Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Man this weekend gives me the blues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
whats mind boggling is...we dominated them first two periods, got behind and than totally laid the egg in the third

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Meh first period but St Louis weren’t great either. Great second period but we are down because of Murray.

Really bad 3rd period but down 1 D and back to back. No energy to come from behind.

Could have been a different game if we had the lead going into the last. Or much closer anyway.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Well, it can't get much worse. So it will have to get better, right?

But seriously, they have to sit Ruh and Trotman. Maybe play Petts with Marino to get some confidence back.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
The injuries are finally starting to catch up. Abysmal luck.
I’m going to wait until the team is healthy but I’m just about in the, “the Pens kept the wrong goalie camp”.
Murray stops that flukey goal and who knows what would have happened in the third.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I can't even give Galchenyuk a minus anymore. He just sucks, that's his norm. Clock's ticking until the end of the season when he turns into cap space. We can't even move him because who the Hell would want the guy? :laugh: I'd legitimately take a 3rd for him in a heartbeat.

Also; Play Jarry and Riikola, you coward.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Caufield said.."Matt Murray made save after save, then one squeaks by."

There were like 5 shots on goal at that point.

Reactions: Angrrus

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Let’s keep the goals under 5 next game. They were playing lights out defensively before.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Play Jarry until Murray earns the net back. If you aren’t playing your best players, what the f*** are you doing as a coach. The team is dejected. Once again we were even then Murray happened.

Play Riikola. Are you seriously saying Ruh and Trotman are better? Thanks for the lazy penalties Ruh. If you aren’t playing your best players..

Please get Simon off the top line. Please put Malkin on the right half wall on the power play, I have no idea what is going through the head of a coach who takes his best player out of position and makes him a decoy. Evgeni Malkin has one of the best one-timers in the history of the game. Wake up.

Gally sucks because he plays cute and that won’t work in this system. We have to move on. Call Johnson up and make Gally earn his time.

Other than that, I love the team’s heart but we have several avoidable issues that we need to take care of. With our injuries we can’t afford to have any egos or passengers.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Hit a wall. Think Jimmy needs to rethink not making a trade. Especially if Rust, Schultz and Dumo are more than day to day.

Metro's too good.

Tonight, everyone in the East we didn’t want to win, won...we can’t continue to fail to get points on a nightly basis and stay in contention

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I wasn't surprised by anything that took place tonight. I will say that the points we squandered a few games back look even more likely to haunt us.

Reactions: Clare2904

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
semantics, y'all!

Caufield said.."Matt Murray made save after save, then one squeaks by."

There were like 5 shots on goal at that point.

so...save, after save, after save, after save, after save...then one squeaks by

Colby Armstrong with some Nazi level propaganda defending Murray lolol.

"Really gave the penguins a chance tonight..."

Hoooooly.

a chance to lose is still a chance, right?

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Well, it can't get much worse. So it will have to get better, right?

But seriously, they have to sit Ruh and Trotman. Maybe play Petts with Marino to get some confidence back.
Ruhwedel was much better previously. At least he was more sound. I have no idea what's going on with him this season. He's pinching when he shouldn't and taking bad penalties. He's just not reading the play as well.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
EC9084AD-7B3D-4382-8FF0-4B1F8DFB9E16.jpeg

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Our D zone structure and positioning is really taking hit of late. We're just not supporting each other as well as we need to.

The team is trying to overcompensate to produce goals and when it doesn’t work it’s gruesome....

They need to be able to score more frequently by generating goals in the zone more than just off the rush... off the rush goals are great supplemental goals but you cannot build a whole offense off of it...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The team is trying to overcompensate to produce goals and when it doesn’t work it’s gruesome....

They need to be able to score more frequently by generating goals in the zone more than just off the rush... off the rush goals are great supplemental goals but you cannot build a whole offense off of it...

Agree...the D are pinching too much for the talent on the ice...they’d be better going back to playing like the Isles and trying to generate goals by being patient and capitalizing on mistakes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad