Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Man this weekend gives me the blues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
So I don't want to sit here and bitch about injuries because the team opposite us has injuries, too. Murray is bad. Pets is bad. Simon is laughable. Zar almost gave effort.

It is what it is right now. It ain't pretty. The last 2 games were a complete ass whippin' in every facet of the game. In the past we were playing the right way. The last 2 games... no way. We didn't deserve a single point and we didn't get any.

Get healthy. Fix Murray.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Dear Murray:

dhKPt3K.gif

PhilThrillPill

Jun 4, 2016
Toronto
To repeat what I said near the end of the game...

This game was just sickening to watch.
1.5 lines playing good hockey. The rest got owned.
Murray is simply not playing well enough.
Rughwedel is an abomination. Every time he was on the ice we got owned in the D zone.
Peterson, playing like a #5-6 d man at best.

It’s looked bad the past couple of games. We simply cannot handle these injuries anymore.

Reactions: ownal and Andy99

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
So I don't want to sit here and ***** about injuries because the team opposite us has injuries, too. Murray is bad. Pets is bad. Simon is laughable. Zar almost gave effort.

It is what it is right now. It ain't pretty. The last 2 games were a complete ass whippin' in every facet of the game. In the past we were playing the right way. The last 2 games... no way. We didn't deserve a single point and we didn't get any.

Get healthy. Fix Murray.
Naah.. at Columbus they were awful. Tonight they were better and were fully in the game. Then Murray killed them. That is very deflating. Right now they desperately NEED solid goaltending with all these injuries. And Murray plays like the worst goalie in the league now. This game is on him. And he should feel really really bad.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
Ruhwedel is bad enough. But I'm gonna puke if I gotta watch Trotman play again. Can't believe that guy is good enough to play in the AHL.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Lots of problems. I expected this team to struggle with all the injuries and guys underperforming, but losses still stink.

Best we can hope for is that Sully straightens things out lineup-wise and we can manage to hover around .500 until the New Year when Sid's probably going to return.

Can't say I love the idea of needing another furious rush from New Year onward to simply make the playoffs (fatigue and injury implications), but that's probably what we're looking at.

If/When JR makes a move, I hope he doesn't part with anything significant unless the guy coming back will be around and a strong player for years to come.

Reactions: EightyOne

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Rust is so important to this team.

--------Sully... Ruhwedel burns you every game you play him. Why don't you learn?
------------------------------------------------- Murray

Yes, Rust is important, but Sully could've replaced Rust with a Rust like player on L1. Instead, he chose Simon, who until his 'promotion' had been demoted to one of the least used forwards on the team. The 'numbers' are fine, but the dynamism that you got from L1 AND from Malkin just isn't there without a fast guy on the RW.

Man, every single lineup decision from Sully is BRUTAL right now. He's taking a bad situation and making it worse.

And, speaking of bad situations . . . MURRAY.

As I keep saying, you can microanalyze each goal and rationalize a lot of them, but end of the day, make a damn save. A team that has cup hopes needs that, and a team with these kind of injuries needs it doubly so. But, Murray . . . he isn't just failing to make the big saves . . . he's giving up the back breaking goals.

It's all so frustrating, because there are a couple of guys really laying it all out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad