Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens run Wild in the Minnesota Snow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
If we play up in the zone and attack the points aggressively they don't get time to place hard point shots with traffic in front. That's my only quibble with how we played. We did good work around the bluelines in the neutral zone, we dominated in the offensive zone, we just need to make our defensive system more aggressive and we'll be rolling.

Good to see the young guys getting a shot with pressure on.

Compared to last year where they didn't dominate in ANY of the three zones, I'll take them looking like a cohesive unit in one or two as a great step haahahha

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
This is pretty much Sid now.

giphy.gif

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Sidney Crosby’s peak years were stolen from him yet they did create a seemingly age-resistant monster.

Also the must-rebuild team according to the media this week hasn’t quite hit rock bottom apparently with these cheap depth players arriving.

I think that is a rebuild?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
@ColePens

Not calling you out, but more calling back to something: before his fight vs CBJ you were riding Sid hard for his play through 1.5(?) games. Reallllllly quick turnaround. Usually takes him a few weeks+ to get out of that fog.

That's a tad unfair because as soon as he fought I said we are going to score and that's going to turn the game way in our favor. We did. We never looked back. And my write-up/posting in that thread personified everything you are saying about Sid.

He's in absolute beast mode. God-mode. Godzilla mode. T-rex mode. I don't even have words for it. He's electrifying. He's, IMO, the best player in the world right now and it's not even f***ing close. He's owning it.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
That was a fun game to watch.... And they looked like they were having fun as well... Sid being Sid... Horny being Horny.... And those youngsters... Talk about a boost of energy that we needed. PLEASE let whoever deserves to play play... Whoever doesn't, DEAL or HIDE.
SUPER fun game to watch. Amazing what new blood and a simplified gameplan can do. This season has been a freakish rollercoaster and we are only 5 games in!

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Marino's playing well and has tons of room to grow, develop and get better. Bonus; if he continues this play for a while, it makes Guds expendable. JJ should be gone regardless, but if we can rid ourselves of both JJ and Guds, that's some progress toward getting back to legit contention.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
If all a rebuild is is calling up AHL players then it wouldn’t be worth talking about.

Well wtf is a rebuild if it isnt injecting youth who have potential growth to their abilities?

If you are just trade/swapping veterans in and out of the lineup that isn't a rebuild, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce