www.thestretchpass.com
Minus:

- Bruins Gooning: What was up with that? If they want to call out Cooke for a clean play, they better hold themselves accountable for dumb ass, moronic, idiotic, pathetic, embarrassing plays like Marchand jumping Jussi. I mean of all the players? Jussi? :laugh:

That's just typical Marchand. He is definitely a POS, but that doesn't surprise anyone, I guess. Julien tried justifying it in his presser saying Jokinen "had his stick up all game," or something to that effect. Sure does justify jumping him and throwing punches. Very glad we scored on the ensuing PP.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Julien doesn't only look like Bill Dautrive, he is as much as a dumb whiner as him. It isn't surprising to see his guys acting like that when the coach doesn't hold anyone accountable and makes excuses for every damn stupid thing they do.

mrzeigler

.. but I'm not wrong
Sep 30, 2006
Pittsburgh
oh, so Morrow was on the PK? OOOOHH, the number change got me again. Ok, well I don't want Morrow killing penalties.

I would be very surprised if Dupuis gets less than 3M.

You're right. This will be his last chance for a contract for really good money, and it is happening when he's playing the best hockey of his career. A player will leave a half mill, maybe $1M on the table but he won't leave an extra year or two at a higher pay rate.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I am very critical of the style of play of the modern NHL. But today's game was very enjoyable to watch, kind of a throw back game.
Most importantly, the Pens were a machine today. They battled through inconsistent ref's and a tough opponent.
Bennett was a beast, maybe the best young forward that I have seen in a long while.
Jussi is a beast, what in the hell was Carolina thinking??
Iggy will be a huge factor in the playoffs, awesome player and even better person!
Murray reminds me so much of Ulf, I love the guy.
Vitale should never sit, the guy is a classic third line player and needs to get more ice time.
The Pens are competing so very hard, every line. I find it hard to be critical of any player after watching that game. I know we can all nitpick plays, but I think everyone that played today did their role well and thats why the Pens are very tough to play against right now.
Glass and Kennedy both played hard today along the boards and battled hard.
The team that played today could win the cup, which is scary to think that they will soon add the big 4 to the lineup.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
Was Jussi playing without emotion in Carolina? He is unbelievable. It is hard to believe the Pens got him for free. Does our locker room add this much to these players? Jussi looked like a star all game.

I don't think he was playing without emotion. Our whole team just sucked behind the big line... Can't really tell what's the reason for that. I do think Jussi was doing the little things right and was far better than his point total shows but I also know there are some canes-fans that disagree with me on that.

Jussi is a kind of player that does almost nothing flashy (besides those beutiful passes he makes...) but also does nothing badly. High hockey IQ both offensively and defensively, good hands and somehow he's been clutch too throughout his career. He's been underrated everywhere he's played because a common hockey fan might not see what he brings to the ice when he's not scoring. Since he's from my hometown and played for my hometown-team for a long time, I've learned to appreciate both his character and his play.

Hopefully he does well for you guys for the rest of the way :)

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
You're right. This will be his last chance for a contract for really good money, and it is happening when he's playing the best hockey of his career. A player will leave a half mill, maybe $1M on the table but he won't leave an extra year or two at a higher pay rate.

I can definitely see him being offered 4M a year from other teams. Starting to think he might be gone - can't see us giving Dupuis a big raise if Shero wants Iggy back.

At this point you know you're getting at least 15 goals from him and likely 20-25, that alone is worth that kind of money in 2013. Add the fact that he's a great locker room guy, strong PK'er and can play on any line with speed....And comes from a winning environment. Dude has all the intangibles at this point.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
“It’s pretty obvious that it’s a cheap shot from Cooke,†Julien said. “The typical, same guy. He’s gotta go low and getting a guy right around the knee area and turns his back.†Julien wasn’t just displeased with Cooke, either. The Bruins coach also called out newly acquired Penguins forward Jussi Jokinen by name as well. “Jokinen’s been having his stick high the whole game, and the [referees] eventually get it, but you always hope you have people who see things and call them right, but that’s not in our control.â€

http://nesn.com/2013/04/claude-juli...ical-hit-on-adam-mcquaid-calls-it-cheap-shot/

:laugh:

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
After calling out every team in the league, you'd figure he would eventually realize that that is how hockey is actually played.

What about your player choke-slamming Adams? Or Jumping Jokinen?

Hockey's a rough sport and he always acts like the other team is always the bad guy who's out to get them. Such a joke.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
He's gotta find some excuse why his team just lost to a Pens team without Malkin, Crosby, Neal, Martin, and Fleury.

That must be pretty embarrassing.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
What's funny about that Julien comment is Jokinen was the one that got blatantly high sticked by a Bruin earlier in the game and no call was made.

ColdStare

Jul 20, 2011
Johnstown
After calling out every team in the league, you'd figure he would eventually realize that that is how hockey is actually played.

What about your player choke-slamming Adams? Or Jumping Jokinen?

Hockey's a rough sport and he always acts like the other team is always the bad guy who's out to get them. Such a joke.

Julien has to be the worst in the league at griping about other teams without realizing the **** his team pulls and gets away with.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
Jokinen - Malkin - Neal
Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla
Morrow - Sutter - Dupuis
Cooke - Adams - Bennett
Glass
Kennedy
Jeffrey

There's no way you bench Adams.

(may get Left and Right positions mixed up here)
Letang - Niskanen
Orpik - Martin
Murray - Eaton
Engelland
Despres

Fleury
Vokoun

If you think Crosby needs Dupuis, then...

Dupuis - Crosby - Iginla
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Morrow - Sutter - Jokinen
Cooke - Adams - Bennett

Meritocracy. Jokinen and Bennett have played themselves into the lineup. Anyone else think Morrow comes back next season?

TheStinger

Non Omnis Moriar
Mar 30, 2009
Barcelona, Catalunya
www.facebook.com
Julien has to be the worst in the league at griping about other teams without realizing the **** his team pulls and gets away with.

Apparently he didn't see Bennett dump one of his players on his arse at the start of the 2nd period and as he got up, take a whack at Bennett's back as he skated away. It ever so lightly hit Bennett, but he felt it and took a look back. As if we were the only team out there doing dirty things.

Give me a break, Claude.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Jokinen - Malkin - Neal
Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla
Morrow - Sutter - Dupuis
Cooke - Adams - Bennett
Glass
Kennedy
Jeffrey

There's no way you bench Adams.

(may get Left and Right positions mixed up here)
Letang - Niskanen
Orpik - Martin
Murray - Eaton
Engelland
Despres

Fleury
Vokoun

If you think Crosby needs Dupuis, then...

Dupuis - Crosby - Iginla
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Morrow - Sutter - Jokinen
Cooke - Adams - Bennett

Meritocracy. Jokinen and Bennett have played themselves into the lineup. Anyone else think Morrow comes back next season?

If Adams plays (I agree he should) he should play wing. Vitale is a better 4C than him in the situation of Jokinen moving to wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad