Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Bs - Eastern Conference #1 Seed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Plus

+ Beau Bennett: Best Penguin player all day. His compete level was through the roof. He's winning battles against these Bruin defenders who are known for winning battles. On top of that, he brings something to our line up we don't have a lot of and that is creativity. I had more beauners today then I care to think about.

+ Dupers: You could tell when the Pens needed energy, he picked his game up. Another quality game by #9 who is having one hell of a season.

+ Jussi: Did anyone expect this guy to battle the way he does? I thought he was soft and all skill, and that is not true at all. He just battles hard out there. Tougher night in the dot w/ PB being one of the best in the league as well. Great game by Jussi. I love everything he's done for the Pens. This guy is a STEAL.

+ Vokoun: Not his most solid game, but I thought he made huge saves when we needed it. In fact, I think he played beyond amazing hockey for being our backup. He does a little flopping around which is scary, but in the end the result was good.

+ Iggy: After his fight, he looked like a new player. He still needs Sid, but I love when he fires the puck. Pure rocket.

+ Murray: When they have big guys in the corner that used to eat us alive, Murray just runs through 'em. He's a guy we need against Ovy or Jagr. Those big guys who like the corner. We finally have a match for it.

+ Joey V: I know I might be a huge Joey V mark, but he is playing very well. He scraps and hits well, too. I liked his game.

Minus:

- Hate#48: What a waste of a game. He's pathetic

- Bruins Gooning: What was up with that? If they want to call out Cooke for a clean play, they better hold themselves accountable for dumb ass, moronic, idiotic, pathetic, embarrassing plays like Marchand jumping Jussi. I mean of all the players? Jussi? :laugh:

- Orpik: He needs to elevate his game about 3 levels going into the postseason.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Jaded.. I'd sit Letang a game or 2. Let him rest. He's a target out there. We don't need any more wins.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
The Marchand breakaway was from a pick by the stupid linesmen, so I ask...

Name a single scoring chance the Bruins had after Iggy scored. ZERO.

Very proud of this team right now.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
All of this winning without Crosby, Malkin, and Neal is really cool to watch.

bth_a.gif

Keep it up, Pens!

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
What the hell did Orpik do wrong that gives him a minus? Being Brooks Orpik? I hardly saw him make any mistakes if any at all, can anyone point one out?

And please don't say the empty net goal.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
+ Iginla Scoring on the Booston Booins and shutting them up
+ 1st place in the East
+ Continuing to own Boston.
+ Jussy, everything jussy.
+ Bennet- he better not be a scratch again... ever
+ Physical play
++ Vokooooooon

- the 1st period
- Cookes reputation continues
- Iginla robbed of the GWG
- Nothing to play for for the next week....

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
+ Boston fans singing the national anthem
+ Beau, Jussi, Iginla, Dupuis, Vokoun
+ Number one in East

= Letang. Nice goal and nice job keeping the puck in on the PP but defensively a trainwreck today.

- Marchand

Did Sutter play much in the 3rd after that slew foot? I didn't notice him much out there but that's normal some games.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Plus
+ Vokoun: Not his most solid game, but I thought he made huge saves when we needed it. In fact, I think he played beyond amazing hockey for being our backup. He does a little flopping around which is scary, but in the end the result was good.

He stopped 38 of 40 and probably would have had a shutout if not for Norris Letang biting the dust twice.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Missed the first because my alarm clock died this morning :(

Loved what I saw from Iginla and Jokinen today. And Letang actually hit the net on a power play!

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Can't be more happier with the pickups RS managed to snag this year.
Jokinen, who we got for basically nothing, may be a key player for us in these playoffs.

I knew he was good at faceoffs but he has wicked hands around the net and his grit has really surprised me.

DB's decision can't be any more clearer in terms of who sits when they get healthy.

Kennedy sits, period.
Glass or Bennett dress. End of story.

MichiganWolverines

Big Mac Attack
Jul 3, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Joe Vitale wanted to fight Brad Marchand near the end of the third period, but Brad "the big-nosed coward" Marchand declined.

Solid game. The penguins had a poor first period, but they came back strong.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
There is something about Vokoun..

On one hand, he's the guy who turned this season around. He's been a rock as far as sv%, gaa, and wins. He's a legitimate net minder should Fleury need a break.

On the other hand, there is somethinggggg about him in net that makes me feel like every shot is going to result in a mind numbing goal.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
+ Clinch East

+ Raging Beauners for everyone.

+ Letang scores on PP. Honestly I don't care about the rest. Just want to see him be assertive / get some confidence on the PP.

+ Horton breaks hand on Iggy's cranium after challenging him to a fight / Iggy scores for Chiarelli.

- Tyler Kennedy is still on this team. This whole season has been one big I Told ya So to the old Kennedy groupies from yesteryear. Not even close to being a $2M hockey player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad