Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Man this weekend gives me the blues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Our D zone structure and positioning is really taking hit of late. We're just not supporting each other as well as we need to.

At 5-on-5 or certainly not the PK.

Worth noting that the sudden bad run of form coincides with the complete collapse of the PK.

Makes "JJ is the PK whisperer and so you can't touch him now..." worth reconsidering. Though he, incredibly, was the Penguins 3rd best defenseman tonight.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
For Nov.
Pens were 6-5-3 = 15 points of 28 being just over .500
7 OT games out of 14 with 1 of the 7 going to shootout.
They were 2 - 5 in OT/SO.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
I honestly think our defense has been insanely good this year, only for our goaltending, mainly Murray, to take a massive steaming pile of dump..

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA

He’ll be out awhile it looks like...very very unfortunate...someone else said he grabbed his upper ankle or calf...hopefully not a high ankle sprain

giphy.gif

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
For Nov.
Pens were 6-5-3 = 15 points of 28 being just over .500
7 OT games out of 14 with 1 of the 7 going to shootout.
They were 2 - 5 in OT/SO.

Is this a surprise? I mean the fact we have gotten nearly 50% of the available points is miraculous given the injuries and Murray’s play.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
:laugh: Sully not even going his usual "being evaluated, will know more later" schtick and saying Dumo's just out with a lower body injury.

That can't bode well.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Pretty expected result really going into this one.

Good news is with Sully's poor decision making, the more they lose the more likely changes will be made.

Got some good news on the goaltending. Theres atleast 3 guys capable behind Murr.

This is really gonna suck if Dumo's out a good chunk of time. Wasn't Marino-Letang a thing at one point this season? They HAVE to put together atleast one good pairing...

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Pretty expected result really going into this one.

Good news is with Sully's poor decision making, the more they lose the more likely changes will be made.

Got some good news on the goaltending. Theres atleast 3 guys capable behind Murr.

This is really gonna suck if Dumo's out a good chunk of time. Wasn't Marino-Letang a thing at one point this season? They HAVE to put together atleast one good pairing...

Gotta go...
Letang-Marino
Pets-Riikola
JJ-ruh/Trotman

But really they should be contacting Calgary about Brodie ASAP...that lineup is brutal

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
If Dumo is out, I am panic-trading for a LD by Monday.

Petts has regressed, JJ is JJ and uh...yeah we need a panic trade.

Would never happen but I'd consider trading Murray to get a good LD with term in here.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
We could even go really crazy and play that new Finnish winger we got...Riikola, right? on D or something.

But I'm just a fan. First time caller, long term listener I'll hang up and listen for your answer.

Nah, im sure there is some ahl level bum that could play over him... let’s start raiding beer leagues for talent...

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
We could even go really crazy and play that new Finnish winger we got...Riikola, right? on D or something.

But I'm just a fan. First time caller, long term listener I'll hang up and listen for your answer.

Riiko's going in for sure with the LD Dumo out.
The problem is they are gonna keep JJ-Marino so it's probably gonna look like:

MP-Letang
JJ-Marino
Riiko-Trotman

Maybe it won't look as wonky as it's been...dunno.

Last edited:

MrRuckus

Nov 7, 2019
As I keep saying, you can microanalyze each goal and rationalize a lot of them, but end of the day, make a damn save.

It's really no more complicated than save percentage and I think he's up to like 8 of his last 10 being sub .900

Unless there's some crazy stat out there that he faces super high danger chances way more often than other goalies which I doubt

Reactions: KIRK

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
If Dumo is out, I am panic-trading for a LD by Monday.

Petts has regressed, JJ is JJ and uh...yeah we need a panic trade.

Would never happen but I'd consider trading Murray to get a good LD with term in here.
Fowler. ;) Not sure how the money would work next season and beyond though with raises. We can send them Petts back in the deal.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Riiko's going in for sure with the LD Dumo out.
The problem is they are gonna keep JJ-Marino so it's probably gonna look like:

MP-Letang
JJ-Marino
Riiko-Trotman

Maybe it won't look as wonky as it's been...dunno.

The issue there is that Tanger is obviously still hampered by his injury and Petts hasn’t been playing great the last couple weeks so you have half a letang and a question mark taking the lion share of tough minutes...

Then the obvious coaches move is coming to elevate JJ with tanger....

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It's really no more complicated than save percentage and I think he's up to like 8 of his last 10 being sub .900

Unless there's some crazy stat out there that he faces super high danger chances way more often than other goalies which I doubt

Nah.

November Penguins Team Stats:
CF% 55.7 (3rd)
FF% 56.3 (1st)
SF% 57.35 (1st)
XGF% 58.85 (1st)
SCF% 57.3 (1st)
HDCF% 60.27 (1st)

November:
Murray:
SV% .867
GAA 3.23